Rock matchups

anti kilik:

11K (BLOCKED) -> CT beats out a lot of stuff kilik does.. because kilik is a bastard with all his FC/WS stuff are TC... the only thing you gotta watch out for is if he does WS K... but if he does that ... start GIing

-LAU

I will never GI Kilik. I've gotten hit by WAY too many WSBs in my lifetime. I will stick to my crouch throw, throw, and guard ways -_-.

But Crouch throw does work wonders on Kilik.

anti siegfried:

Just found this out yesterday..

if you CT spam (literally) on sieg..... he's really left with VERY limited options.... because thanks to CT... it's tech crouch making all high's miss him... like sieg's 6A, agA, throw, 6K... all his good mids are tech crouch like: 3, 3A, 4K, he can't do iWS either... so strangely enough... this is a pretty viable option.... you might get hit by stuff like 3K but honestly.. that move is negative on hit and does like no damage.

I'm beginning to think this might make rock have a stronger advantage over sieg in this matchup

-LAU

if he goes into NSS stance like WS ... your best option is to 2A+K him it pretty much beats out most of the good options... it's either that or guard....

1A is another good option but only if you want some RO action...

-LAU

1K works too i think. Haha to TC with Rock you gotta go low literally it seems
1K, 2A+K, 1A.

p.s
Sieg blows :p

anti siegfried:

Just found this out yesterday..

if you CT spam (literally) on sieg..... he's really left with VERY limited options.... because thanks to CT... it's tech crouch making all high's miss him... like sieg's 6A, agA, throw, 6K... all his good mids are tech crouch like: 3, 3A, 4K, he can't do iWS either... so strangely enough... this is a pretty viable option.... you might get hit by stuff like 3K but honestly.. that move is negative on hit and does like no damage.

I'm beginning to think this might make rock have a stronger advantage over sieg in this matchup

-LAU

That's a very funny way of defeating someone but I'd do it. haha

Been having problems against Astaroth with Rock...

here are the reasons.

1) because asta is big.. he can tech further back compared to other characters..... making certain tech either impossible or harder to do

2) 3A+G -> B+K -> fail.... 4A+B might be out of range if they tech backwards... you need to dash in for GT and you might fail at doing that as well...

3) 3A+G -> 1B+G ... is harder on asta than any other characters.

4) When you start to play non-throw games against asta.. asta got the better version of everything... Asta's AB > Rock's AA/BB... Asta's 66AB > Rock's 66AB... asta's BR > rock's BR.... asta's A+B > Rock's A+B... asta's 44A > Rock's 44A .... 4B > 4B.. etc... the list goes on...

So it seems like at any range.. i'm getting owned... and simply using 2B+K/2A+K isn't cutting it either....

i find this match up harder than any other match ups that i can think of... INCLUDING against setsuka...

-LAU

Random Crouch Throws will shut down his throw/bullrush game. In fact, you will notice that without bullrush, the Asta match up becomes WAY easier. So shut that down and it gets better. Other than that, all I do is get him on wake-up and keep him there. The dude doesn't have anything fast 2A/BB, so just pound him to submission.

I thought the 4A+B will still work, but the ground throw would whiff because they're too far.

D:
you're probably right.. i just remember certain combos and techs kinda sucks against asta

will try out your crouch throw idea.. it sounds good

-LAU

Crouch Throw spam sounds so ridiculous, but I want to try it out too. Anyone happen to test out the TC frames of it?

No need to test it, it's not used for it's TC, i don't see how it's beneficial. When u TC something, just be happy that it did.

vs Asta, use 6B+K after 3A+G
cuz he's big, slight dash forward to 22B works on him in ground games better than others too.

Crouch throw application does go a long way though :) as it usually does. But in general yea Asta is tough.

22B should work. I'm wondering whether they can tech back and avoid the crouch throw followup. Dash forward to 22B should work in theory, but it's a bit hard to do under pressure.

Lau - Wat do you think on Rock vs. Taki? I was thinking Even if not adv. for Taki jus cause he's unsafe and he doesnt have answers like Asta does vs. PO and her speed.

Lau - Wat do you think on Rock vs. Taki? I was thinking Even if not adv. for Taki jus cause he's unsafe and he doesnt have answers like Asta does vs. PO and her speed.

no idea about this match up we don't have too many taki players here to make a good judgement

everything against taki for me is really based on theory fighting + fighting against CF's taki... and taki of my own

otherwise.. it's against your taki.

so you can tell how limited i am

-LAU

Yeah, so, as a crossover from the Mina chatting, Rock vs Mina is in her favour.

Taki vs Rock goes to the ninja bitch as well, as far as I can see. PO is hard to deal with; I've found myself hoping I can react to the UB with a low throw, and that's just wrong. Though it's been a while.

I need to try some low throw spam vs Sieg next time I have the chance. I've always found him to be a little too intimidating (my fault).

don't mean to change the subject...
but wat do you think of the match up Rock vs Ivy?
with Ivy not only having speed on rock (who doesn't) but just as much range as rock. I can't find any advantages with rock against (keyword " I can't") Ivy. she was just as many GB's as rock, and faster 1s.
only thing I've found so far. some of Ivy good moves TC's and i can CT her out of them.
but so far I see the match up
Rock Vs Ivy
4/6 for rock

Back