SC Controversial Topics and General Shitposting Thread

I'm good with the idea of her fighting with a rapier mostly all the time, but her Soul Charge unleashing the orb, yet not really in her control due to her inexperience with it. It just naturally augments attacks, doing its own thing. Sets up the orb's origins, and eventually she learns to utilize it properly, perhaps in SoulCalibur VII, where she can be more like Viola, differentiating her from Raphael more properly. I just don't feel like child Amy being a master of the spell orb is believable at all. She has to work up to it.

Amy could easily just shift to using a much more nimble style of rapier, or possibly use the claw in her spare hand. That could make a unique moveset. Plus she's arguably younger than TALIM, she needs an extra weapon for a bit of extra punch. Hehe. Punch.

We still need an egyptian character in like ancient egyptian armor. Screw the timeline, I want an egyptian character that is in the hedress and stuff. I want a Khopesh, or one of the weird polearm thing with two axes on both sides. Please Okubo

There was a thread about a producer on SoulCalibur VI expressing (via Twitter) how depressed and unhappy he is with the working environment at Namco-Bandai. The thread was locked, but I'm not sure why. Perhaps it was because the guy deleted his tweets, but it seems like it's already too late to conceal the story. Here's an article on a Japanese website about his tweets:

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/9070533.html

The story has over 300 comments. This is going to be hard for anyone to bury.

I know this is just the shitposting thread, but can we try to make something good come from this? Maybe sending support to the team and/or asking Namco-Bandai to value their employee's health? My fear is that this guy is just going to be punished for speaking out, and everyone else is just going to continue to suffer in silence.

We really should talk more about reversal edge it could end up hurting the game if we just take people's word for it and it turns out being bad

Until more of us can get our hands on the game I don’t think we’ll be able to make a fair judgment on how RE will turn out.

It looks slow and vertical, which seems easy enough to get around given the robust movement system (thank god for a return to form here), but it also has armor on it which makes me think I, personally, will jump the gun on a punish and then get hit by the damn RE anyway.

How safe are the REs? Can we do more than just the bare minimum, generic A, A punish? Can we punish them at all?

Is the safety of the RE character specific? Like, hypothetically, Sophie’s RE is -7 on block, but Asta’s is -12? That’d be a huge deterrent to use it if it was more unsafe for certain chars, and a dynamic that everyone would have to keep in mind character to character.

What happens if a to-be-announced character’s RE is a horizontal mid?

What is someone’s RE is horizontal high?

What about the option of just turtling up during the rock-paper-scissors portion? Can’t I just guard through two iterations and beat all options?

So many questions that can all be answers with just a bit more time and some hands on experience.

Side note: I made this post from The ‘Ol Porcelain Throne so this is literally shitposting.

So regarding those rumors about Maxi since someone said something about it in another topic...

Wasn't THAT implied between Voldo and Vercci? I thought that the former was the latter's right hand man, but he's a BDSM slave. Why?

So regarding those rumors about Maxi since someone said something about it in another topic...

Wasn't THAT implied between Voldo and Vercci? I thought that the former was the latter's right hand man, but he's a BDSM slave. Why?
Yeah, Voldo was Vercci's right-hand man.

latest

As for the BDSM part...I think that's just how Namco wanted his design to be like l0l

I'm pretty sure it was agreed that Voldo and Vercci were an item. I see Voldo as going all Gollum or whatever during his time at the Money Pit. Gollum/Smeagol in kinky fetish wear.

It should be noted that a master and servant role is not necessarily sexual, some people do it to just have purpose in their lives.
And sensory deprivation is not necessary a BDSM thing either.
I will never start seeing Voldo as BDSM dude, for me he would always be a loyal servant that uses sensory deprivation as mean to make other senses stronger and as core of his fighting style.

We still need an egyptian character in like ancient egyptian armor. Screw the timeline, I want an egyptian character that is in the hedress and stuff. I want a Khopesh, or one of the weird polearm thing with two axes on both sides. Please Okubo
Meh, it doesn't seem like actual Egyptian characters wouldn't fit the time period unless they're magic. I think you could make the plausibility of having maybe an undead character brought back from released souls or Soul edge reanimating said character. Or if they retconned it to be that the Soul Swords have existed throughout the history of civilization and morphed with it, or created by Aries/Hephaestus and existed in Egypt at some point.

Last edited:
And sensory deprivation is not necessary a BDSM thing either.
I will never start seeing Voldo as BDSM dude, for me he would always be a loyal servant that uses sensory deprivation as mean to make other senses stronger and as core of his fighting style.
Its hard to not see that with his contortionist movements and his costumes usually being him wrapped in belts, bandages and a thong. Hes not exactly a 'blind Samurai' lol.
And I'd personally say all that helps add up to Voldo being among the most unique characters Soulcalibur has the brought to the roster. I still wonder what Namco was drinking/smoking when designing this character, but it seems like it worked out in the end lol.

What if Project Soul decided to cut Siegfried from the roster because Geralt is also a European-looking guy with long, fair hair and badass scars on his face?

I doubt that's the case, but if it was true and Okubo confirmed it, can you imagine the salt?

What if Project Soul decided to cut Siegfried from the roster because Geralt is also a European-looking guy with long, fair hair and badass scars on his face?

I doubt that's the case, but if it was true and Okubo confirmed it, can you imagine the salt?

Not happening

They wont kick any of the iconic characters after the disaster that is SCV. lol

Originals who were replaced, lost moves, & stance from SCV are returning in SCVI.

You two are missing the point.

It’s supposed to be a hypothetical where we, the shitposters, imagine a world where Seig isn’t in, and the tears of the forlorn flood the world while we revel in their dismay.

So in the true spirit of the thread: I think that would be god damned hilarious. I would also benefit because for some god damned reason I’ve always been weak against Nightmare/Seig and having one of them be absent would increase my overall chances at victory.

Fuck you Seig, you pizza paddle wielding bishi boy.

The "what if" riots would be pretty big if that "what if" happened.

They wont kick any of the iconic characters after the disaster that is SCV. lol
My thoughts exactly. They won't risk doing that twice l0l

Back