SC Controversial Topics and General Shitposting Thread

Oh my god... I hadn’t even thought about it but I suddenly need a pastry based combatant in this game.

Lucius, Wielder of the Blessed Baguette, Flinger of Baklava, Thirteeth of his Dozen has arrived at this stage of history!
If his level of handsome is the same of the rest of his family, I'd love to have a taste of that baguette...

I might as well get this off my chest. I think characters who don't seem to have any fighting experience shouldn't be in the SC series at all.

Characters such as Cassandra, Amy and Pyrrha (maybe missing a few) who don't have any fighting experience nor any decent amount of sparring lessons when introduced in the SC series all of a sudden magically fly to high tier category, baffles me.

To me, Sophitia in comparison to Cassandra, she looks more of an experienced warrior then again I don't know much of a her background in terms of sparring lessons; but the way Namco designed her looks as though she had fighting experience.

Cassandra is more physically fit than Sophitia and actually relies more on her own weapon skill(as she never had divine help).
Both come from a baker's family with no prior sword training, but Cass at least has the excuse of possibly starting to train as early as Sophitia's departure in SE(Which would mean she could have 6 years of training, arguably 7).

Amy: She has been adopted by Raph since the SC1 period at the latest. This gives her at least 4 years of sparring with Raphael, who should by all means have some of the best sword traning in the SC world, being a noble. She's also superhuman due to malfestation.

Pyrrha... agreed. She's pretty much being protected by divine intervention, much like Sophitia, but with no real reason why beyong Hephaestus feeling sorry for her?
latest

We shoud forget about SC5 characters except of ZWEI and Dampierre :)
ZWEI is worse than yoda. He's shadow the hedgehog in human form with a random ass wolf ghost for no reason. He didn't fit the game at all. Just a random mess of a character. Throw him into the retcon abyss with the rest of 5.

Both come from a baker's family with no prior sword training, but Cass at least has the excuse of possibly starting to train as early as Sophitia's departure in SE (Which would mean she could have 6 years of training, arguably 7).
I don't think that's the case though. Based on 8wayrun's wiki article which is based off from Namco's official story line, it mentions that "She was inexperienced with the use of weapons". Now later in the wiki it did state that "she remembered using them roughly", so in those last 6 years after Sophitia's departure she did have some sparring lessons but only casually; I would assume she doesn't spend way too much time sparring as she isn't fully committed.

Cassandra is more physically fit than Sophitia and actually relies more on her own weapon skill(as she never had divine help).
I don't see how Cassandra using her own fighting art style makes her more physically fit than Sophitia? You're going to have clarify that to me. Another thing is that in SC2, she was chubby, but she did lose weight in later iterations though not visually by much.

Amy: She has been adopted by Raph since the SC1 period at the latest.
SC2 period actually.

This gives her at least 4 years of sparring with Raphael, who should by all means have some of the best sword traning in the SC world, being a noble. She's also superhuman due to malfestation.
It isn't 4 years; months at best. Based on soulcalibur.wikia.com, if you look from SC2 to SC4 the year is the same throughout. It still baffles me how a loli with very little experience would be tiers higher than her mentor, Raphael who's a malfested vampire.

Thank you for sharing, hopefully we'll continue this debate.

TO THE RETCON ABYSS WITH YE!

When compared, I don’t think any of the SCV contemporaries best their originals, and the unique styled new chars, while they have cool fighting styles, just are wet lumps of meeehhhhhhhh...

I would like to preserve the style of a weapon + companion art, but ZWEI wasn’t the vehicle for which to convey how cool a style like that could be.

Look at Carl from Blazblue, or Galford from Samurai Showdown, or Zato-1/Eddie from Guilty Gear. A fighter + companion archetype can work well, but not when it’s a low effort looking edgelord who’s been crammed into a game anachronistically and stands out like a member of a symphonic orchestra playing a Otomatone.

And Amy/Viola can show up and have her pig sticker or her orb, doesn’t matter to me, just as long as the orb doesn’t kill air control and guarantee 75%+ combos. (But pokey-pokey Amy would be preferable)

What if we get someone who uses the orb, so the style can be preserved, that’s not Amy? Like an old ass gypsy with two teeth, a sweet ass do-rag, and mysticism out the wazoo? That’d be sweet. I’m thinking one of the collector, bag ladies from Labyrinth, but with an orb and a mean streak. Yeah...

It isn't 4 years; months at best. Based on soulcalibur.wikia.com, if you look from SC2 to SC4 the year is the same throughout. It still baffles me how a loli with very little experience would be tiers higher than her mentor, Raphael who's a malfested vampire.

Thank you for sharing, hopefully we'll continue this debate.
Nope, Raphael adopts Amy in 1583, and SC1 takes place in 1587 so if they wanted to include Amy they definitely could.

This is from the Project Soul book btw

Nope, Raphael adopts Amy in 1583, and SC1 takes place in 1587 so if they wanted to include Amy they definitely could.

This is from the Project Soul book btw
But Raphael's story states that she was less than ten years old when they met. So, let's assume 8? SoulCalibur 2/3/4 take place in 1591 (ish), so that would make Amy older than Talim (16 vs 15). That doesn't square with her design in my opinion.

I don't see how Cassandra using her own fighting art style makes her more physically fit than Sophitia? You're going to have clarify that to me. Another thing is that in SC2, she was chubby, but she did lose weight in later iterations though not visually by much.
[/QUOTE]

Cassandra being more physically fit than Cassandra is from interviews.
Her using her own fighting style is more about the skill part; Sophitia relies on the gods and faith to guide her sword, Cass has no such divine help and relies entirely on her own ability.

SC2 period actually.

It isn't 4 years; months at best.

Raphael was on the run immediately after the end of Soul Edge, and met Amy sometimes during his time on the run. Him meeting Amy in the SCII intro is a "flashback".

Pictured below, Amy when she was adopted to the left, her when actually entering combat to the right.
vstsbPx.png

Pictured below, Amy when she was adopted to the left, her when actually entering combat to the right.
vstsbPx.png
[/QUOTE]

The Amy on the left reminds me of Pipy Longstockings

But Raphael's story states that she was less than ten years old when they met. So, let's assume 8? SoulCalibur 2/3/4 take place in 1591 (ish), so that would make Amy older than Talim (16 vs 15). That doesn't square with her design in my opinion.
SC3 and 4 take place the same year and Amy looks a LOT younger in 3 imo, so design probably isn’t the best to go off of haha the timeline doesn’t lie. Plus I think Amy and Talim look like they’re around the same age, so I’d say that sounds about right.

Amy was actually really cool, i didn't like SC4 so much that forgot some Pros of it.

If they end up making Amy is Viola i hope they'll come with a good lore explanations.

SC3 and 4 take place the same year and Amy looks a LOT younger in 3 imo, so design probably isn’t the best to go off of haha the timeline doesn’t lie. Plus I think Amy and Talim look like they’re around the same age, so I’d say that sounds about right.
Talim always seems to be the one looking younger each game. She looked much older in SC2 than she ended up in SC4.

Last edited:
Maybe the wind is the secret to immortality, and she would have been even younger in SoulCalibur V instead of staying the same age like others.

I really wanna see Amyiola wielding a rapier AND an orb. I think they commend each other well. It's a best of both worlds situation.
AmyOrb.jpg

Fuck the claw. It was out of nowhere and felt unfitting.

Back