SC Controversial Topics and General Shitposting Thread

I know we’re not completely in the clear from the idea of a One Piece character making it into SC, but I think we’re safe, and don’t have to worry about it anymore.

And thank fuck for that. The second it was brought up my immediate reaction was, “God damnit... whyyyyyyyyy?”

So cheers to Geralt and his supplanting of a poorly drawn, no joint having character design abomination.

I don't get why people are so upset at the idea of Maxi being gay. They made Siegfried and Mitsurugi gay in SCV and no one seemed to care.

I mean, that's clearly what they were going for.

Salia wanted to bang Siegfried, but instead he decides to stay single into his 40s.
Taki wanted to bang Mitsurugi, but instead he decides to stay single into his 40s.

Yeah, that's not how heterosexual dudes behave. (I guess maybe they could have lost their dicks in a tragic accident, but I think the simplest explanation is that they're playing for the other team.)

Salia wanted to bang Siegfried, but instead he decides to stay single into his 40s.
Taki wanted to bang Mitsurugi, but instead he decides to stay single into his 40s.

...DuH FcK dID me weAD?! LMAOF.

You sir must be best troll. Also didn't you argue early on this thread that Project Soul was going to screw Maxi up because of this? Don't remember too well, but I think it was you.

Edit: Also there is really no prove that Taki and Mitsurugi were attracted to each. Also, Siegy is still full of angst.

Last edited:
I mean, that's clearly what they were going for.

Yeah, that's not how heterosexual dudes behave. (I guess maybe they could have lost their dicks in a tragic accident, but I think the simplest explanation is that they're playing for the other team.)
...how the fuck does rejecting people make a person gay? Mitsurugi and Siegfried are warriors, they could care less about nonsense like dating/relationships l0l

I always preferred Li Long anyways.
lonsbeart3-jpg.3830

@Trace_afj
But yea if you decide to respond do it here. No one wants the other thread getting banned or mods deleting a bunch of stuff.

Alternatively: Don't.

There's a huge difference between discussing the potential sexuality of a SC character, and having a big ol' argument about the definition of homophobia.

Let's guess which one ISN'T Soulcalibur related.

Take that shit to PMs or wallposts.

...how the fuck does rejecting people make a person gay? Mitsurugi and Siegfried are warriors, they could care less about nonsense like dating/relationships l0l
Well, in Mitsu's case, he was a farmer for 15 years prior to SCV. So you're saying it's normal for a heterosexual farmer to think "Eh, don't need a wife or kids to help me with my crops. When I get old and sick, I guess I'll just die. l0l no women for me!"? I guess maybe an intensely stupid farmer would think that.

But with Siegfried, maybe you're right. He's just 100% asexual. Siegfried's dick is Schrodinger's cat. It's neither gay nor straight, living nor dead. Maybe Sophitia kneed him in the crotch so hard that it literally exploded back in SE. It makes no difference either way, right?

Also didn't you argue early on this thread that Project Soul was going to screw Maxi up because of this? Don't remember too well, but I think it was you.
Must have been a different Rex.

My opinion has always been that the rumor about Maxi being gay is a brilliant troll. Maybe one of the greatest trolls ever, if the resulting two pages of vitriolic argument are any indicator. SoulCalibur isn't a series that addresses sexuality, and in fact does everything possible to avoid the subject (as evidenced by the examples of Mitsurugi and Siegfried). Expecting a gay character is like expecting SoulCalibur to deal with major religious themes or political controversies. There's nothing to gain from taking the risk and it's so much easier to play it safe.

Which is not to say I don't WANT them to take risks and treat the characters as real people. I'd love it even more if they tackled philosophical issues.

But at the end of the day, it's a kids' game about some magic swords. I've learned to accept this.

Was there ever a reason for the switch from Li Long to Maxi in between SoulEdge/Blade and SoulCalibur?

I vaguely remember, but am too lazy to look up, something about Li Long dying at the end of Edge/Blade?

The prologue of SC1 also featured an image of a bloodied and defeated Li Long, which led people to believe his death was cannon. Of course, no one ever dies in fighting games.

Maxi died in his SC1 ending, but was brought back anyway. Astaroth did too, actually.

I think the real reason why they replaced Li Long with Maxi is that they wanted a third protagonist to complement Kilik and Xianghua. Li Long's serious martial artist persona would have been too similar to Kilik's stoicism, whereas Maxi's loud and cocky personality contrasted nicely with it. Maybe they considered making Li Long a Maxi clone in SC1, but concluded they looked just a bit too similar. Most of the SC1 clones are visually as different as possible.

Li Long is really underrated. It would be nice if he did come back since I feel that the circumstances he went through to avenge the love of his life whom he thought was dead only to get beaten up to near death by Cervantes and was only saved when Sophitia showed up in time to beat Cervantes up. At least he got together again with Chie in the end.
Well now I want Li Long’s baby slangin’ dem ‘chucks in SCVI.
Lol, I would've loved to have seen Riki (that is the name of Li Long and Chie's son) if they continued where they left off from V. Alas, that was not to be. Can't have my cake and eat it, too.

I feel like if they wanted, they could bring Li Long back as a DLC character and gauge interest. Use his SoulCalibur III Arcade Edition moveset as a base, which is a fair bit different from Maxi. They haven't really forgotten about him (or Hwang, either), since they've made appearances in Broken Destiny and in SoulCalibur V as well in their Quick Match/Battle modes.

I never really realize but sc5 had a ton of new female characters and all of them were super young female girls lol

Back