SC Controversial Topics and General Shitposting Thread

Even though he's not my favorite, I would be mad hype if Li Long got announced.

The reason being that his inclusion would ONLY be for the OG fans of the series. He's not a cool new character to attract the kids (Groh) or a popular character to attract publicity and sales (Geralt). He's the type of character that old school Tekken fans hope for and won't get (e.g. Wang). It would be a totally unexpected, but (for me) very welcome return.

Did you think his play style in 3 was unique enough to separate him from Maxi? I didn’t.

While I like him marginally more than Maxi, I don’t think you can create enough of a style difference to warrant him and Maxi being in the same game at the same time.

Did you think his play style in 3 was unique enough to separate him from Maxi? I didn’t.
Oh, I definitely did. Particularly in the arcade version.

If they wanted to, they could make him into the Sophitia to Maxi's Cassandra. (But I'm not kidding myself. They won't bring him back.)

Li Long is my original main from Soul Blade so to have him back officially would delight me to no end. It's been 20 years since he's made an official appearence and no, I don't count SC3 nor the modified SC3AE as an official return. It's about time Li Long got some love from the developers for once.

Both Hwang and Li Long styles from the Arcade Edition are unique enough to separate them from Yun-seong and Maxi, and they could definitely bring both of them in to be alternate takes on the styles like so many others that exist. The best hope for Li Long is to be released as DLC, I think, but Hwang actually really could be in the base roster, if Korea hasn't been cut.

Neither of them have been forgotten over time, though, not even after SoulCalibur III, since they have made appearances in Broken Destiny and SoulCalibur V in the quick battle modes, even if Hwang was a malfested Devil Jin style user for some reason in SoulCalibur V.

Sorry to invade this theard, I know many in this specific thread don't like me, but I don't see any bashing thread in this site ...
I watched all Yoshimitsu's trailers and always had some comments like "He is the new guest?" "but He is from Tekken series!!" or "Why he comebacks? they need a new character"
ExaltedNaughtyGoldfish-max-1mb.gif

This gave me such anger ... I needed to express this without offending people on YouTube.

The fuck? People think Yoshi is a guest? Then I, too, am mutually enraged with you. It makes me want this game to come out sooner so I can stomp these 18'ers into shit.

-

Re: Character diversity

Hwang and Yun are far enough apart in playstyle and overall image. They seem like they could both be in and I wouldn't feel that the overlap would be enough to cause any sort of confusion. The visual differences between Hwang and Yun are also mirrored in the comparison of Li Long and Maxi. The older half of each pair is more serious, and has a no-nonsense demeanor. Even their movesets, when compared to their contemporaries, are more static, rigid, and very 'within the lines.' Yun and Maxi seem more brash, full of fire, and have moves that reflect a more fluid, dynamic look at their respective weapons, though the moveset difference between Li Long and Maxi doesn't seem as great.

Now, admittedly, I played both Hwang and Yun far more than Li Long and Maxi, so it's easier for me to delineate the differences between the Koreans than the 'chuck slingers, so this really all is just one guys opinion.

Whatevs... why can't this game just come out already.

Me. Geralt's too.

I'd make the rest of the characters too, but there's no high-resolution artwork for all of them.
Good job.

Yes Geralt's does look different from the ones in the reveal videos.

The only character without the ~7000 resolution are Yoshi and Siegfried so far no ?

The only character without the ~7000 resolution are Yoshi and Siegfried so far no ?
Correct. I don't know how they could forget to release the artwork, I really hope someone reminds them in an interview at some point. The last thing we need is another situation like Kilik in SCV where we never got the art.

Strangely the PC forum version still has the SCIV/SCV art for everyone except Siegfried, Nightmare, Ivy, Mitsu, Groh and Geralt.
Mobile forum has the GORGEOUS SCVI art (thanks @Norik! :) for everyone, except for Yoshimitsu.

Last edited:
Back