SC Controversial Topics and General Shitposting Thread

Isn't "Alice" (i.e. the character from the Lewis Carroll book) in the public domain? If so, perhaps it would be better for ProjectSoul to create their own version of the character, so that they can re-use her in future games without having to re-license American McGee's version.

"Darn yer riddles, ya saucy female! What d’ya mean?"
I like nunchucks, perhaps too much.

Hey, here's another brainstorm for differentiating Li Long from Maxi. Li Long could be able to switch between one-nunchuck mode and double-nunchuck mode, similar to Ivy's whip and sword modes, or Groh's stance switch. Sounds pretty different from Maxi to me. But then again, maybe no one should listen to me.

I just want to remind everyone that this iteration of SC will also have the 'guest chars' BGM be the best in the game.

Previously Ezio's theme was my favorite of the BGMs, now Geralt's is king.

DAMN THIS IS A SICK TRACK

I assume you watched that Wiidude top ten list didn't you?
Uh, yeah like years ago though . The rock joke was funny and stuck with me.

Back to shitposting now anyway
Anyways, do you think we'll get the same voice actors for CAS voices, and can they PLEASE make rock interesting this time if he is in?

Back to shitposting now anyway
Anyways, do you think we'll get the same voice actors for CAS voices, and can they PLEASE make rock interesting this time if he is in?
I don't think it would happen, but it'd be interesting to see the CaS voice actors from SCV reprise their roles. I'd be fine with it though. Hopefully the lines for the voices aren't as boring as they are in V.

Also, a list of upcoming Totaku figurines popped up online. And one figurine has caught my attention...
20180526_182726.jpg

I also found the CaS voices boring, but I can't really see how they can make them any more interesting. If they go with anything more than the most bland, generic crap, each voice will almost be like a character unto itself...but shared by every single style made with that voice. For the voices to match a good range of conceivable styles they end up having to be quite dull.

Someone in the general thread said, “(Maxi) doesn’t look gay.”

Even if this was meant in a lighthearted manner, it’s still a little troubling. Characters are characters, and their sexual preference really has nothing to do with how they would engage in combat with others in a fighting game.

There’s no “checklist for gay” you can mark up and definitely identify someone’s sexual preference. I don’t even know why I’m getting worked up over this, but it’s upsetting that a characters sexual orientation is even a topic in a fighting game. Why does it matter?

The same goes for quite a few other games and genres as well.

Given something like Mass Effect where romantic interests are present, this is an appropriate time for sexual orientation identification. A fighting game or an FPS like Overwatch? Completely irrelevant. Why does it matter? Does it change how they play? Does it change any mechanics?

What kind of archaicly minded individual thinks, “oh I can’t pick Maxi, he has a case of the gay.”

Why does it matter? Does it change how they play? Does it change any mechanics?
My sources at Namco-Bandai indicate that it will actually affect how Maxi plays. When Maxi is armor-broken, it will be revealed that Maxi is at full-mast, but ONLY when playing against Mitsurugi, Kilik, Groh or Siegfried. This won't be merely visual, as it will also give Maxi access to an additional "thrust" move that can be used to extend his combos. Apparently the fewer clothes his opponent is wearing, the more powerful his thrust becomes.

Well, even in FPS and fighting games, there is established lore, so I see no problem with also establishing a character's sexuality if it has any significance to their personal lore - which, according to Vergeben's leaks regarding this, it will. However there is absolutely no confirmation yet on Maxi's sexuality so no point in even discussing it in depth until that happens IMO.
I agree that anyone who knows a character is gay and uses that as a reason to not play as them is pretty archaically minded though, and if I may stretch it a bit further, flat out bigoted and pretty dumb.

Even if this was meant in a lighthearted manner,
I'm pretty sure it was meant as a jest directed at the absurdity that there was so much discussion around such a trivial point

Even if this was meant in a lighthearted manner, it’s still a little troubling.
Lmao
I don’t even know why I’m getting worked up over this, but it’s upsetting that a characters sexual orientation is even a topic in a fighting game.
Because you're over sensitive.
Why does it matter?
It doesn't. Everyone will not agree with each other. There will always be people who find it ok, & people who find homosexuality very immoral.

My advice, develop "thicker skin". Or don't, w/e.

Guys, I need advice. My wife dislike me playing "sexy video games". After married to her, I only play some tame games like Dragon Ball Fighterz or Persona 5.

I have no intention to skip SoulCalibur VI. What should I do? I can't be the only one that in this situation right?SoulCalibur is my laifu and Sophitia is my waifu.

Back