SC Controversial Topics and General Shitposting Thread

I'd see. If they give us (me) a good trade for the lack of Raphael, I'd consider. Otherwise, I think that would probably kill the hype.
Personally, I think one good thing to come out of them replacing Amy with Viola would be for them to give Raph all her good moves that would fit him, making him a better character overall.

Yeah my character not making it would kill my hype especially after SC5 luckily she's heavily rumoured to be in now its just a matter of her being revealed hopefully it's sooner rather than later

Yeah my character not making it would kill my hype especially after SC5 luckily she's heavily rumoured to be in now its just a matter of her being revealed hopefully it's sooner rather than later
What's your character Kappa

Here's a question I'd like to put before the thread:

How would you react if your favorite character wasn't in SoulCalibur VI? Would it completely kill your hype?
If Voldo isn't in SCVI I'll be disappointed. But for it to completely kill my hype, not really. After all, there are plenty of other fighting styles to pick up and play so I'll just move on to the next one that I find just as enjoyable.

I don't think the hype for SCVI will die if my favourite character wasn't in it, although I admit I would be upset. No Cassandra in SCV sucked, even though there were other characters that had some of her moveset. It just wasn't the same.

However, basing my experience on SCV, there were so many characters in the Soul Calibur games that made me keep playing. I often found myself troubled with who to sub since so many characters were fun to play, despite how different their playstyle was to my main ^^.

I can understand how others would feel though if their main wasn't included, especially when their weapon was so unique to the series (Talim, Zasalamel, Hilde, Yun-Seong etc.). Let's hope SCVI delivers this time round!

I would be upset if Cassandra isn't in SCVI, but not enough to not get the game day one (and it wouldn't be like it hasn't happened before). It's not like she'd be gone forever as she could come back the next game or as DLC. However, if I don't buy it because she's not in it and then the game fails due to lack of sales that pretty much ensures that her and no other character comes back and I would be part of the reason for that based solely on pettiness.

I've also got a question: Who do you think shouldn't be in the game?

I think Rock is unnecessary and should be permanently replaced by Bangoo who would have a completely different weapon and moveset. Rock can appear in Bangoo's cinematic endings though or be DLC.

Last edited:
That can be said for at least half of the cast though, including the ones that used to be relevant back then.
Bruh, fight me in my driveway
In terms of design I feel they're the weakest, and the most tired, and aren't really iconic characters of the series. Astaroth is ugly and always has been, Cervy is dusty and Lizardman has just been begging to be cut. Voldo is fine I guess but only because he's pretty iconic at this point. The rest are forgettable.

Then again, I do love my waifus so that is probably why I see those characters as boring, dull and want them to be cut.

In terms of design I feel they're the weakest, and the most tired, and aren't really iconic characters of the series. Astaroth is ugly and always has been, Cervy is dusty and Lizardman has just been begging to be cut. Voldo is fine I guess but only because he's pretty iconic at this point. The rest are forgettable.

Then again, I do love my waifus so that is probably why I see those characters as boring, dull and want them to be cut.
But honestly by cutting out a character like Voldo you’d essentially be cutting out a fighting style that has been present since the very beginning, especially since Voldo taught himself how to fight like he does today and no one can really replicate it.

Yeah I know I couldn’t help but come to Voldo’s defence, but I have been a Voldo main since SC2 so forgive me on that lol (though you’d probably do the same for Amy if our positions were reversed).

Last edited:
But honestly by cutting out a character like Voldo you’d essentially be cutting out a fighting style that has been present since the very beginning, especially since Voldo taught himself how to fight like he does today and no one can really replicate it.

Yeah I know I couldn’t help but come to Voldo’s defence, but I have been a Voldo main since SC2 so forgive me on that lol (though you’d probably do the same for Amy if our positions were reversed).
Eh, it's just a matter of taste lol and I think SC5 showed that unfortunately anyone is replaceable haha however I don't think they'll be replacing or removing any veterans any time soon. I am excited to see their new designs though. If they spice them up I could give them a chance, although Voldo's designs have always proved to be interesting haha

Voldo's designs have always proved to be interesting haha

29913809-9139-4111-BBD4-F78FF860020B.jpeg

Indeed they have.

Eh, it's just a matter of taste lol and I think SC5 showed that unfortunately anyone is replaceable haha however I don't think they'll be replacing or removing any veterans any time soon. I am excited to see their new designs though. If they spice them up I could give them a chance, although Voldo's designs have always proved to be interesting haha
Yeah SC5 definitely proved that everyone is expendable, I agree. SC6 looks to be headed in a better direction though.

Over on the news thread someone posted a link where Bamco said they don't really have a huge focus on e-sports and just want to make the game fun for everyone. I guess I get that but I'm not the only one that gets apprehensive at reading that right? I always wished SC was as big as Tekken tournament wise and I have high hopes for SC6 to do just that. I just wish they had it as one of their goals for the game.

Can we suggest that maybe... Bandai Namco are waiting for DBZ to release to start on bringing dem bunch of SC6 news?

Last edited:
Can we suggest that maybe... Bandai Namco are waiting for DBZ to release to start on bringing dem bunch of SC6 news?
Might as well wait for Tekken 8's announcement and release date before dropping SCVI, cuz why not. -_-

On a serious note, i highly doubt it. We're getting something in a week or a little more than that. Taking this long means that not only are they implementing a new character (or two) in the new built, but also drastically changing it from the previous one to look even more pleasing and polished. They did that with SCV. Heck, in earlier development stages Patroklos was spelled "Patroclus":
Even the meter gauge looks different in the final product.

Back