SC Controversial Topics and General Shitposting Thread

My sources at Namco-Bandai indicate that it will actually affect how Maxi plays. When Maxi is armor-broken, it will be revealed that Maxi is at full-mast, but ONLY when playing against Mitsurugi, Kilik, Groh or Siegfried. This won't be merely visual, as it will also give Maxi access to an additional "thrust" move that can be used to extend his combos. Apparently the fewer clothes his opponent is wearing, the more powerful his thrust becomes.
Underrated post

Guys, I need advice. My wife dislike me playing "sexy video games". After married to her, I only play some tame games like Dragon Ball Fighterz or Persona 5.

I have no intention to skip SoulCalibur VI. What should I do? I can't be the only one that in this situation right?SoulCalibur is my laifu and Sophitia is my waifu.
divorce.jpg

lol you guys, thanks anyway. So I take it western country wifes are more lenient for this kind of thing? I'm from Asia btw.

@DanteSC3 , you're right. But I never used Ann when my wife's around. For SoulCalibur I'm 100% gonna play Sophitia. Maybe I'll just play secretly.

I've genuinely never heard of someone's significant other wanting to ban one from playing a video game because it has some sexualised elements, so it could indeed be a culture thing. I don't want to say that for sure though because my knowledge of Asian cultures is extremely limited.
Don't forget that you'll be able to customise Sophitia too, so you can try to put some stuff on her that stops her boobs from showing off.

lol you guys, thanks anyway. So I take it western country wifes are more lenient for this kind of thing? I'm from Asia btw.

Just make some conservative outfit edits for them and use those exclusively? Not a thing I've encountered in England so it's interesting to me.

My previous response was just a joke, but, to be perfectly honest, your question paints a really depressing picture. In the US, SoulCalibur is rated "Teen," meaning that Ivy is considered appropriate for a 13-year-old kid. (Well, officially that's what it means, but lots of people might disagree with that.)

Why would your wife be so bothered by the mere presence of sexy ladies? Would you ever be bothered by her watching movies or TV shows featuring really sexy dudes? How could your relationship be equal if only one of you has to give up (or conceal) a hobby? Have you considered just being honest with your wife? Even if she doesn't fully understand (or like) SoulCalibur, she might appreciate knowing more about you.

My wife definitely thinks the female outfits in SoulCalibur are ridiculous (with the exception of Hilde), but she enjoys dressing them up in alternate outfits. And I'd seriously be pretty unhappy if I had to hide my love of big-breasted ninjas from her.

Now, now. Let us not go there yet.
I've genuinely never heard of someone's significant other wanting to ban one from playing a video game because it has some sexualised elements, so it could indeed be a culture tthing.
Trust me you'd be surprised. While not married (because they were dating) this girl that is a fan of Fire Emblem: Fates married Ryoma and Arthur in two separate game files. She decided to show her boyfriend, because she thought why not. He got salty and he said to her she has bad taste. She responded by saying what does that say about him? They didn't stay together after that.
Just make some conservative outfit edits for them and use those exclusively? Not a thing I've encountered in England so it's interesting to me.

@DanteSC3 , you're right. But I never used Ann when my wife's around. For SoulCalibur I'm 100% gonna play Sophitia. Maybe I'll just play secretly.
I've genuinely never heard of someone's significant other wanting to ban one from playing a video game because it has some sexualised elements, so it could indeed be a culture thing. I don't want to say that for sure though because my knowledge of Asian cultures is extremely limited.
Don't forget that you'll be able to customise Sophitia too, so you can try to put some stuff on her that stops her boobs from showing off.
In all honesty despite the rating of a video game, film, book or whatever from which country it originates from will almost always get crap past the radar. Japan with its mangas and USA with its films to name a few.
wondersophitia is your wife that strict? If not just tell her that you will dress Sophitia conservatively. If she doesn't want to see you take off her clothes then have her just dress her for you. Hope you guys come to an understanding. It would suck if you don't play SCVI or you have to play it secretivly.

Just cause people worried that say, asta might not make it, or another character. I just need to say that if we have about, say 28 characters, we should get damn near everyone people want in the cast @Vergeben did say that it would be Less than 30, but more than soul calibur V (IIRC, don't quote me on that), so assuming this, think about the characters you want, how many slots there are, and who we have now.

1. Sophie
2. Mitsu
3. Nighty
4. X
5. Sieg
6. Kilik
7. Groh
8. Maxi
9. NAMUUUU
10. Ivy
11. geralt
12. Zas
13. Taki

We have these characters so far, but there is still about 15 slots left, assuming we get 28. So then we have the characters that are basically guaranteed..
14. Talim (Popular)
15. Tira (leaked by verge)
16. An Astaroth of some sort. ( we have maxi why not asta)
17. Voldo (been in EVERY GAME)
18. Possibly Edge daddy (possible info from verge)
19. Cerb ( has a lot of relevance)

Then we have the other characters that are popular, but not as story relevant.
20. Setsuka
21. Cass
22. Mina
23. Yun
24. Raph
25. Hilde
26. Amy

Then there are the characters that are less liekly but there is still space for them. (hell at this point i am running out of characters, so these could be anyone)
27. Lizardman/aeon
28. IDK, Ashlotte, Zwei, Hwang, Okubo, Algol, Damp. I don't even know at this point.

The last two could be filled by literally anyone who has been in the soul series at any point, hell, if they have literally any ties to anyone they probably have a chance to get in, That could be Hwang, Calynpolk, Ashlotte, Hell it could be random background characters like salia for all we know. If i've forgotten characters, remind me. But seriously, even if we get 24, that's still only losing out on Lizzy, whoever 28 is, and two characters in the 20-26 slots. EVEN at 20 we still get a lot of fan favourites, as well as space for a curveball like setsuka, or Darkskinmusclegirl. I just don't think we need to be this worried about everything. You'll (probably, unless you are like me and are an Ashlotte/kami fan) will get the character you want in.

I Just think we need to have a bit more faith in Okubo, PS and BAMCO. There Hasn't been an earthquake, or tsunami, kaiju attack nothing. Plus The reception to SCV was, for the most part not very positive. I think they've learned their lesson and I literally just had to get this of my chest.
Having 28 characters for SoulCalibur VI at launch makes a lot of sense to me since SoulCalibur IV had 29 characters excluding bonus characters and SoulCalibur V had 28 characters. It would be pretty disappointing to go much lower than that.
This is too true though.

:sc4set2:K, now my rant is over. :sc4set2:

Guys, I need advice on whether to buy for my laptop or for a PS4 I don't yet have.

SOULCALIBUR VI Minimum System Requirements

• CPU: Intel Core Intel Core i3-4160 @ 3.60GHz or equivalent
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 (Legacy GPUs: GeForce GTX 660, 750 Ti, or equivalent)
  • RAM: 6GB
  • OS: Windows 7, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 (64-bit versions)
  • HDD: 60GB free space
  • DirectX: Version 11
My laptop's five years old and has 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770M, and all the other requirements, as well as a SSD. The only problem is it has an Intel Core i7-4700MQ @ 2.40GHz. It plays Warhammer Total War 2 (required 3.0 and recommended 3.20GHz) fine on high graphics settings. But minimum 3.60GHz seems like it might be too far above the requirements.

What do people think? Should I risk it and get it for the laptop or try to save up for a PS4, which I might not be able to manage?

Back