SC Controversial Topics and General Shitposting Thread

I'm waiting for the blue-skinned barbarian slut Helga as DLC, while she doesn't come I choose Mrs. Puff & Sandy
latest

Who you mainin' ?? Kappa
EHq2N5ZWoAA5Hhl.jpg
I main Mrs. Puff, but apparently Mermaid Man's a top tier character because of his Wumbo stance being way too good. Nickelodeon will probably nerf him in the next patch.

And did you see that the first wave of DLC characters was discovered via datamining already? The lineup's pretty weak, although Jimmy Neutron is an interesting choice for a guest character. It's upsetting that Larry the Lobster didn't make the cut, he was one of the most requested characters. Hopefully Wave 2 is better.

Last edited:
I main Mrs. Puff, but apparently Mermaid Man's a top tier character because of his Wumbo stance being way too good. Nickelodeon will probably nerf him in the next patch.

And did you see that the first wave of DLC characters was discovered via datamining already? The lineup's pretty weak, although Jimmy Neutron is an interesting choice for a guest character. It's upsetting that Larry the Lobster didn't make the cut, he was one of the most requested characters. Hopefully Wave 2 is better.
Yeah, I can't wait to see Larry.

It's a shame that neptune is a bottom tier character, he had so much potential to see tournament usage, but mermaid man and dirty bubble are just better at what he does. That wumbo stance is broken though.

If Season 2 is like Hayate thinks :sc3hwang1::sc2mit1::sc3set1::sc4hil1: is better bamco forget this :sc2yun2::sc4roc1::sc1liz1::sc2maxi2: and make Lost Swords 2..

I still think Hwang or Yun-Seong it's a real 50/50 situation,

Every hints seem to push Hwang forward, but Yun-Seong was the most popular male character in the 2015 poll. Only the recent polls are showing a reverted situation. It will all depend "when" they have decided their DLC slot.

Since I can't really decide between them, I would prefer Hwang because he waiting longer his turn, and the fact that the slot is yellow, but the color might mean nothing at all.

As for Setsuka & Hilde, they won't take big risk selling this Season Pass so they need popular char, it's almost impossible they will shot themself by keeping Setsuka for a Season 3 that they don't know if it will happen.

If their wasn't that huge recent request for Hwang from older Fans, I would definitly consider that Rock, Lizardman and Hwang would be fit for a Season 3 less popular char.

And if I were Namco, I would put Setsuka first to push every chance I have hyping for this Season 2 and DLCs.

Who knows what will happen next week ????

I agree with Hwang and Setsuka coming this season 2, my problem is Hilde, if she is in season two, I don't think they will do a third season, even if they did, there are only unprofitable characters left. That's why I said better make some money from Lost Swords 2.
I would be more relieved if Rock/Lizardman/Li Long is the 4th DLC.
If their wasn't that huge recent request for Hwang from older Fans, I would definitly consider that Rock, Lizardman and Hwang would be fit for a Season 3 less popular char.
I don't consider he was unpopular character, for someone who's appear in few games he continues pretty popular. I hate this.. :sc2yun2: :sc2yun2: :sc2yun2: :sc2yun2: Kappa

Last edited:
I still think Hwang or Yun-Seong it's a real 50/50 situation,

Every hints seem to push Hwang forward, but Yun-Seong was the most popular male character in the 2015 poll. Only the recent polls are showing a reverted situation. It will all depend "when" they have decided their DLC slot.

Since I can't really decide between them, I would prefer Hwang because he waiting longer his turn, and the fact that the slot is yellow, but the color might mean nothing at all.

As for Setsuka & Hilde, they won't take big risk selling this Season Pass so they need popular char, it's almost impossible they will shot themself by keeping Setsuka for a Season 3 that they don't know if it will happen.

And if I were Namco, I would put Setsuka first to push every chance I have hyping for this Season 2 and DLCs.

Who knows what will happen next week ????
I have to disagree as to who is coming between the dao wielders: six or possibly even three months ago, I would have agreed that Yun-seong had at least a 20% chance of being adopted first (even though he is arguably a poorer fit for the narrative and design of the game). But at this point, I think the writing is pretty obviously on the wall. After 1) those "leaks" of the earlier codenames (which I have always observed looked to be more like clumsy viral marketing that doesn't get as recognized for being as obvious as it truly is), combined with 2) the current colour scheme that overlaps with some of those names as a thematic matter, I think there is essentially zero chance that said colours are not meant to reflect the identity of those yet-to-be-formally-revealed characters. If yellow and pink are not Hwang and Setsuka respectively, I'd be gobsmacked.

As for that poll which gets so routinely and so immensely overemphasized here, it reflects a participation level representing about one-hundredth of one percent of the past player-base (and thus potential return consumers) of this franchise. To say that it is statistically insignifcant as an empirical matter does not even begin to properly describe how weak of a form of evidence it is for the actual relative popularity of characters--and as a company with as modern and developed a market research team as they have, Namco would never rely on it alone to set their development agenda by. Without question, the purpose of that poll was more promotional than research-oriented. What's more, the order of release of characters to date deviates markedly from the strict order of their popularity in that poll.

Which makes perfect sense: as an experienced developer and publisher, Namco knows (as does any producer of a product that combines art and consumerism--games, movies, and such) just how dumb it is to try to construct a work based on slapping together things selected by what isolated non-contextualized figures say are the most popular elements: that is a quick way to end up with a product that has no voice or unique appeal on its own (as a best-case scenario), or (more likely) just a hot mess of a game if those "most popular" elements are just slapped together, rather than design choices being made based on what best serves the product as an integrated work with many moving parts that have to function and play off eachother well. No, I think that poll means nearly nothing about what we can expect about who comes next, especially now that the low-hanging fruit of the uber-popular characters has mostly been exhausted (I'd say Setsuka is the only borderline/'quite' popular character left).

The only thing I think that we can say the poll accurately reflects is that the SCV newbies will almost certainly not appear--partly that is a reflection of their relative popularity and partly it's an artifact of this game being set so much earlier in the timeline: even if we assume (as seems to quite clearly be the case as of Cassie's SC) that the events of the new games may markedly depart from the original telling, half of those characters are as-yet born offspring of the present cast. Viola is really the only question mark here (because of how heavily she is set up by Amy's SC) and I'm pretty sure even that is just laying the groundwork for the next full game: even if we get a Season Three--and I'm almost certain that Namco is planning for that, unless sales truly plunge to nothing, for market reasons I have expounded upon in multiple other threads and thus will not bore with here--I don't expect to see Viola. And the rest of the SCV young guns are even more unlikely; the most I think we get here is some of SCV Aeon's moves rolled into Soul Charge for SCVI's Lizardman/Aeon.

Anyway, each new revelation only makes me more confident of the order I settled upon some time back: I'd bet dollars to doughnuts at this point that Season Two will consist of Hwang (virtually certain), Haohmaru (revealed), Setsuka (pretty much a lock), and a fourth spot that probably goes to Rock (or maybe Lizardman). Season Three would most likely be Lizardman in the first spot, followed by some combination of Li Long, Yun-seong, a fourth guest, and Hilde. The final remaining possibility, Algol, I think is another character more likely to be included in a future entry rather than a SCVI season pass.

Last edited:
So, as I watching the tournament, I remembered that Azwel uses three different weapons while fighting.

Here is my mini wild theory/question:

+ Is it possible that one of the weapons Azwel uses could be a new weapon for a new character? I know it sounds unreasonable, but I couldn’t help look at his weapons and wonder.

The axe could be a coming double axe for Rock. The spear and shield would be cool for Aeon. Also, the dagger like weapons could fit Hwang’s newer move set (which I feel will be ninja-like/ stealthy in some form- if he does return).

Again, I posted in this forum for a reason lol. My idea is out there, but I had to tell you all about it haha.

Back