SC Controversial Topics and General Shitposting Thread

I DON'T KNOW WHO NYTE IS AND I'M SURE HE'S AS STUPID AS EVERYONE THAT DISLIKES HIM, BUT WHAT KIND OF WEAK AND SHELTERED PERSON ACTUALLY GETS OFFENDED AT A STRANGER TELLING THEM, "I FEEL SORRY FOR YOUR PARENTS"?

DO YOU EVEN OCCUPY REALITY?

I could see that tech working well for a fighting game. Some developers have commented on that tech demo saying that making a full-length game with that geometrical fidelity would require an unrealistic amount of work, but fighting games don't have many environments and they're all relatively small in scale.

That said, I think it will take a while before this kind of tech is used in any released product. UE5 won't be released until 2021, and while that tech demo is an impressive showcase, it's only a tech demo, so we don't know how demanding this kind of tech would be in a full game with more systems running under the hood.

Maybe it's the endless waiting that brings out stuff like this, but I cannot see how this is any helpful.

It’s the endless waiting... I really think we will be waiting until July for Setsuka...

The only thing I have to look forward to until then is LisaK’s hilarious meme images...

I could see that tech working well for a fighting game. Some developers have commented on that tech demo saying that making a full-length game with that geometrical fidelity would require an unrealistic amount of work, but fighting games don't have many environments and they're all relatively small in scale.

That said, I think it will take a while before this kind of tech is used in any released product. UE5 won't be released until 2021, and while that tech demo is an impressive showcase, it's only a tech demo, so we don't know how demanding this kind of tech would be in a full game with more systems running under the hood.
For that matter, Project Soul is not really pushing the limits of their current engines or the heardware they are producing for. The ability to pull in assets as described in the demo could be a major game changer for budget productions, so i could see it having an impact on the next Soulcalibur in that respect, but right now they don't even have a particularly high quality of basic design for most stages in SCVI, and increases in potential visual fidelity will count for very little if the designs aren't approached to leverage those new advantages. On the other hand, one thing that I think might produce obvious improvements right off the bat is the texture rendering, physics and contextual movement on the models and their garments. But as you say, it's 2021 for the engine--and I would add who knows when for SCVII; Project Soul have pretty much never released a game until at least a few years into a new generation of hardware.

this is why I start hate Setsuka stans, anyways another person in my blocklist..
タキは今まで2Pなどで使.png

Last edited:
For that matter, Project Soul is not really pushing the limits of their current engines or the heardware they are producing for. The ability to pull in assets as described in the demo could be a major game changer for budget productions, so i could see it having an impact on the next Soulcalibur in that respect, but right now they don't even have a particularly high quality of basic design for most stages in SCVI, and increases in potential visual fidelity will count for very little if the designs aren't approached to leverage those new advantages. On the other hand, one thing that I think might produce obvious improvements right off the bat is the texture rendering, physics and contextual movement on the models and their garments. But as you say, it's 2021 for the engine--and I would add who knows when for SCVII; Project Soul have pretty much never released a game until at least a few years into a new generation of hardware.
Yeah, this would be rather moot if they can't get the budget for the next game to actually create high-quality assets.

By the way, one limitation behind this Nanite tech is that it looks like it can only be used on static meshes (ie, meshes which don't deform via an animation rig), so traditional methods would have to be used for characters. But still, I imagine next-gen will have plenty power for displaying absurdly high quality characters when using traditional render methods.

I think it would be cool to see a new SC game with an actual budget where they actually redid all the graphical assets from scratch. I'm curious what the result would like if they chased the semi-realistic art style of their CG renders from previous games.

I have to agree he hasn't learned a damn thing about civility, it actually looks worse in that it appears he's lost the plot. The guy doesn't have the ability to agree to disagree and I bet if I said that to him, he would probably response to me like a rabid dog who's balls I just stepped on.
Yeah, wow...after reading that, I question the utility of everything I've said over the last six months about cutting him some slack now that he is not here to defend himself. Or...at the very least, I'm just grateful that he is in fact the problem of other forums for the time being. I had an impulse when I first read your post further above to say "Is it really reasonable to call him out from another forum?", but after actually following the links, I feel like I get it a little better: it really is hard not see the shades of the same basic arguments. Edit: though I will say, it is still probably pragmatically the better option to observe silently.
Well you know what they say...
2910EE18-B9B4-4CF1-921E-5D7E00F801AA.gif
Perhaps people would be more than willing to engage in discussions about things within Soulcalibur such as character designs, the future of the franchise, missing characters moveset and story speculation if he wasn’t always jumping in and ruining everything with his arguments, attacks, being uncivilized in general or just blowing everything out of proportion because he refuses to actually read the material others give him and attempts to blame everything else for said flame war except himself even though he was what orchestrated the event (all of which generally backfires on him completely). He gives Patroklos Alexandra a run for his fucking money.

Yeah, this would be rather moot if they can't get the budget for the next game to actually create high-quality assets.

By the way, one limitation behind this Nanite tech is that it looks like it can only be used on static meshes (ie, meshes which don't deform via an animation rig), so traditional methods would have to be used for characters. But still, I imagine next-gen will have plenty power for displaying absurdly high quality characters when using traditional render methods.

I think it would be cool to see a new SC game with an actual budget where they actually redid all the graphical assets from scratch. I'm curious what the result would like if they chased the semi-realistic art style of their CG renders from previous games.

Do you think them having to make new mdoels would cause the roster to shrink due to resources/time needed to make them?

Do you think them having to make new mdoels would cause the roster to shrink due to resources/time needed to make them?
Yeah, most likely. Unless they get a crazy high budget.

If you look back at fighting games overall, it's pretty common for a kind of roster reset whenever they had to remake all assets. Street Fighter is a good example. Each time they've redone all sprites or animations they always started with a much smaller roster until re-releases or DLC.

I kinda feel SC4 is an exception to that rule as that had a large roster on a new generation of consoles with very new rendering tech, and they had to make all new models, textures, and whatnot. They could keep all of the animation data, though, so that probably helped a lot.

Yeah, most likely. Unless they get a crazy high budget.

If you look back at fighting games overall, it's pretty common for a kind of roster reset whenever they had to remake all assets. Street Fighter is a good example. Each time they've redone all sprites or animations they always started with a much smaller roster until re-releases or DLC.

I kinda feel SC4 is an exception to that rule as that had a large roster on a new generation of consoles with very new rendering tech, and they had to make all new models, textures, and whatnot. They could keep all of the animation data, though, so that probably helped a lot.

All I ask for is a 25 character minimum before DLC.... That's the sweet spot for a 3D fighting game roster for me. I am genuinely excited for the future though, I hope this tech will be utilized by the Bamco fighters next gen!

Do you guys see any future for the trio of clone kids from SCV? I was thinking they could be low effort bonus characters or clones/palate swaps that copy Kilik/Xianghua and Taki without replacing them to placate their small amount of fans.

It’s one thing to make Amy, Nightmare, Mina unique...

But I can’t help but feel like it’s too much to add another xianghua like character, another rod user and another dual knife ninja...

I can’t see them coexisting unless it’s for superficial reasons or fanservice...

Pat and Pyrrha are also unpopular but that would be board and sword overload too...

I can see them bringing all of the kids back and differentiating them, yes. Xiba is quite different from Kilik and Mi-na with his Monkey King stuff and general silliness. Leixia is a harder sell, but they could do it if they wanted. Natsu has plenty of mileage to explore with Arahabaki. Patroklos is already pretty unique. Pyrrha would need work but it could be done.

I can see them bringing all of the kids back and differentiating them, yes. Xiba is quite different from Kilik and Mi-na with his Monkey King stuff and general silliness. Leixia is a harder sell, but they could do it if they wanted. Natsu has plenty of mileage to explore with Arahabaki. Patroklos is already pretty unique. Pyrrha would need work but it could be done.

would you give them new weapons?

Back