SC Controversial Topics and General Shitposting Thread

I’m not the biggest fan of Amy’s roses, but I still play Amy despite that, because she’s still pretty Amy at her core. Though that being said, admittedly, I play Cassandra a lot less due to Divine Force, which I find very out of character for her, to the point it really does ruin the experience for me.

Setsuka still feels like Setsuka, it’s just that she has a much lower barrier for entry now. I honestly felt like Alpha Patroklos was already a lot simpler than Setsuka, but he lost some of her flair. She reclaimed that, to be sure, but remains easier to play. I feel like, though, if you really do take her seriously, you’d still be landing her just frames more often than not, out of respect for the character and yourself.

No offense but...really?!?!?!?!?!?

You should treasure your main if you waited that long for them....

Setsuka still feels like Setsuka, it’s just that she has a much lower barrier for entry now. I honestly felt like Alpha Patroklos was already a lot simpler than Setsuka, but he lost some of her flair. She reclaimed that, to be sure, but remains easier to play. I feel like, though, if you really do take her seriously, you’d still be landing her just frames more often than not, out of respect for the character and yourself.

Thanks for the support. I'm not going to drop Setsuka because of EZ Mode Cheese.

seems more like you wanted attention than actually going to drop her.
Once Dante took the bait thats all you really were looking for

Not sure what "bait" I took, I was just pointing out that the "EZ OP Normals" aren't as a big a deal as Frayhua makes them out to be.

Though SoulCalibur VI does need more Xianghua mains. Even I'll be neglecting her once Hwang comes out, most likely. Unless he's awful.

No offense but...really?!?!?!?!?!?

You should treasure your main if you waited that long for them....
He also got banned from the Setsuka Discord.
7DAAA255-5842-46D5-ADF0-1917ADE2A957.jpeg
B50D57BD-ECD8-4607-865D-97D54E63227F.png

Not sure what "bait" I took, I was just pointing out that the "EZ OP Normals" aren't as a big a deal as Frayhua makes them out to be.

Though SoulCalibur VI does need more Xianghua mains. Even I'll be neglecting her once Hwang comes out, most likely. Unless he's awful.
It’s his troll bait. Often he repeats the same shit like “I’m gonna make Setsuka and X insanely OP” or “Talim mains suck/are casuals” like a complete broken record. Basically it’s better to ignore (or just laugh at him) when he does this. Just basically a Nyte level broken record on steroids.

It's not like I'm not aware of his broken recordness, it's not like I haven't mocked it myself, in fact I was tongue-in-cheek in my responses in the general thread anyway, and my "serious" post was here in the shitposting thread, how I actually feel about Setsuka. I wouldn't qualify any of that as taking the bait, just moving the conversations along. I agree that it's very likely that the recent spring of "dropping Setsuka" was likely attention seeking in general, but that doesn't mean it's averse to commentary. Plus I'm not the only one who he quoted, there were like four others in the general thread.

I'm mostly not sure why I was singled out. :sc3amy2:

seems more like you wanted attention than actually going to drop her.
Once Dante took the bait thats all you really were looking for

No, the EZ OP Normals have been a problem since Setsuka returned.

He also got banned from the Setsuka Discord.
View attachment 79272

I told the truth about the EZ OP Normals in the Setsuka Discord & they banned me for speaking out.

It's not like I'm not aware of his broken recordness, it's not like I haven't mocked it myself, in fact I was tongue-in-cheek in my responses in the general thread anyway, and my "serious" post was here in the shitposting thread, how I actually feel about Setsuka. I wouldn't qualify any of that as taking the bait, just moving the conversations along. I agree that it's very likely that the recent spring of "dropping Setsuka" was likely attention seeking in general, but that doesn't mean it's averse to commentary. Plus I'm not the only one who he quoted, there were like four others in the general thread.

I'm mostly not sure why I was singled out. :sc3amy2:

I actually wanted to drop Setsuka because Project Soul won't remove the EZ OP Normals. I was very disappointed with today's patch. I was hoping the EZ OP Normals would be gone, but their staying for no reason.

Last edited:
Like it or not, they designed almost every aspect of SoulCalibur VI to be more accessible. There are still skill ceilings, but nothing that makes a character unplayable if you're not able to do everything at a high level. There's still plenty of reasons to use Setsuka at a high level if she's your main, but nothing wrong with others being able to join in on the fun if she's not their main. They'll remove Reversal Edge before they remove the "EZ OP Normals". Haohmaru's ridiculously long combo is also mashable with one button, and that's not getting removed either.

Back