SC2 to SC4 comparison

Yeah, we were playing SC2 last night to compare. I pretty much like SC4 maxi alot, but I really miss his 6A+B and some of the speed that got shaved off.

i play SC2 almost daily because i have old systems at my work, and i always have alot of fun playing it. the 66Ag, ipsl5, and old 6A+B are so fun to apply. i really like SC4 maxi, if he just had 3B+K from standing and 236B knock down, and 2A+B from SC3, and 6A+B from 2, he would be almost perfect. oh and i need old B back, i dont need BB nc, i need B into RO.

I'm kinda pissed that Maxi's 66B4 (6B4 in SC2) knocks over the opponent in two hits rather than the whole five. It didn't really inflict enough damage to cut short like that. (to me anyway).

Even though SC2 maxi's 66B was pretty useless (minus the GI, of course), it gave me some space to think of my next move.

No knockdown in 236B....why?

I also miss his 88 and 22 K variations from SC2.

Lastly, I miss his KK combo from RO, they could've at least made it a just.

Making some of his older moves & combos just's would help his style.

sometimes i dont know if its off axis or only the last hits hit on 236B but now and then it knocks down. i dont know why. kB had no reason to be taken out.

I'm actually curious.

Has anyone tried out Maxi on SC:Broken Destiny? Or heard any changes they did to him?

I REALLY hope Bamco cares and releases a patch for SC4 at least reflecting the changes they did in broken destiny. Bamco was at EVO so they must have seen alot of the bullshit (Hilde) that's in their game. It would be one hell of a miracle if they decided to release a patch.

Oh boy, i haven´t been here for a long time.

I just want to say that nearly 2 years after the SCIV release, you can say that Maxi players couldn´t win anything big or even small. Even i gave up on him shortly after SCIV came out. SCIV Maxi is imo just not worth the effort, he is just... So bad!

Imo it goes like this:

SCII Maxi>SCIII Maxi>SC(DC)Maxi>>>SCIV Maxi, lol! THX Bamco.

SCII Maxi was just plain awesome, i said it all the years.

I have to give my love to SC2 Maxi as well.

He was the one I knew the best inside and out compared to his other versions.

As far as effectiveness between the versions I would rate it like this:

SC1 Maxi > SC3 Maxi > SC2 Maxi > SC4 Maxi

I loved SC2 Maxi's loops, but it would get you killed. You had to keep looping brief. As JD_OK demonstrated at SC2 nationals so many years ago, poking was the only way for SC2 Maxi to compete. But hey, he got 3rd place. :)

US Maxi didn't have quite as many special tools as Euro Maxi did.

Afaik there was only one important change. The 3B+KB change.

All other moves that were great like 66A, 4bbK/cancels, 3B, 236Bg and 6A+B(high) were there too.

So even without that move, Maxi could come up with a heavy mid/throw mix up game in SCII. Which i did a lot.

Didn't really liked the europe version of SC2 to be honest, it sort of "unbalanced" some of the moves.
Taki's 66k became safe, Ivy's 4A+BB became unblocable without charging, Doom Kick from Kilik and Mina, and as mentioned Maxi's 3B+BB (the extra B was only supposed to make 3B+K go into RO stance, but instead added an extra hit which causes knockdown and to be honest, really high damage, too much damage for an extremely fast low)

and while almost everyone had something broken, Asta got his ATCs removed amazingly haha

Didn't really liked the europe version of SC2 to be honest, it sort of "unbalanced" some of the moves.
Taki's 66k became safe, Ivy's 4A+BB became unblocable without charging, Doom Kick from Kilik and Mina, and as mentioned Maxi's 3B+BB (the extra B was only supposed to make 3B+K go into RO stance, but instead added an extra hit which causes knockdown and to be honest, really high damage, too much damage for an extremely fast low)

and while almost everyone had something broken, Asta got his ATCs removed amazingly haha

I hate to say it, but some things you mentioned are not correct.

In the EU-version of SCII, Taki´s 66K was still unsafe, Ivy´s 4A+B B was not an unblockable uncharged but a guard crush move that couldn´t be blocked due to multiple hits(4 to be exactly) but it was still GI-able.

And while Maxi´s 3B+K B became almost awesome, it was still easy steppable and still pretty unsafe... -i17!?

But yeah, certain moves were almost broken in SCII/SCII EU-version, but hey, i prefer a game with chars having broken moves than only crappy moves.

But that´s just me.

But about Astas ATC´s...!? I don´t remember that.

ah, guess i never tried faster punishers, but Maxi's 6A+B definately didn't work on a guarded 66K from Taki.

as with Ivy's 4a+b B, didn't know you can still GI it

Maxi's 3B+BB (the extra B was only supposed to make 3B+K go into RO stance, but instead added an extra hit which causes knockdown and to be honest, really high damage, too much damage for an extremely fast low)

And I still wish (As back then) that he had it in the NA version.

LOL!

Back