SC5 'Ivy' Story/Possibilities/Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah it would i liked SC2 ivy most because she was a bit more accesible with whip than SC1 because she had a manual stance switch too howeve it was very slow and yes i did play on 1 however it wasnt for very long so i might be wrong,but i liked her 2p outfit in that and she was evil in that one it was cool,the thing i didnt like though is that if you got hit you would go back to sword sometimes it seemed way too hard to get in whip and stay in it,with moves that would just force you back to SW after use,it was easier in 3 but there were still problems,i hope with 5 it is more updated so you can stay in WP for longer and getting knocked down or whatever wont change your stance,oh i forgot about SC2 236 would change the shape of her SW to go to WP this was a good way of changing

Well, I think Kayane said there isn't a whip stance.. You can use her whip by holding the input. I'd assume it's like B.{B} would be like Coil's B.B. {B}.B would be.. whip-normal? If all non-kick inputs have a hold-whip input, too, then she would be amazing. But I'm really not sure exactly how they'd do it..

hmm well they said they were concentrating on 2 stances so this means WP hasnt really been done to a suitable level yet OR we can see a nice good SE or a new stance!?
the way its sounding though if there is a WP stance and u have to hold B.B,A.A etc to go to it like SC1 and there might not be any manual switch at all i am really going to hate and i think it will be a setback for her,especially if then when you get in whip you get hit funny go back to SW and most of the moves you use will just send her back to SW too that sounds really rubbish,i cant tell how its going to go but if its like that then i wont like it

Well, I think if you're always in sword state, it'll be nice.. You just hold the inputs for the whip move and after it's done, it puts you back into sword. So, like, B.{B} would be sword-whip-sword. or 33{B} would be whip-sword. You'd have all the moves available without having to manually switch stances.. I think if that's how it works, Ivy will be at her best in SC5.. It will be very interesting to see what is done with her style.

yeah that will be good,but if not and the b.b extends and puts her in WP it wont be too good unless there are a lot of moves that do and its not so easy to end up back in SW

edit:
but if theres really only SW we want a really good SE she cant just have 1 stance really right?if theres just SW its gonna need quite a variety of moves and a mixup or 2,even if there is WP we still want a big improvement of SE anyway right?with a mixup in there

Well, I like the idea of her not having a whip.. I can picture her working just fine if she only has sword state and you hold the input for a whip attack. I'd like to see SE return, too.. I can't see her without it.

Well, I like the idea of her not having a whip.. I can picture her working just fine if she only has sword state and you hold the input for a whip attack. I'd like to see SE return, too.. I can't see her without it.

it would be fine just with SW and a good SE aslong as she has short and long range capabilities as she always has so like her 6B+K entending further like the coiled version if its held in,WP 1B if you held in SW 1B etc
but how can they do moves like WP 1_2_3 B+K in SW i hope that doesnt end ip SE only move like in SC2
because after the 1B hold we need to be able to do WP 1_2_3 B+K for a combo,which you coudnt really do in SC3 because WP 1_2_3 B+K woudnt launch you like that
theyd have to make some WP moves be in there that are odd ones out

Right now she looks just like SC1 Ivy. I really hope this is because the she is still in development.... otherwise it's gonna be a huge step backwards imo.

Right now she looks just like SC1 Ivy. I really hope this is because the she is still in development.... otherwise it's gonna be a huge step backwards imo.

thats what i was worrying about,theres no whip just yet as kayane said so maybe they havent finished it just yet,one stance would be ok as long as there a lot of extended whip versions of the moves and we have a good SE too,i doubt SE will be good enough again,it really needs a good boost especially if after all she may only have SW,i did contact him nicely and stated that if she is going to be like SC1 ivy without been updated with the stance changes etc it would be a big step backwards,i did explain why and did it nicely,and asked all the different ways it could be like,like what it would be like with or without the whip stance since its all speculation and we dont really know what they will do with these held buttons,i know he cant really reveal anything but i explained which way be good or bad and which would be preffered

I really Hope that they giver back her Full whip stance, instead of just having Wp attacks that revert back to sword all the time. They said its to make things easier but at the same time wouldn't making her transitions more fluid achieve that while keeping the fun/tatical advange of having whip or sword available as their own viable stances that work the best when use together?

I really Hope that they giver back her Full whip stance, instead of just having Wp attacks that revert back to sword all the time. They said its to make things easier but at the same time wouldn't making her transitions more fluid achieve that while keeping the fun/tatical advange of having whip or sword available as their own viable stances that work the best when use together?

i would prefer her having a proper whip stance too but it seems most people would like more if all the moves are just in SW with extended whip versions if the button is held,i can see why since that means she has all the moves in one, but thats not for me,i would be allright with it aslong as there are a lot of moves what do it
if there really is a whip stance though it needs to be so once your in it its not so easy to go back to SW in the old ones it was hard to get in WP in the first place and then too many moves that would force you back and sometimes when you got hit you would change back too!so if there is a whip it needs to be updated so you can stay in it if you want

But you already have whip! you have whip and sword in the same sword state, or that was what I think, is like every Ivy hit was x2, I mean, you have A, that means sw A, or A2 that means wp A, you can´t see the whip but you are in whip all the time.

That´s what I understood of Kayane´s report. Don´t know if is right...

yes excatly so if its like that, its not really a proper whip stance you just do it in the move rather than change to it after the held button move, which could be a possibility, kayane said there is no whip stance yet she just seemed to change and then go right back to SW so there really may be a whip stance and they havent done it yet,we will just have to wait and see, it will be good whichever way, but id just prefer atleast 2 stances plus SE
they said they were concentrating on 2 stances anyway so i imagine there really will be WP
or SE or a new stance may be the new focus,i wish wed get some details on her.

The only way I'll be okay with her style if they give us a full whip state is if the stance changes are like in IV. Having no set whip stance would be best because you'd have all moves instantly available without having to juggle stances. I'd like her either way, but from what I've seen, she's not nearly as good as she was in IV. It could be because the people playing don't really practice much, but..

i forgot about the stance changes i think,if she did have whip and no manual stance change then i would prefer if it was just one stance
i had a feeling she wasnt going to be so great anymore like she should be but people just said i was moaning, i guess i was but i had a reason to
i may main tira in 5 anyway if she has nice improvements and depending what ivy ends up like,i think ivy will be never further than my 2nd though no matter what happens

Yeah, I have a feeling that Ivy will not be anywhere near as good as she was in IV. I really hope they improve Tira, because I'd honestly much rather main her than Ivy.. I've loved Ivy since SC2, but Tira was always my favorite character. I hope she's a lot better.. She plays okay in IV, but in Jolly, she's awkward with combos and in gloomy, it's hard to stay alive at low HP because the moves I'd normally turn to drain HP.

Ivy would be great if she had two stances with SC4-like control, or one stance with HOLD inputs for whip moves.

I didn't play SC1 so forgive me, but in what ways specifically?
In depth, power, or fun?

In depth, power, or fun?

i think it might be because SC1 ivy only had 1 stance she didnt even have SE you just held in buttons to do extended whip versions of some moves and it wasnt very good,much like we have seen so far in her SCV gameplay
but i imagine if they are going with that style of play it will be improved upon quite a lot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtP6Sn9M30k&feature=related
a short SC1 ivy combo video,its all in sword mode,to me the combos look cool in a funny sort of way
but it didnt do too well in fights in SC1 and if its all in one,i imagine the combos will not be very diverse either because the combos on that video could easily be escapable now so we could end up been very limited
i really am mixed with her just having SW,i dont know what to think,it could be great or terrible

In depth, power, or fun?
I played SC1 with Malek recently and he showed me a lot about her. So to answer your question, I think... everything , except the power maybe, she seemed to be one of the worst characters in the game damage wise, only her step was (traditionally) the best.

SC1 Ivy felt like a regular one-stance character, easy to handle, not much to learn. She only had one viable stance, which is SW. She could enter WP when holding down a button but.... there was only one move she could do in Whip, and that's SC4's WP 4A+B,B, which is utterly useless and does nothing except pushback on block. She also only had SS back then (which seems to be the case in SC5 as well, only 1 normal command throw). So in a nutshell, compared to other SC games, she seemed extremely poor and easy. She even lacked guaranteed combos.

Right now SC5 Ivy looks like a mixture of SC1 Ivy and other Ivys. I'm sure she will have some more attack diversity than in SC1, better damage and combos but still... it was very convenient for them to make her more accessible by going back to SC1 style. Some people will like it, others will hate it. I think it's pretty clear in which group I belong :P

ewww

i'll try sc5 ivy but man...im gonna miss the complexity and diversity

I dont want her to be as powerful as sc4 ivy but I definitely dont want her to be low tier either. But thats secondary to her being fun. I dont see sc1 style ivy being fun at all. I hate playing "normal" characters. I like having 2-3 stances and being diverse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back