SC5 'Ivy' Story/Possibilities/Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ivy's style's been confirmed to be like SC1. Let's hope most non-kick attacks have a whip extension. I mean, in all fairness, they'd have to get rid of a LOT of moves if they only made a few moves whip-like.. so you'd think all moves would have a whip counterpart..

Daishi_CALIBUR Daishi Odashima
アイヴィのムチ攻撃は基本ボタンホールドで出ます。SC1仕様に近いです。 Ivy’s whip attack can be performed by holding the attack button down. Similar to SC1.

Ivy's style's been confirmed to be like SC1. Let's hope most non-kick attacks have a whip extension. I mean, in all fairness, they'd have to get rid of a LOT of moves if they only made a few moves whip-like.. so you'd think all moves would have a whip counterpart...

well lets hope so,you never know they may get rid of a lot of moves,i dont want to be too negative but i dont want to get my expectations too high so it wont be such a shock if she didnt turn out too good
i imagine they will add SE,but if they do it probably still wont be good enough,they cant just have her like a normal character like SC1 if shes like that i may totally go off her,seriously and that is pretty extreme,i dont like playing normal simple characters,i like the ones that are unique and diverse
i will go crazy if they ruin ivy for the sake of noobs/people who cant be bothered to spend time to learn her

If they do it at all as I imagine, she'll be much better than in IV. They should bring back her Spiral..whatever stance. :x

I think the bigger problem is if by "easier" they mean more spamable move.

To make Ivy more complex the designer should emphasis more on forethought. Where you have to plan and understand why your using a particular move and understand both reward and risk it has.

SC4 Ivy has many moves she can use without much risk/moves where you don't have to think as hard on why you use them. SW 3b, CL 1B B+K, WP 6B+K, 9/7B. These moves need more risk factor/tone down to balance her.

One thing that made Ivy a difficult character to use was controlling and maintaining the stances to fit the situation you were in. If in close range its ideal to be in SW, mid range its ideal to be in CL, far range its ideal to be in WP. In each stance you had to space differently depending on what you want to do after.

1)If you are in SW but wanted to go in to CL, you would do a move in SW that would create some distance that was ideal for CL.
2)If you in CL and wanted to be in SW, you use a move to close this distance
3)If you want to remain in a certain stance you would use moves that keep you in the ideal range

It is this concept that I think is very important for Ivy to have if we want her to be complex. The way of spacing and maintaining stance to make her more effective. This concept requires you to be think ahead or being more proactive when using Ivy. So I really hope that this is something that will be part of SC5 Ivy.

I don't like this SC1 Ivy idea, it seems its meant to make inputs easier but I am worried that they will give Ivy a few good tools (with little risk or thought involved) and it will be those tools being used only. Less variety less fun..

If they do it at all as I imagine, she'll be much better than in IV. They should bring back her Spiral..whatever stance. :x

actually ive just though now since she will have SW mainly the spiral serenade and tribute stances would turn out great,would be like a special SE but two stances together,i loved how each one joined up in SC2,like the mid hold spiral stance would link up to SE it was great,i really want them back now! :)
that would instantly change her i think,would probably make her great even better than SC2 because she will have her SW and WP moves all in one!

All moves instantly available + the return of the Spiral stances.. I'm not sure how people could /really/ complain about that.. I get that the previous stances served their purpose, but they also get in the way at times. It would be nice to be able to use whatever move you want without having to juggle stances.

Having access to all moves in one stance would require heavy balancing. Don't expect the moves to have the same properties as in SC4 because that would make Ivy practically unbeatable. Her moveset in SC4 was intentionally divided into three stances, each having some limitations (cough *which we were able to bypass more or less through glitches * cough), otherwise it would be too much.

I think they should really aim for a cross between either Sc2 or Sc3 incarnation(I cant remember which one flowed better from stance shifting. I cant check 3 because I left it at a friends house in P.A. T__T) and her Sc4 version with individual stances and Stance Selection. It would allow for a stance to be choosen (either WP or SW and SE would be a Special Stance like now) but have good transitional moves in place to keep everything flowing at almost seemless levels when played properly. This Imo would would give us the best Ivy.

An Example would be : B+K would be Sw and A+K would be Wp. These would be Stance Selectors, and while you would be able to hold them and transition to either Wp or Sw it would take longer then if you Use a transitional move likfe Wp B,B. This would go back to Sw, but much quicker than Wp B,B [B+K] and/or could possibly have different/better Properties to encourage the use of the transition or selection method. The Advantage to the Holding A+K or B+K however, would be that you could transition from WP or SW on Any move while Using a Hold move like B,B or the sort would only be avialable on certian moves. An if it was too strong, then certian moves would have forced stance change (as much as i hate them) to the opposite stance to balance it out.

WP? Forget it, having two stances is way too confusing for everyone. Imo they should also cut her moveset in half because it will be easier to remember.

I'm afraid we're gonna lose WP 3A :(

I really like that move.

Also, I hope they don't return to the status quo of her mids being garbage. I would really like to keep a mid that launches on normal hit.

I'm afraid we're gonna lose WP 3A :(

I really like that move.

They changed it in Broken Destiny, it's slower (i18), steppable to one side at close range, and combos only at mid-far range with i14 moves (K or CL A,A+K). doesn't RO on CH anymore. Not much to miss :P

I REALLY hope we will get WP 4A from Broken Destiny, the move is crazy, it knocks down on CH into CL236BB from half screen away. Very good against characters w/o good TC moves.

The most they'll probably do is give her Serpent's Embrace.. They might give her the Spiral stances 'cause there's been a few requests for it, but it'll mainly be sword.

They should keep the Spiral Stances and Focus on 3 Wp,Sw,Se(SE really needs some work) just give Wp the grab from SP/ST as 6,4 A+G so Ivy has away of getting a garunteed BT, then mixups.

i can see ivy been ruined because of noobs or people who wont spend time to learn her,i get cutting out coil,that wasnt very good anyway,but how is having two stances confusing?
its not hard you just have to spend some time with the character,you dont want to be able to just select ivy in practice and be able to pick her up right away,
if you can just do that it means she will obviously be no where near as good as she should be because if not everyone will be playing a powerfull,easy to use character.
all you have to do if she has WP and SW is to grasp how the states work,which moves force you back to a certain state etc. which can be confusing at first but you just have to spend time with her to get it,with two it woudnt be too bad and if the moves link into it anyway

its not like other characters dont have different stances,why should ivy suddenly go from a multi stance character for ages to a character with 1 stance and a smaller SE at best!?

to be honest i think its a bit like sacrilidge to ivy!
it was ok in SC1 because the characters werent so seperate back then but with the way its looking now it wont be like ivy and she wont be too far from a normal character

they will cut loads of moves because of this, most be totally gone and they might give us a few new moves that will probably be garbage

id have though by SC5 most of the characters would be sorted,lower tiers catching up and all the characters more equal because they all get good improvements they keep going on about balancing,
but i cant see how its so balanced if certain characters can hardly win despite how long youve taken on them.

the game is changing and improving(debatable), so the characters should too,the characters are what make you keep coming back to the game really,if ivy wasnt in SCV or if she was dissapointing think about it we would be gutted,and would probably really put us off
i doubt they will really be bothering with the characters so much,they may be similiar to SC4 or in this case they may be worse than now
they really need to change the characters for SCV appropriatly make big changes, to peoples suggestions and opinions and test things out to see if the new things are balanced or not
especially for lower tier characters like tira,talim,mina etc

and violent-vodka, i know quite a lot of us on the tira forum are expecting tira to be like 3x
better, but somehow i cant see them doing that much with her despite what they have said, it just wont be enough and she will still probably be dissapointing,thats just what i think
people like tira for example(i realise this will probably be biassed)but it think should jump from low tier to mid mid-high since she is a special character too with two stances,and the way she changes from them and such

and the other low tiers could go to around middle level but have it so there still hard to get good with but if you do atleast your about flippin mid way not mostly losing,how hard you try

i think the characters really needs to be a big concern for the developers because stuff the gameplay if your main character is rubbish especially if you play one it really can stop you playing even or if you have to move on to someone else you wont enjoy it all that much
they want SCV to be mega replayable like SC4 but it the characters arent really something then i can see it dying out after awhile for some people,thats why all the characters ought to really be improved

i know this isnt all about ivy but i felt it was relevant too and i wanted to get it across to you guys what i really think

Ivy was & is my favorite character. Her weapon is the best weapon they came up with (so far).In SCIII,Ivy's story made alot of sence. She got a little slower but i still liked her. As i'm not mistakened they gave ivy the whip stance in SCIII. I didnt mind at all. She was perfect in SCIII & SCII, but when SCIV came out, alot of things changed that were bull shit! 1.Ivy's story mode confused me on so many levels. why was she facing Hilde in the first round of story mode? She ain't got shit to do with Ivy's story mode,2.Ivy got slower which pissed me off.3. they gave her a 4th stance which is too much. if i do a combo and end up messing up by turning the coiled to normal then i'm fucked off. 5. for all characters in SC4 except Algol and the apprentice everybodys CF was soo short. Ivys CE looks more godly like than her CF. theres a difference. a CF should be more devestating than a CE. But one thing i did like was that she got bigger titis. yeah yeah.

I honestly think you guys are just grasping at straws to pick at a bad point in the game. Sure, Ivy MAY be crippled, but we don't know that yet. I think she could be very good, but all I've read lately is negative comments. I picture her being deadly, but at the same time, remaining easy for the noobs. They can still keep her creative edge, but making her easy. I like the idea of only having Sword. If they do all non-kick inputs with a whip counterpart, they'll barely get rid of any moves at all. They might even give us Spiral and Serpents, though I haven't seen either in videos.

I noticed her WP 3B-like launcher to the SE B move doesn't enter SE and only hits once in the gameplay videos, but in the Comic-Con trailer, it does enter SE and she does all five justs.

and violent-vodka, i know quite a lot of us on the tira forum are expecting tira to be like 3x better, but somehow i cant see them doing that much with her despite what they have said, it just wont be enough and she will still probably be dissapointing,thats just what i think people like tira for example(i realise this will probably be biassed)but it think should jump from low tier to mid mid-high since she is a special character too with two stances,and the way she changes from them and such
I doubt Tira will become much better either, but I can't help but to hope that she will. She's my favorite character, though Ivy's my favorite style. If they're really listening to us, the entire cast should be significantly better in certain ways. I know it may not always be what you want, seeing as most people in this thread are upset that she only has one stance, yadayada, but it seems like you guys aren't even giving it a chance.

I'm just saying.. maybe open your mind to the possibilities that one stance has to offer and you might change your mind on her overall. Then again, you might not, so.. I don't really know how to help you.

well i realise i seem to have a closed mind about this,i guess im just anxious more than anything,i just hope the characters are concentrated on as much as they should be

i guess ill end up blurting things out in a long post and then not really saying excatly what im trying to say

well just see what happens when it comes out,i just hate thinking about if it was terrible when it came out that it could have been sorted before then
hopefully there will be a lot of patching in SCV if a lot of people arent happy about certain things besides for things been unbalanced,they will be less busy then i imagine so it would be good if they could change things like what certain moves do or add a move or two extra to replace another,bigger things like that if the certain things end up bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back