SC5 Maxi vs. Other SC Maxi's

In order of my opinion:
1. SC 1
2. SC 5
3. SC 2

SC 1 Maxi still had PSL 3 and the damage to compete. SC 5 Maxi is more powerful than SC 2 Maxi, but he doesn't have PSL 3. SC 2 Maxi was fun to play with, but lacked the damage of SC 1 and 5 Maxi.

In terms of strength, I feel 5 is on par with 3, then 1 followed by 2, 4 is just... sad...

For me, it is 1 (like Marginal said, the lockdown trumps the extra damage he now has. He was high tier but still didn't feel overpowered.) then it is 5 (The power does put the fear of god in people which makes opponents hesitate which gives maxi an advantage.) then it is 3 (I whored out his low pokes in that game. I at least though that he had some tools even though VC and making certain characters gods ruined the game as a whole.) Then it is 2 (I'm in the minority here, I know but I wasn't a fan of 6A+B. Yes, it was very fast and powerful, but it was high, steppable, and unsafe.) Then it is 4 (Everything I need to do is in loops? With weak aGI options, no lockdown and no real safety, I ask why?)

My only problem on SC 5 Maxi is that when I fight somebody who knows how to fight Maxi they tend to run away. Spacing is one thing but distancing yourself really faraway when the round starts makes me scratch my head. Didn't experience it that much in SC 2, 3 and 4.

If Maxi could just loop in place (PSL3?) in this SC5 he'd be great I think. I don't know why they scramble him up in every game.

My only problem on SC 5 Maxi is that when I fight somebody who knows how to fight Maxi they tend to run away. Spacing is one thing but distancing yourself really faraway when the round starts makes me scratch my head. Didn't experience it that much in SC 2, 3 and 4.

Fucking THIS! Seriously, I fight fucktard after fucktard online who just simply run away the whole time. Not spacing as in trying to keep a certain distance and wait for a whiff, I mean they just hold back until their character won't go any further. Funny shit, for a second I just let my character sit there Daigo Third Strike style and scratch my head. Then I easily get inside and proceed to destroy them. I swear it makes no sense to me.

Anyway to be on topic, I'd have to say this Maxi ranks pretty high up in comparison to other iterations of Maxi. I'm sure we can unanimously agree that SC4 was the worst. After that, I'd have to say SC1 Maxi was the most powerful. I think SC3 and SC5 Maxi are both more powerful than SC2 Maxi. SC2 Maxi was easily the most fun to play, but his good shit wasn't as good as the better characters good shit. Between SC3 and SC5 Maxi it's hard to say. I know with SC3 Maxi opponents back dashing was not a problem for him at all lol. 2A+B would clip them damn toes every time. Plus SC3 Maxi actually got more damage for connecting a CH 22A AND 22A was safe on block (non stance version). Hmmmm, decisions decisions........

Today, I actually played SC1, 2, 4, and of course 5. It's a tie b/w SC1 and SC5 Maxi even after they nerfed his damage. SC5 Maxi just feels great to me, I don't know how to explain it. After that SC2 maxi for third place, and SC4 maxi is obviously ballocks. I never played SC3, so I have no opinion there.

Just my $0.02, SC1 was strongest follow closely by SCV. Cancels and PSL3 made SC2 Maxi the most enjoyable to play; however, SCV's BE combos make him the satisfying.

Damage: SC2>SC5>SC1>SC4>SC3
MixUps: SC2>SC4>SC5>SC1>SC3

One thing i still notice is his useless SC5 BL A which should have been SC2 66A. somersualt

Psl3 is seriously missed.
i do love the Li B left/right options
I full understand why stance PSL jumps were removed( beastly and pure evades if there were there)

the auto stance rotations are bullshit lazy
patch destroy WavingLights and 66A for me

It's heela better than SC4 Maxi, my god.

SC3 and 2 were pretty good in their own right, But I see SC5 Maxi being between SC2 and SC3 Maxi.

Back