SC5 Maxi vs. Other SC Maxi's

SC1 Maxi was the best iteration and strongest period. An actual effort and logical thinking went into the character design. Smart use of game mechanics, and a developer who understood how block stun should work. Especially for a character than needs to get in to do their damage.

Sc2 Maxi gets an honorary mention because tPSL4 & iPSL3 were fun.

tbh I'm not happy with SC5 Maxi and I will leave it at that. I will go on the record and say I do not wish he was over powered or broken. However, he just does not have the necessary tools to compete at extremely high levels.

Leave out the bugs/glitches.
SC1>SC2>SC5>SC3>SC4

but with the kind of knowledge we all have about the game now, SC1 probably ends up third.

SC2 mainly to me is due to tPSL4 & iPSL3, buffered PSL throws. the mobility in PSL4 is fantastic, and adding in the option to throw within during PSL is just fantastic.
sidewinders and 6_4 A+K with techcrouch properties are some good options for spacing needs.

i dun have much to complain about in SC5 Maxi, but it would be good and added gameplay value if some of these options are back.

This IS such an old thread, but having a SCVI in the light, it lead me to post here.
I would just like to hear your opinions on SC5 Maxi compared to Maxi in past games. Discuss

This is the best Maxi I've ever played with...

what ?
Agreeing with^.

Face it, the leaker (known as Vergeben) leaked to us here that Kilik will be returning

-- and he mentioned X was going to return.
I'm thinking, 'Guess who else may show up?' The last of the heroic trio, Maxi.

"...The game's very far behind schedule ever since the delay last year due to their moveset / style switching mechanic not working out like they wanted to..."
If Bandai/Namco were to still implement this mechanic to a certain degree, I would only imagine what they'd probably do with an SCVI Maxi.

What if they had a player switch styles/movesets with an SCVI Maxi in mid Loop Stances?

Example:
SCIII Maxi's AA ->RC B -- if you didn't like that, SCII Maxi's AA -> RC B -- if you liked that, cool.

SCII Maxi's AA -> RC B -- if you didn't like that, SCIII Maxi's AA -> RC B -- if you didn't like that, SCV Maxi's AA -> RC B, cool.

Switching styles in this game I wouldn't be all for, but for this character, if you could switch styles of Maxi between the different games he was in during mid-battle plus in mid-loop stance, what would you folks think?

Yeah man, I figured it was pretty likely that Kilik, Xianghua and Maxi would all return. I'd be so weird without them, It'd be just as strange if Voldo or Ivy didn't show up. These characters along with a few more that I didn't mention are just staples to the series.

As far as what you're talking about with the style moveset switching, I mean at the base level of thought, more options usually makes a character more fun to play. But being able to utilize all of his attacks from previous games seems like it'd be a cluster fuck of a mess to deal with for both players. However if they were trying to take a page from MKX with their style switching mechanic as in before a match you pick 1 of 3 styles that slightly change up the moveset, I'd really enjoy that. Like a blockstun heavy Maxi, a more mobile PSL Maxi, and a G cancel heavy Maxi. These are all iterations of the character that have been very memorable of the years, and having a kinda Greatest Hits mentality would be such fan service.

That being said, I'd hate to get my hopes up with a bunch of wild expectations.

tbh I'm not happy with SC5 Maxi and I will leave it at that. I will go on the record and say I do not wish he was over powered or broken. However, he just does not have the necessary tools to compete at extremely high levels.
Except he has competed at the high levels consistently. He has good tools in SCV, you have to plug them in very specifically though. He's similar to Xiba in that regard.

No need for style switching, they could just give him old stance moves with A+B and A+K inputs

If Maxi is announced, I wonder what kind of ubersity BNGI would give him during "Soul Charge".

*Sigh* I know it's WAY TOO LATE for wishlists... but...

- Have a Left Outer K G-cancel
- 4BBK (on the third hit; have the G-Cancel return)
- Right Cross A = SCV Maxi; Right Cross 6A = Tiger Pounce (SCII Maxi's RC A)
- Tiger Pounce post cancel options (whether SCII version or SCIV version)
- Have 4AB and all post options from SC II return.

At this point I'd settle for RC not painting a massive 'kill me' now target on Maxi.

And SC3 2A+B

I thought of how a Right Outer B could be a Lethal Hit, -- RC -- Right Cross A, Break Attack button ( SCII WR :(A)::+::(B):).

Also Right Cross A, A, A, B. (the last three A, A, B parts of the string = SCII 6bA, A, B)
Right Cross A, A, A, Break Attack button could also be incorporated, but it's only a wish list.

After such a break attack being guarded, a free SCII 44K and a free SCII 66K,K attack could be guaranteed.

EDIT

Last edited:
SC3 Maxi is 100% Trash.. remove 1 move ankle shanker[Shin Breaker].. Low poke and his straight garbo
Worst stance lacking/lazy/non existent rotations..

Ok boys and girls you really have to be detailed when talking Maxi because they are 5 version..
In hwang24 post I believe his talking SC2 maxi moves as SC6 Break Attack Button

If Namco made (SCII WR :(A)::+::(B):) Break Attack button they would replace the current Sc5 6A+B.
Im ok with that if he gets back his SC2 6A+B.

- I thought of how a Right Outer B could be a Lethal Hit, -- RC -- Right Cross A, Break Attack button ( SCII WR :(A)::+::(B):).
RO-B has always been a CH which is fine as a Lethal Hit it makes no difference,
UNLESS your asking about which version of Maxi's RO-B Hit Library(SC1-5Maxi) should be a Lethal Hit.
His lethal Hit should not bounce or knock up....I would like to see [SC2 B2 = SC3&4 44B] hard knockdown properties.

Just remember in SC6 Break Attack moves :A:,:B:,:K: are single strike moves that I have seen except Mitsu.
To keep it simple/lazy for them[Namco], I would not be surprised if they make Maxi's :A:,:B:,:K: Break Attack Buttons: SC4-Maxi Waving light Strings.

-- RC -- Right Cross A...(tiger pounce).. WAY TO OverPowered..lolololol:) more-so in Break attack mode.

- Also Right Cross A, A, A, B. (the last three A, A, B parts of the string = SCII 6bA, A, B)
Just say SC2 Serpent's Bind. so you want (:6::bA:) as a start. it would have to be the whole sting because (:6::bA:) is stoppable/stepable at that distance
Serpent's Bind would look really pretty gameplay wish.

- Right Cross A, A, A, Break Attack button could also be incorporated, but it's only a wish list.
I like this idea a lot more so if the (:6::bA:) :A:,:A: the Last A was [Sc4Maxi:3::A: into BL]

After such a break attack being guarded, a free SCII 44K and a free SCII 66K,K attack could be guaranteed.
this is confusing just say you want recovery frames

@hwang24 I like the ideas

What I really want to see is a "SC2 Foundation" with Sc4, SC5 damage and movelist improvements.
I want Maxi's [Break Attack Button:(A)::+::(B):] built into his Stances. The same way Wavering lights was implemented in [SC4Maxi]

- Examples:
+ In SC5 Li :K:is a high, so [Break Attack Button:(A)::+::(B):] in Li stance would be SC2 Li :K: a mid. You would have to hold charge:(A+B): it for SC2 Li :K: as the Break Attack.
+ SC5 BL stance functions the same only SC2 BL :(B): charge would be [Break Attack Button:(A)::+::(B):].

SC6 Break Attack moves :A:,:B:,:K: are single strike.
:A: SC2 66A(tigerpounce) but that shits too Op. or SC4 66A. @hwang24 Serpent's Desire is pretty but whole string Serpent's Bind is safer..
:B: SC2 66B. SC2 236B would be better but I like manual control of that move. unless SC5 66B is the manual input in SC6.
:K: Sc3 44K k low, mid. 2-hit NC. Ring-out move.

WISH: In Break Attack Mode Maxi can PSL4 & PSL6. "Mind-games"
In Break Attack Mode both characters jump away from each other, with PSL6 Maxi jump towards opponent in Stance.:sc2maxi1:
I demand SC2 :(A+K):Movement and PSLs.:sc2maxi1:

Last edited:
I'm kinda optimistic concerning SC6's Maxi gameplay as I know that Oosaka (a well known japanese Maxi player) is working on the game. I dunno if he's going to be mid/top tier or anything but at least he should be enjoyable. Still, I hope PSL3 returns and that Maxi stances are well-equipped against RE / SC6's GI.

Back