School of CaS: Advanced CaS Technique

So I discovered something useful. I dunno if anyone's already found this, but the Pure Ring no longer glows, making it much more versatile. I was able to use it as a pretty decent belt to hide the clipping of one of the shirts with the Pleated Skirt.

Great find, i didn't use it just yet but noticed it had lost its shine :) then again we miss the glowing one, because they are too lazy to put both, or more likely it will be in one of the contents pack later on...

Drona uses the pure rings on his arms.

Also the Seong Sarong can become full tights with the use of two stickers placed in projection at max size and brought just about all the way down. May want to do another and rotate it all the way to the back to cover up the rear side of the body.

Maelys here is demonstrating.
B14845A5-4FB4-4622-8F9D-76DF8064D97E.jpeg

LESSON 5: PAIRED SPECIAL EQUIPMENT (ExEq)
How to use paired ExEq like the beetle horns, cow horns, or batwings.
*Warning: for paired ExEq, it's really hard to tell which stat to adjust. The only reliable way is to adjust each slider left and right until you figure out which stat you need. Stay calm and keep the image of what you want in your head.

Let's start with the trickiest pair - the batwings. Let's make Ms. Grey a tricorn hat by adding two folds to her hat.
01.jpg

Here's a basic guide for how to adjust the various rotation options
RV = rotate vertical
RH = rotate horizontal
A = angle
*I'll be using the same color coding to guide you along.
Note that once you start fucking with the numbers, these rotation values start looking wonky, so you'll have to do a lot of experimentation here.

Tip 1: Move the object waaaay forward so you can tell what the fuck is going on first.
Tip 2: Reduce the object size, so you can see what's happening without zooming in and out.
Tip 3: Start with rotate vertical (RV) first. It seems to be the easiest to understand.

02.jpg

You want the curve of the bat wings to face upwards like a hat. Right now they're facing downwards, so let's rotate the wings vertically. It doesn't really matter if you go positive (+) or negative (-) here.

03.jpg

See how the wings are now curving upwards like a hat? Mission accomplished. Now we want to rotate the batwings outwards using the rotate horizontal stat. Ok, so the tricky part is knowing when to go positive or negative. I really don't know, so you pretty much have to fuck around with the numbers until you know the direction the numbers are going. Once you've found the direction you're looking for, you're pretty much set.

04.jpg

Alright, so now the wings are pointed backwards. Now that we have a general idea of what this shit's supposed to look like, so let's reposition the wings so that they fit the hat. Move backwards and upwards.

05.jpg

Now we want the hat to angle a little bit downwards by rotating the back upwards a bit. So here's where it gets tricky again. Now that we've fucked around with the numbers, we don't really know which 'rotation' value to adjust. Once again, you're gonna have to try all three (RV, RH, and A) to figure out which stat to adjust. Turns out you need to adjust angle here.

06.jpg

Better. Now let's check how we're doing on the front view.

07.jpg

You see how the wings are crossed at the front like that? We don't want that. So this time we adjust the left/right stat. For paired objects, the left/right stat controls the distance between the two objects. But rather than collide with each other, you can actually completely reverse their positioning for a different look. In this case, we just want to eliminate the crossed wing stubs. Again, keep playing around with the numbers until you get the look you want.

08.jpg

Ok, so the crossed tips are gone, but now you have an awkward gap between the wings and the hat brim. Let's rotate the camera upwards to get a better view of what's going on.

09.jpg

From this angle you can see that we want to expand the wings so that the curve of the wings match the curve of the hat brim. Unfortunately, it's really hard to tell whether you want to adjust length, width, or thickness. So once again, you'll need to figure that out for yourself. In this case, you adjust length.

10.jpg

Looks like adjusting length did the trick. Now let's check up on the front view to see that everything's alright.

11.jpg

Front view seems alright. Let's check side view.

12.jpg

Side view seems alright. Ok. So time to complete the creation as you see fit.

13.jpg

Aaaand there you go! The first time you try to use paired, it'll literally take hours. Once you get the hang of the process, you'll figure out which directions to rotate the paired objects pretty quickly, and that'll cut your time to 15 to 20 minutes if you really know what you're doing. You'll actually get a lot of practice doing recreations, which is where you'll pick up most of your creation skills. Then you can apply these skills to your original characters.

Good luck!

Last edited:
If you use the gradient pattern and carefully pick your colors, size and angle and you can give the impression of folds on an otherwise plane (and plane) looking piece of clothe/fabric. Kinda like adding 3D to your colors :)
I'll post a pic later on from a CAS i have been workin' on...

Here’s a quick one. You can make Usurper’s Suit (what Cervantes tends to wear under his armor) with the Allegiance Costume and making the “skintone” something dark since lighter ones look more like funky-colored skin.

Afterwards, you need to apply some of the face paint that tends to cover the whole face (Face Paint 76 is ideal if you don’t want makeup) or find a skin tone using stickers. The latter may make for pale lips as a warning. The same can be done for the women’s Condemned Battle Gear.
EF071183-9096-4B22-B591-62CE9A69E4DE.jpeg

FF18373E-2A9D-4B51-99C9-AE51915F17DC.jpeg
I haven’t figured out how to remove the “gloves.”

A bit OT
Not a technique but more a suggestion, in case you need Soul Points to unlock stuff

Arcade mode -> Legendary difficulty -> pick Inferno -> win gold easy -> 1500 PS reward in few minutes
Yes. And spam following moves.
6A+B for horizontal insta combo for literally 75% to 85% life damage.
2A,B for fast low
6K (6) B for fast high jab plus combo

Thank you both brucege and Gatsu, i need to try this, running desperately low on unlock points :)
legendary : you mean very hard, i don't have legendary (unlock) ?

Anyone got an idea on how to make a decent looking pair of sunglasses? The normal glasses don't tint dark enough.
I wanna dress up Maxi as Johnny Cage. The shades are essential.

Edit:
Nevermind, I literally just stumbled across a how to video.
But I can improve upon that :^)

Last edited:
Regarding colors, for color-blind(ish) players like me, is there a resource anywhere for good color codes in-game? Particularly hair colors. I'd like a list of codes to reference for blonde, brunette, black etc. Just picking random colors tends to look bad.
Might be worth compiling something like that if people wanna submit them. Skin tones too while we're at it.

Oh, I don't know if this was covered yet, but I found a janky half-fix for that whole 'square not wrapping around properly and fully' thing. For some reason, for you rotate it into a diamond shape, instead of meeting in the middle at the points, it just mashes into itself. It's kind of like the hexagon from 5, but depending on how the UVs are mapped it'll have weird breaks on the mesh. It's by no means perfect at all, but it might help once in a blue moon. Very, very strange that it behaves this way.

Oh, I don't know if this was covered yet, but I found a janky half-fix for that whole 'square not wrapping around properly and fully' thing. For some reason, for you rotate it into a diamond shape, instead of meeting in the middle at the points, it just mashes into itself. It's kind of like the hexagon from 5, but depending on how the UVs are mapped it'll have weird breaks on the mesh. It's by no means perfect at all, but it might help once in a blue moon. Very, very strange that it behaves this way.

Another glorious bug made useful by freemeal :)

Back