SCIV Combos

Combos

Wait. It picks them off the ground?

Then why the hell do I keep doing 44A+B for wakeup and forcing them to get up? Lol

Combos

Doesn't work on many characters, I tested today.
Simply holding up or down works and forces whiff. Decent if they play dead but so does pogo, but i knew that already...i was hoping it wasn't siderolleable vs everyone *sigh* i'm dissapointed. why namco why couldn't we get just this.

Combos

Oh well. It's another option. I'll probably stick with 44A+B/Pogo/Throw post-33KB.

Combos

Hmm, i did do it as fast as i could. Maybe the AI is messing up my recording, it does that sometimes.
Which situations are u doing it on? i did all my testing post 4KB.

Combos

Whoa. Been offline a couple weeks and when I get back, there's this gold find and the glitch on the other topic.

I've tried this one on the CPU (tonight I'm trying it against a friend) and it sorta works. Following Khent's post, I repeated the 33KB as soon as I made it, but some times it just links and relaunches opponent instead of hitting them grounded. I can still see the move's potential. I hope it works against the Ivynator.

A funny thing: I tried the same move in the Tower of Lost Souls (I play Descend mode from time to time.) , I had forgotten which abilities my character had. Turns out she had "Nullify Aerial Control". Check it out, you can link 33KB a bunch of times and make some funny ringouts.

Combos

OK i got the 33KB thing to work :) yay. Fuck the record feature to hell. I tested vs a sparring partner, and it worked well vs siderolls vs almost every character....but so does Pogo i guess. Nice find regardless, cuz after a second 33KB, u force the same situation again...nice nice nice. Too bad it's techable lol that will be really serious.

Combos

the 33KB thing is weird, if the training dummy is on normal it'll get varying and strange results, and so i see what is meant with "relaunch" although that doesnt realistically happen. I tested with 2nd controller idle and what it does is keep the combo going for as long as they dont guard, so the damage will go per 33KB: 5,4,3,2,2,2...
which isnt particularly threatening.. so youd have to rely on threat of situational factors (wall, RO, time) to be enough of a threat to force blocking for a mixup

Combos

And you honestly think that no one is gonna get up and just let you keep hitting them with this despite how little damage it does? That you need a threat of a ring out or time? Chances are if you hit them with a stun combo that leads into this, more than 1/3 of their health bar is gone. You are talking about a VERY specific situation that happens probably %15 of time where your health is close to zero, the clock is running out, and they somehow have a lot more health than you which would lead them into not guarding. All other times, if they keep letting themselves get launched then they should quit playing Soul Calibur IV altogether.

Also consider that 8B+K is also a threat that hits them grounded, can't be rolled and leave you with a BT mixup if done a certain way. You don't even need constant 33KB attacks to make them get up.

Ive said in the other thread that once someone catches on to how little damage it is, they *could* make it nearly impossible for you to know how many 33KBs before they block unless theres a threat to make them fear one too many reiterations..which would be walls, ring outs, time limit, or a small amount of remaining life.
That doesnt mean they *will* as you have pointed out, especially since US players are infamous for impatience. So if nobody ever does stay neutral for ridiculously long, or didnt catch a glimpse of their life bar cause theyre busy flipping out about the OMG infinite loop!1, then great, thats dandy for us, but dont get on me with that "do you honestly" attitude for pointing out a way this thing can get screwed over:
How in the world would you have a practical mix up game if someone allowed anywhere from 2-6 (or however many to reach a wall/edge) 33KBs to hit with minimal life loss before they blocked? Why would a person doing this need to be shunned off soul calibur for being patient enough to wreck your mixup? Why are you so butthurt at me for pointing out a flaw that the game originally misrepresented? Why should I bother posting the accurate workings of these sort of things when this is the treatment I get for bothering to share something with the community? I may have offered my opinion in saying "not particularly threatening" because I assumed that most people on this board would be thinking the same when evaluating degenerating bursts of single digit values in a health pool of ~232. and the part about reliance on other factors holds true if someone had been experienced enough or observant enough to catch on, and I apologize for not appending that and not being super absolutely perfectly clear about what I meant.

also I actually have considered 8B+K: it also gets diminishing returns and you would have to wait a bit before it wont, and by then itd be completely telegraphed and the opponentd have rolled around or something. But you got a good point, its not that bad when done with the diminished return in order to get the BT mixup
so this suits well as an alternative, but the issue I was more concerned about was setting the record straight about this "relaunch"

Combos

whoa good find on the 6K, it also works on 3B (but you gotta dash up making the command like 663KB) and WS B

Its all good I kind of overreacted, I can understand the frustration of that being revealed but I dont think word is gonna spread much from a tidbit fact buried in the seong mina combo thread, so itd probably be intimidating enough against most people/non mina players for its use in stun combos. Id just think at the very least us Mina players should know the weaknesses of our own tricks

as for finding good stuff with her, her movelist already allows her to be amazing but obviously to play her to potential takes exceptionally solid and deliberate general gameplay, and it seems that theres not much else to do except practice and learning how to handle/punish various chars BS.

Combos

Too lazy to read through and see if this was mentioned, but 44K can combo into either 8B+K series (if they stay grounded or you're close enough) or 9B+K series (Tech traps regular tech and maybe back tech if you're close enough I think, and can hit grounded if you're farther away).

Combos

Mina also has quite alot of wall combos. If only 33KB was NCC to add to these...
A+B -> 66KKK 6B+K 33KB (33KB throw/mid/relaunch mixup)
A+B (at a further distance) -> A+G or B+G (grab, which one will depend on how they land on the wall)
A+B -> 6A+B 66KKK 6B+K 33KB - mixup(If they're facing forward when wall hit, if their back is facing you, I don't think 66KKK will connect)
3bK -> 8B+K4B4B (I think, might be 8B+KB4B)

I'll post more if you guys want, if these aren't too obvious and what not. In some situations I think 66KKK can be exchanged with 4KB, I'll check damages later.

Combos

Sorry for triple post...but on the 33KB relaunch mixup what's the best thing to do if they crouch and avoid the throw/relaunch? And were the combos I said already well known or should I keep trying to find some weird stuff like that.

Combos

Actually, almost any wall hit at all except for a few (like 3A+B, seriously are you supposed to do anything after a wall hit with this?) can combo into pogo, although as in other situations the second hit is techable. I think pogo even works after a walled 22_88A.

Combos

More wall combos...
3bK -> 3KK 33KB - mixup
3bK from a further distance (still close enough to wall splat though) -> 66KKK 6B+K 33KB - mixup
WR B (non countered tip launch) A+B(this hit does the splat) -> 8B+K4B4B (might be B4B)

Combos

It can work on multiple ones, but it's extremely easy for it to get messed up due to wall angles and how you hit them on to the wall itself. CH BB tip (or normal hit 6B tip) 3B 6A+B 4A+B4A+B should work atleast some of the time. 11_77B (tip) WR B 6A+B 4A+B4A+B might work. Any that can hit with 6A+B should end up working, and I'll try 6K and some others later.

Should I just make a whole wall combo thread?

Also, found another odd combo. 4KB 3KK 44K. It does maybe 2 less damage or so than the standard ending 33KB, and while it doesn't lead to a 33KB mixup it leads to something else on it's own. If they remain on the ground you're left backturned and extremely safe, giving a simple backturn mixup. If they tech, I'm pretty sure it tech traps, which leads to the other 44K combo I mentioned with either 8B+K or 9B+K, potentially becoming a double techtrap. Triple possibly if you wanna go for that8B+K to BT 2K techtrap.

Combos

I'm not sure if this has been posted, but after a tip range 11B or 77B you can get 66KKK 6B+K 33BK then do the mix-up she has after it.

Back