SCIV Combos

Combos

It's a really weird, iffy type of thing. It might have to be counter, and it might be character specific. Again, I have no idea what makes it work and makes it not, it sometimes does for me and it sometimes doesn't.

Combos

Not completely sure about this, but 66A+B can combo into two pogo hits at the right range I think. (Third is side techable, and I'm pretty sure the second one isn't even side techable.)

Combos

I just joined 8WR some I'm not all that familiar with all of the terms such as CH, GI ect.

But I do however know what 123456789 means as well as ABKG.

So forgive me if I say something wrong but here are a few combos I found in training.

4A+K, 66A+B. Not sure about the damage. It may be techable, but I have yet to miss it in a fight.
3A+B, 3B. It is not guaranteed, but the second hit is fast enough to catch the opponent before they can tech.

So far that's about all I could find that I haven't already seen before.

Forgive me if these aren't practical, I just started with Mi-Na.

:sc4min1:

Combos

For 4A+K, you can either use pogo or 2A+B for some better damage I think. 3A+B - 3B is fine. It'll stop them teching, you can make it a tech trap if you delay a little (I think), etc. It won't trap to Mina's right though if you delay. Don't expect 4A+K to hit people very much though, use it for a spacing tool (if you don't know what I mean, pay attention to what happens when they block it.)

CH = Counter Hit
GI = Guard Impact
WR = While Rising (some people use WS, while standing up)
JI = Just Impact

For a few anyways.

Combos

Oh, never thought about 4A+K Sword Pongo. I'll start using that one!

And thanks for showing me those.

I tend to use 44A+BAB and 2A+B up close, since both moves have cancels I also tend to do 4A+BABG - 2A+BG and then one of her close range crouch moves such as WR A+B, 3KK, WR A.

It's risky because both moves are punishable but when your health has a good deal more than the other persons you can afford the risk.

I especially love doing it near the ring edge because they try to go for a grab RO but I'll crouch it with 2A+BG from there I can do a 3KK and it'll score me a RO.

I don't know if you guys think it's good or not but it's won me tons of rounds!

Combos

4A+B strings are horrible. Not because they are punishable (minus the GB ender) but because you can GI the "second part" every single time, regardless of what ending you choose. 2A+B should only be used in tech traps/oki, IMO. It is far to telegraphed to be used otherwise (most players will jump it, instead of blocking)

Combos

Oh, and if you condition someone to stay on the ground and just take the 3B after a 3A+B, you can use pogo for much more damage.

Combos

4A+B strings are horrible. Not because they are punishable (minus the GB ender) but because you can GI the "second part" every single time, regardless of what ending you choose. 2A+B should only be used in tech traps/oki, IMO. It is far to telegraphed to be used otherwise (most players will jump it, instead of blocking)

Eh, I thought it would be worth a shot at throwing that out there.

Combos

Use 4A+B against anyone who doesn't GI it on reaction and do it until they start to. It's a good move if they don't GI it.

Combos

Okay so I was messing around in training today and noticed that Mi-Na's 44AA puts her in a auto crouch, so in noticing this I was looking for a combo with her crouch moves. 44AA - WR 3B is the only thing I found that chains. I wasn't able to test it with Ukemi on. Would someone mind testing this because I won't be able to for a few days. Also Pogo might be possible with a delay.

Combos

44AA sets up for a FC1KK techtrap, and I never tried pogo. FC1B would create some space though.

Alright, well I think I might have found an infinite, at very least against Tira. I was playing Dragon, and I landed a stun combo or something backturned, that lead to 33KB and its oki game. Well I did another 33KB to go for relaunch and kept doing it, and he couldn't get out. He tried standing up to get out of it like you can in the regular relaunch situation, but it didn't work. It also worked in training mode with the dummy set to all guard after taking the initial hit.

In short, post combo 33KB infinitely relaunches backturned, as far as I can tell. Atleast on Tira.

Combos

Alright, to try it out simply do a counter hit back 4KB to a backturned opponent and then go for 33KB, skip 3KK. You may wanna mix up 33 and 99KB so the angle doesn't get messed up. I've really only currently got it consistently against Tira and Cassandra. I'll try to get Baba to record something, but he never records for me recently so we'll see.

About Voldo (and Astaroth and probably others), it's really...odd. I can't get it to be consistent but with both Asty and Voldo I had atleast one time where I got 1-2 extra relaunches. I have no idea what makes it work and not work, sometimes the second 33KB would just ground them with no flip, one time I managed 2 extra launches (not counting first 33KB), and in general it's just weird. I'd been trying different angles, different 33KB timings, different timing for the first 33KB (how much you delay before you do it), if you do a 33 or 99KB, etc. Sorry, I so far haven't been able to get a consistent one. I'll try some more tomorrow and maybe test other cast members anyway to see what I can do on them.

Combos

One other thing to note is that occasionally a 66K wall combo will angle them just enough by the end to let the opponent be near backturned and 33KB still working.

Now I'm starting to doubt it works at all, and I'm confused. I tried it on another friend's Tira and couldn't get it to work, so I don't know how this whole thing works out. It's odd.

Combos

You need to mix up the 44/66A+bs against Yoda. Any decent Yoda player will be 4ging that shit all day long if you don't.

Combos

After the 3b. Unless he can't 4g it then, which I'm not sure but I think he can. But I'm not sure.

Meh.

Combos

Okay guys, I just found out the coolest thing ever with Mi-Na!
When someone is going for a slow low attack you can use Mi-Na taunt to jump over it.
The reason it must be a slow attack is because her taunt has slow startup.
I know this is useless but it's still cool. :D

Back