SCIV Ivy General Discussion & FAQ

I know it has been a while and I don't know where to ask this. Is it possible to do Ivy's Whip State Stinging Souls move without switching states? I can't do it without switching states and it's annoying.

You must hold [A+K] or [A] when doing it. If you hold A+K she won't change the stance. In Sword State you must hold [B+K] or {B], and in Coiled you must hold [A+B]

Oh! You mean the one in SE (Serpents Embrace)? SE JF 4B 6B 4B 6B?
I have only ever seen one or maybe two people who can accomplish this online; that's Robdom88 and maybe Ring (not sure). You shouldn't really try to do it, it's not very helpful.

Oh! You mean the one in SE (Serpents Embrace)? SE JF 4B 6B 4B 6B?
I have only ever seen one or maybe two people who can accomplish this online; that's Robdom88 and maybe Ring (not sure). You shouldn't really try to do it, it's not very helpful.
So basically, its not worth learning?

So basically, its not worth learning?
No; you can attempt it but only about two Ivy players that I know of can do it online. You can still learn it offline if you wish to use it in tournaments and other offline activity. I have attempted to do it online personally and I only get as far as the second just. But it's your choice. This is my opinion of it; although Ring may want to contribute to this conversation. Wait to see what he says.

Doing it online is all muscle memory. Once you can do this move offline consistently try doing it with eyes closed, it will help you to perform this move online.

That's preference, but dpad would always be my answer...on an xbox controller that can vary.

Once again the move is not needed to master Ivy. The reward is very small (20 dmg) and it scales in large combos to be even less (sometimes worse!). The move is just as unsafe as the normal version so with the risk you barely get anything. The only time I would personally use this is to close out a match where I can actually confirm it's needed and enough during the final blow. Some people can do this very well but their 90% success rate is still not as good as my 100% on BBB.

Spare for a few, this move is just for flair.

I know, I understand what your saying. But the whole reason why I was trying to do "Howling Spirits" is to do this combo...which is....WP 66b CL 1b.b+k WP 3b b 6b 4b 6b 4b. I've seen N3ver3nding68 do it. But anyways I'm up for a challenge. My record so far is to the 3 just...

That isn't a combo. It's a techtrap. It only works if you hold [G] button after being hit with CL 1B,B+K, then WP 3B will hit you as you try to get up.

There's nothing you should apologize for ;) Take a look at the combo list here: http://8wayrun.com/threads/ivy-combos.26/

The only guaranteed combos involving the 5hit JF are:

- SE B:6B:4B:6B:4B, [G]9B (72 dmg)
- WP 3B, SE B:6B:4B:6B:4B (42 dmg) - note that WP 3B, SE BBB is 40 dmg so only 2pts of damage difference.
- CH WP 3B, SE K, SE B:6B:4B:6B:4B (66 dmg)
- CH SW 44A, CL 4B, SE B:6B:4B:6B:4B (84dmg) - this is the best looking combo you will find with 5 Hit JF IMO
- CH SE K, SE B:6B:4B:6B:4B (58 dmg)

Back