SCIV Ivy General Discussion & FAQ

Likely he was using misguided terminology. Frame cheat is not a valid term and the only thing I can possibly think of is frame traps...and those are 100% legit...and not something Ivy really has. He might be talking about forcing lag...

Either way don't worry about it because there's nothing wrong with her.

ok, i was just wondering if he was implying i was cheating somehow. oh hell! ivyfanboy! i remember getting my ass kicked by you a long time ago

Hi everybody, i'm playing MK9 this time and I really like Soul calibur but i have a big problem. I really need to find a stick to play this game but wich one is better and is the best for ivy ?

with ivy i don't think it particularly matters whether you use a stick or not because her moves don't require doing a whole lot when it comes to inputting buttons or movements (with the exception of her advanced throws and 1 or 2 of her just frames). actually i would wait to get soul calibur 5, if you plan on getting it shortly after release, first. but yeah that's my intake. you new around these parts?

Moved to general discussion.

Hi everybody, i'm playing MK9 this time and I really like Soul calibur but i have a big problem. I really need to find a stick to play this game but wich one is better and is the best for ivy ?

You will want to get a stick that's quiet. Throw buffering is very important in Ivy's gameplay and a loud stick movement can affect your success rate in landing CS/SS command throws.

Moved to general discussion.

You will want to get a stick that's quiet. Throw buffering is very important in Ivy's gameplay and a loud stick movement can affect your success rate in landing CS/SS command throws.

What one you suggest or u use ? And I've heard that is take an octogonal gate to perform those circular move easier ?

What one you suggest or u use ? And I've heard that is take an octogonal gate to perform those circular move easier ?

Well, I don't play on arcade stick but if I were to get one, i would be more comfortable using octagonal gate. There are some Ivy players that play on sticks and I'm sure they will be able to help you, like Ivyfanboy.

I will send him an alert, hopefully he will come here and give you some advice.

Likely he was using misguided terminology. Frame cheat is not a valid term and the only thing I can possibly think of is frame traps...and those are 100% legit...and not something Ivy really has. He might be talking about forcing lag...

Either way don't worry about it because there's nothing wrong with her.

IFB, I summon you! ;)

I use a square gate. I had a hard time finding diagonals on the octagon.

I've tried most kinds, and I personally like Sanwa parts best. For most purposes, a Madcatz Tournament Edition stick (which has a Sanwa stick and buttons) is what I'd recommend.

As for quiet sticks, those are custom builds and will run you $300+. I think that's too much to spend for a first stick.

I use a square gate. I had a hard time finding diagonals on the octagon.

I've tried most kinds, and I personally like Sanwa parts best. For most purposes, a Madcatz Tournament Edition stick (which has a Sanwa stick and buttons) is what I'd recommend.

As for quiet sticks, those are custom builds and will run you $300+. I think that's too much to spend for a first stick.

I've read that putting iCS is hard to pull with a square gate is this true ? and what is a quiet stick ?

Those two sticks are functionally exactly the same. Either would be fine.

If you want another stick for Mortal Kombat specifically, that's fine, but if you plan on traveling for tournaments it will be a pain to take two sticks everywhere. It would also be another thing you'd have to keep an eye on at events. Unfortunately, stolen sticks are not uncommon.

As for iCS on a square gate, it's only hard if you're not used to it.

A "quiet stick" is really an optical stick. It uses lasers to sense directions instead of switches, so when you move the stick around you don't hear any clicking.

Those two sticks are functionally exactly the same. Either would be fine.

If you want another stick for Mortal Kombat specifically, that's fine, but if you plan on traveling for tournaments it will be a pain to take two sticks everywhere. It would also be another thing you'd have to keep an eye on at events. Unfortunately, stolen sticks are not uncommon.

As for iCS on a square gate, it's only hard if you're not used to it.

A "quiet stick" is really an optical stick. It uses lasers to sense directions instead of switches, so when you move the stick around you don't hear any clicking.

Can you name me one of those stick ?

I have been watching Ivy's game play for SCV since they first gave us game play, and i'm very excited to play with her. Some of her BE's are tight and her CE is godly like. I havent seen much new moves from her but that doesn't matter. She's gotten faster and has very less stances which is nice.

Rain, they aren't mass produced. That's why you have to find someone willing to do custom work. If you really want to go this route, your best bet is to see if anyone's taking orders on the Shoryuken forum. I believe they have the only optical sticks/boards in production nowadays.

Back