SCV DLC Guest Character: Ermac!

@Norik (your post is too long to quote), you said the game is supposed to have weapons....well, yea that was a premature statement, MK has weapons. Viola would be a HORRIBLE choice for Ermac. Cervantes fits him way better with even an identical floating move, but still not enough for it to be unneccesary for him to be a guest. The last MK game did have weapons...duh? The game before MK9. Had weapons. Not generations ago. His Ninja Axe (is such a thing since he's a ninja, and, uh, uses an axe.) IS his trademark, at least in a weapon-oriented game.

And your "problem" about him being too fantasy. Not really. SC is very, very fantasy. I don't really see any logic in your counters, just blatant statements, no offense.

@Gatsu...i did write a lot. Cus he makes sense. And you didn't read, you're just saying "No" blatantly with no discussion, stop posting.

And people saying "No" with no counter logic, just solely based on them not being fans of MK or Ermac, stop your elitism. You can disagree, that's 100% fine, but don't be a douche. I come here to find so many blatant posts. Just don't post. No big deal.

I would support Ermac as a DLC character.

As long as he's released after every single non guest cut character from the entire Soul series is added back in.

That's just pitiful. It's called successors. Like i said. Not gonna happen. Too bad. Or as people around here like to say, "no, nope, NOO!!!".

The green font was hands down the best part of this post
And i consider that green absolute shit :D

MK?
Fuck no thanks

Ok that is offensive. The green color coordinates with Ermac, and it's neon/light green. The best green by far. Best color by far. Any other green is what's absolute shit if u ask me. Oh and u didn't read like u admitted so all ur posts are invalid GTFOH.

I have a better idea! We should have DLC for these characters!

images

*insert wall of text*

... In conclusion, we should have BAD DLC characters...

I have a better idea! We should have DLC for these characters!

images

*insert wall of text*

... In conclusion, we should have BAD DLC characters...
Are you trying to ruin the series by adding these clowns? The Soul Series already has young girls that already act stupid, a vampire, and a werewolf (and that's all in Soul Calibur V). So no, I don't want to see any damn Twilight in my Soul Calibur.

@Norik (your post is too long to quote), you said the game is supposed to have weapons....well, yea that was a premature statement, MK has weapons. Viola would be a HORRIBLE choice for Ermac. Cervantes fits him way better with even an identical floating move, but still not enough for it to be unneccesary for him to be a guest. The last MK game did have weapons...duh? The game before MK9. Had weapons. Not generations ago. His Ninja Axe (is such a thing since he's a ninja, and, uh, uses an axe.) IS his trademark, at least in a weapon-oriented game.

And your "problem" about him being too fantasy. Not really. SC is very, very fantasy. I don't really see any logic in your counters, just blatant statements, no offense.

@Gatsu...i did write a lot. Cus he makes sense. And you didn't read, you're just saying "No" blatantly with no discussion, stop posting.

And people saying "No" with no counter logic, just solely based on them not being fans of MK or Ermac, stop your elitism. You can disagree, that's 100% fine, but don't be a douche. I come here to find so many blatant posts. Just don't post. No big deal.
I have many reasons:

1. The current MK game does not have Ermac equipped with a weapon, unlike MK4-MKA, where everyone has a weapon. Weapons are the main aspect of this game, unlike MK, with a few exceptions like the female ninjas. The only exception in this game that doesn't have a weapon is Devil Jin, but that isn't "exclusively" from a character in the series. It's just an extra from the same publisher.

2. All of Ermac's moves is revolved around hand-to-hand fighting, and constant telekinesis on himself and his opponents, which isn't a good balance with the rest of the cast. As far as the supernatural characters that you stated, all three at least have weapons that they use during combat.

3. The MK fanbase base the game entirely on this honest equation: Scorpion+Sub-Zero+Gore/Blood+Fatalities=Mortal Kombat. With Soul Calibur having little to no blood at all, Ermac being in the game wouldn't do much as far as convincing the MK fanbase to play this game if they play MK for the graphic violence. You do know how they felt about MK vs. DC right?

As far as your first post:

Read before you say no plz. Ermac would make sense as a DLC (Guest) character. First off, SCV NEEDS DLC characters in order to match/answer MK9's DLC content (why not do it with MK's own character!). SCV would just straight get outdone if Namco doesn't deliver on DLC besides minor, skimpy customization packs.

And since when did the amount of characters=a better game than SCV? There are a few reasons at how I can say MK9 is better than SCV, but the amount of DLC characters would definitely not be one of them.

Secondly, contrary to Fanboyism, asking for Ermac is more reasonable and realistic than expecting DLC characters who have a successor in SCV. And there are many. It's not gonna happen. Characters who don't have a successor like Zasalamel, that's fine, he's a cool character and should be one who returns if there are DLC characters. (I don't know if you knew this, Steve, but MK9 had THREE DLC characters.)

1. It is not more reasonable and realistic than "successors".
2. Huh?

Last thing before i get to Ermac, the least Namco could do is make DLC Souls, which would just be fighting styles of characters just like Devil Jin, except they'd be Soulcal characters (i.e. Soul of Zasalamel). But actual DLC characters would be preferrable nonetheless. Afterall, MK9 didn't just have DLC fighting styles. Match the standard, Namco.

Um....That's one reason why people are suggesting characters like Talim and Zasalamel.

-He's composed of legions of souls! That would fit right in with Soulcalibur. His style would be referred to as "Souls of Ermac".

Wouldn't that make him a mimic character? lmfao.

-Ermac may not be a Franchise Character (neither is "Devil" Jin), but that's an exception because he's a fighting game character. And he's arguably considered one of the coolest most badass characters of MK. I'm not just being biased even though he is my fav MK character by far.

You may not say it's biased, but it definitely is favoritism, and a matter of opinion.

-You can't accurately make Ermac with the SCV Creation Mode. There's no equipment parts that even somewhat accurately reflect the key parts of his detailed wardrobe like the floating armbands and headband or bandaged ninja mask. There's also no fighting style that accurately fits him, because he uses an Axe and Astaroth/Aeon don't reflect him. Cervantes' floating and telekinetic moves really reflect Ermac but overall the style is off. Siegfried and his CE work for Sub-Zero, Ivy somewhat works for Scorpion, Ermac is just too unique to create.

So now, we've gotten to the root as to why you want Ermac in the game. You can't create him on the Creation Mode.

-Why not have another Guest character from the same Genre like Devil Jin and unite the Genre further? Beneficial for both Franchises. Mortal Kombat could logically make an appearance in Soulcal because MK is also weapon-oriented in some titles, so the characters have weapons. Weapons that aren't lightsabers.

-SF and Tekken already have their own little thing together (SF x Tekken, no i will not "cross the line"), this could open the door to Mortal Kombat and Soulcal doing a Crossover game (MK x SC. Yes, yes i will cross that line) and having a MK character in SCV would really ignite the possibility (despite Devil Jin, SC x Tekken is eliminated because of SF x Tekken). Soulcal and Mortal Kombat are also the two biggest weapon-oriented fighting game Franchises. It all adds up

Soul Calibur is a weapon-oriented fighting game franchise. Mortal Kombat is not.

Are you trying to ruin the series by adding these clowns? The Soul Series already has young girls that already act stupid, a vampire, and a werewolf (and that's all in Soul Calibur V). So no, I don't want to see any damn Twilight in my Soul Calibur.

Lol, i mean, he was pretty obviously being sarcastic. jus sayin. But who is the vampire? Raphael? Doesn't really count, he just has a bite move and doesn't really reflect a vampire...just a femininist. oh wait, that reflects Twilight! lol

And Zwei isn't a werewolf, he is a werewolf summoner! lol. I think it'd be cooler if he was a lycan though and had a werewolf form for his alt costume. not a werewolf costume, an actual transformed werewolf. but summoner is still cool, just not when low tier.

just a random thought speaking of characters, i'd love a pharaoh as a new character IF there would be a SCVI. there's no characters that reflect an egyptian-ruler-type (except Zass?) and the Pharaoh could be able to morph into a jackal like Anubis...obviously i like pharaohs. he would have a sceptre and a jewelled sword.

Are you...what? I don't even....Ermac has an axe. duh.
You really want me to roll the tape huh?

I'm being honest here. I do respect your option to have Ermac as a guest, but Ermac being in the game is absolutely NOT "logic" as you state many times. Your suggestion is only a matter of opinion.

You really want me to roll the tape huh?

I'm being honest here. I do respect your option to have Ermac as a guest, but Ermac being in the game is absolutely NOT "logic" as you state many times. Your suggestion is only a matter of opinion.
It absolutely IS logic. As i explained thoroughly. It's your opinion to disagree against my logic. It's logical for an MK character to be in SC, and Ermac makes sense. Maybe not as much sense as just fitting in, but he fits in and that makes sense. At least more sense than god damn Star Wars characters, as my logic/reasoning stated. Or even more sense than Ezio who is a bit too realistic for SC and a fail of a guest character (nobody mains him, partly cus his style isn't available, and he doesn't draw in much new fans). If Ermac isn't logical then he's at least very reasonable.

It absolutely IS logic. As i explained thoroughly. It's your opinion to disagree against my logic. It's logical for an MK character to be in SC, and Ermac makes sense. Maybe not as much sense as just fitting in, but he fits in and that makes sense. At least more sense than god damn Star Wars characters, as my logic/reasoning stated. Or even more sense than Ezio who is a bit too realistic for SC and a fail of a guest character (nobody mains him, partly cus his style isn't available, and he doesn't draw in much new fans). If Ermac isn't logical then he's at least very reasonable.

This is the point where I stop taking you seriously.

We might as well, since they are more logical than Ezio and Star Wars characters.
rolleyes.gif

Sometimes I think that I should get the MK dragon tattooed on my person, but then I remember the fanboys and come to my senses.

There are several reasons that Ermac wouldn't work as a SC character:
  1. He's way OP. We can't have that in a Soul Calibur game.
  2. Psionists don't fit the realistic setting of the SC series. If you include one, that'll open the door for werewolves, magic gypsies, vampires, dinosaurs, and who-knows-what other nonsense.
  3. As a weapons-based fighter, any MK character visiting the SC universe would have to be a weapons-oriented character. Thus, you should be championing Stryker for DLC instead.
IMO, a MK/SC crossover game would be awesome in theory, but I'm completely biased as a fan of both games. In reality, both franchises would have to make great sacrifices and take a lot of liberties, which would result in a game that could never live up to the expectations of either fanbase. Not to mention the simple fact that they'll never be mixed, be it as an actual game, or as DLC. Instead, let's just be happy that we get to enjoy two fun fighters.

Sometimes I think that I should get the MK dragon tattooed on my person, but then I remember the fanboys and come to my senses.

There are several reasons that Ermac wouldn't work as a SC character:
  1. He's way OP. We can't have that in a Soul Calibur game.
  2. Psionists don't fit the realistic setting of the SC series. If you include one, that'll open the door for werewolves, magic gypsies, vampires, dinosaurs, and who-knows-what other nonsense.
  3. As a weapons-based fighter, any MK character visiting the SC universe would have to be a weapons-oriented character. Thus, you should be championing Stryker for DLC instead.
IMO, a MK/SC crossover game would be awesome in theory, but I'm completely biased as a fan of both games. In reality, both franchises would have to make great sacrifices and take a lot of liberties, which would result in a game that could never live up to the expectations of either fanbase. Not to mention the simple fact that they'll never be mixed, be it as an actual game, or as DLC. Instead, let's just be happy that we get to enjoy two fun fighters.

As much as I agree Ermac shouldn't be a guest character, because holy shit would he not fit the universe - were you trolling with point 2?

Werewolves - Zwei
Magic Gypsies - Viola
Vampires - Raphael
Dinosaurs - Lizardman/Aeon.

[quote="pharaoh03, post: 437447, member: 10787]
[/quote]

Blah no need read

MK got the worse trash chara design since was born and looked shit compared to design of actual competitors (at the time Capcom, SNK)

20 years are passed and still MK is the trash chara design of the fight games world

A MK shit in my SC?
No need to read, really :)

Soulcalibur does need more creativity though. I mean they've covered the mainstream fighting styles and made them very strong. They tried very unique characters, made them weak, and took them out of the game. Yes, they've added more unique styles for SCV and they still lack. As for "Blanka like freaks" I personally want more of them. It creates "badassery" and doesn't cover the simple boring mainstream styles already expected in the game.

As for Ermac:
1) He's a wicked cool character, just not for Soulcalibur though. Perhaps other characters from Mortal Kombat would be more suitable...think about it.
2) True Soulcalibur fans care about the story too much to allow DLC characters.
3) Tournament players would ban them and argue about little things.
4) Namco's content follow ups are really shitty. They'll never be standard with DLC.

As for you:
1) When I started reading about CaS characters and matching styles I was thrown off. Be more clear about the actual point you want to get across and follow up with smooth details. Not some bologna.
2) If you're going to demand a character you should (IMO) come up with a simple plan on how to go about it. Not just state it's going to great for both franchises. You have to add the little details as well. Everyone that loves a fighter or anything in general always pays close attention to detail.

That's just pitiful. It's called successors. Like i said. Not gonna happen. Too bad. Or as people around here like to say, "no, nope, NOO!!!".
That's the point. I was being sarcastic. I know it'll never happen. And as much as it will never happen it would still make much more sense for them to release the characters the fans have been begging them for (Zasalamel, Amy, Yun Seung, Seung Mina, Talim, Cassandra, Rock- the ones without pure successors) before crossing over with another franchise from a company that has nothing to do with them.

Back