SCV DLC Guest Character: Ermac!

That's the point. I was being sarcastic. I know it'll never happen. And as much as it will never happen it would still make much more sense for them to release the characters the fans have been begging them for (Zasalamel, Amy, Yun Seung, Seung Mina, Talim, Cassandra, Rock- the ones without pure successors) before crossing over with another franchise from a company that has nothing to do with them.
Ummmmm, yeah.

It's not a wall of text, it's organized. And i provided logic, unlike u with Twilight. lol
Are you trying to ruin the series by adding these clowns? The Soul Series already has young girls that already act stupid, a vampire, and a werewolf (and that's all in Soul Calibur V). So no, I don't want to see any damn Twilight in my Soul Calibur.

@Pharaoh: I was making a point, champ!
@Shaolin: My goal is to completely ruin this game. Obviously. I mean... Who is on 8WR to gain greater understanding of the game and build up their skills to tourny play? hm

Ermac...????? No thanks, he is a cool character but he doesn't fit in Soul Calibur's universe... If Namco & Project Soul deside to give us more DLC characters I would like to give us Zasalamel, Talim, Hwang or Yun - Seong (I prefer Hwang) Seong-Mina, Amy, Cassandra and Rock....... and I hope for that....!!!

Lol, i mean, he was pretty obviously being sarcastic. jus sayin.

Yes, he was being quite sarcastic. But he was being sarcastic and making fun of you.

He was saying that putting the Twilight characters in the game would be just as equally stupid as putting Ermac in a Soul Calibur game.

And he's quite right.

I did read all of your "logic" and as "logical" as it may be to you...it still is a completely stupid idea.

In short...

NO!

Yes, he was being quite sarcastic. But he was being sarcastic and making fun of you.

He was saying that putting the Twilight characters in the game would be just as equally stupid as putting Ermac in a Soul Calibur game.

And he's quite right.

I did read all of your "logic" and as "logical" as it may be to you...it still is a completely stupid idea.

In short...

NO!

i do not think they could understand such big words as "no" and words of such stunning complexity as "sarcastic". I honestly thought this was a troll thread until I got a backlash from special Eds 1 and 2.

No, I don't think he'd fit and one guest character is enough

Plus there are tons of characters like Talim, Zasalamel, and Yun Seung that could b eincluded that were well liked in the series and people I'm sure have actually asked for these characters, Ermac? I'm skeptical.

As an MK fan and player, I don't think he'd translate well with Soul Calibur at all.

Ermac is cool and all but I can't see him meshing in well with the Soul series. Like a lot of users have said, Soul Calibur is strictly weapon oriented (with the exception of Devil Jin's style but that's for a different reason). Mortal Kombat does have weapons.. I.E:
Scorpion/Sub-Zero = Swords
Kitana = Fans
Shao Khan = Hammer
etc. etc.
But in the latest game, it emphasized more hand to hand combat with a lot of the characters. So yeah, there's one reason. Another one (in my opinion) is the timeline/time zone thing. This is why I think Ezio fit the bill perfectly. MK is in the modern times... Though this reason here is probably biased to some but hey, when it comes to guest characters, I'd prefer them to choose a guest who could actually meld into the feel of the game. This is the reason why I was personally against seeing characters from Final Fantasy be guests...

And my last reason is just like what another user said. I wouldn't want to see DLC guest characters because it just adds more clutter to the roster and turns it into a joke. 1 or 2 guest characters is good enough for me and Ezio is probably one of the best guests I've seen even if he is a little more realistic then the Soul cast. If they were going to be doing Character DLC, I'd prefer to see characters of the series return like Talim, Yun-Seong or Hwang or possibly both, Zasalamel, Bangoo, etc, or even more Music, Clothing, & Mode DLC. It may not happen but still, I would personally choose those options over another guest character.

How many times do i have to say, Ermac has an axe. So you can't argue with "SC is weapon-oriented". But whatever, i still think a MK x SC crossover would make sense and be awesome. It doesn't matter that they're not affiliated, they're fighting games with weapons and fantasy.

The only character you guys want back that i'd care for is Zasalamel, just cus he's different and has a scythe. But with some new moves though. Most others you guys whine about have a successor or spiritual successor and won't happen. and Rock is pretty stupid in general. lmfgdao.

u guys killed this thread. no mercy. i'm over it.

You can have Ermac as soon as i get Vyse from Skies of Arcadia.

Wait. Screw that, i actually want there to be a realistic chance of Vyse getting in!

I would suggest closing the thread, because it's making me aggravated, but....this is too much fun.

I've already explained my reasoning, so there is really no point in repeating it.

holy misinformation and misguided logic Batman (to like nearly every post)

Imma bypass most of the arguments on whether Ermac fits or not and just shoot this in the foot with the logistics of doing this. Every other franchise DLC takes a lot to set up in terms of contract, treatment to preserve the character, then integrating them properly. There would be a lot of issue with NRS wanting Ermac done their way (and while the latest MK is fairly good for MK standard, they still did a LOT of mistakes and have yet to prove they can make a great competitive fighting game...maybe next MK), this will likely have Namco not want to play ball with the NRS way. Next you have to incorporate move set. He has projectiles, teleports, telekinetic grabs. Things that are very hard to integrate effectively. Yes Cervy has two of these, but they don't operate in the same manner MK uses them. While it's possible, it's not easy and require a lot of work around. Furthermore, if you're going to include another companies fighting game character in...why not just do a whole vs game?

Really this just has no logic to getting executed and he does not mesh as well as you think. The axes work yes, but the things that make Ermac Ermac are hard to incorporate fairly and not have it feel weird like Yoda in SC4.

Ewww why add a smelly dude. Add a hawt gurl! ADD AYA
0cf8a734fa21bb098aad646470c5d539.jpg

Back