SCV DLC Guest Character: Ermac!

Hey, while we're wishing for ridiculous tie ins that will never happen, I want Nakoruru from Samurai Showdown and Yuko and Reiko from the Valis series. Or Hatsune Miku. Granted I already made all of the above but hey.

I'd want Darth Vader's style back, just take out the light saber and switch it with a long sword or something. :)
Same with Ezio in the next game, the crossbow concept would make an awesome weapon type for Soul Calibur's own warrior.

I actually fully believe if this game's development wasn't rushed to the point of insanity, we probably would've gotten Vader and the Apprentice in different skins with generic straight swords or made up wizard weapons or something on top of Zasalamel and Talim or successors for them.

Then maybe I'd be more friendly to stupid guest character ideas.

You clearly just contradicted yourself. First you say the axe is Ermac's signature weapon, making him fit for the game, and then you say that Scorpions dual katanas is more of a signature weapon than Ermac's, yet he doesn't fit for SCV.
I clearly didn't. You're clearly taking my words out of context. I said Ermac could be in SCV because he has a weapon, in *conjunction* with reasons i've already listed which have been dismissed by biased, close-minded fanboys. I specified "axe" many times because people argued "SCV is weapon-oriented". I didn't say Scorpion doesn't fit, i said him having more of a signature weapon doesn't mean he's best fit for SCV. Can't believe i really had to break that down to you.

The only reason Ermac had an axe in MK:D, and MK:A, or a weapon for that matter, is because everyone else had weapons in the game, so no, it is not a part of his design and style. If it was, it would have been on MK9.
He has a weapon. If he was in SCV, he'd use his axe. Because that's what he has, regardless of the latest MK iteration.

You are right, it is not based off of Armageddon. It is based off of Deception and that is where Ermac's axe debuted. As a matter of fact, he isn't the only MK character that had an axe. Scorpion used one before he did.
You missed my point. It's not based off of ANY iteration. If he used an axe in MK9, it wouldn't be based off of Deception. It's part of his character. It says in his Wiki Bio his weapon is an axe. Obviously his axe is absent in MK9 because the game is non-weapon-oriented, not because it's not part of his character. Therefore, it's absence in MK9 doesn't mean an MK9 Ermac couldn't use an axe in SCV. That's what i was arguing in the first place if you used your context clues.

You may say it's serious, but it really isn't.
Yes, yes it is.

I actually fully believe if this game's development wasn't rushed to the point of insanity, we probably would've gotten Vader and the Apprentice in different skins with generic straight swords or made up wizard weapons or something on top of Zasalamel and Talim or successors for them.

Then maybe I'd be more friendly to stupid guest character ideas.
Stars Wars characters aren't stupid guest characters but Ermac is? GTFOH.

The game was rushed though. It's apparent in the cast itself. Pointless Mock characters nothing more than roster fillers, and sloppy-designed new characters i.e. Zwei, Aeon. Plus Zwei has no alternate weapons, and Creation could be so much better with minor improvements, including not recycling SCIV equipment. Just to add to ur point

I clearly didn't. You're clearly taking my words out of context. I said Ermac could be in SCV because he has a weapon, in *conjunction* with reasons i've already listed which have been dismissed by biased, close-minded fanboys.
Speak for yourself. You are the one wanting Ermac in the game, because you supposedly "can't create him".

I specified "axe" many times because people argued "SCV is weapon-oriented". I didn't say Scorpion doesn't fit, i said him having more of a signature weapon doesn't mean he's best fit for SCV.
And just because Ermac supposedly had an axe in two former games, that makes him a better chance at being in compared to people like Kitana, Mileena, Jade, Kenshi, Kabal, and even Skarlett? Really?

He would add diversity to the roster. He uses a Ninja Axe, as opposed to presumable favorites Scorpion and Sub Zero who use swords (I know Soulcal is about swords but they wouldn't add diversity). Ermac's slick Ninja Axe is distinct from Astaroth's bulky oversized axe and Aeon's stubby dual twin axe's.

The fact that you say Ermac "has" the axe goes into context that he regularly uses this weapon within the series, and in MK9, which he doesn't. Not to mention, the axe itself isn't as "diverse" with the cast as you may think. His weapon could very well be shared with either Aeon or Astaroth if Ermac ever were to be in this game with his "axe".

He has a weapon. If he was in SCV, he'd use his axe. Because that's what he has, regardless of the latest MK iteration. You missed my point. It's not based off of ANY iteration. If he used an axe in MK9, it wouldn't be based off of Deception. It's part of his character. It says in his Wiki Bio his weapon is an axe. Obviously his axe is absent in MK9 because the game is non-weapon-oriented, not because it's not part of his character. Therefore, it's absence in MK9 doesn't mean an MK9 Ermac couldn't use an axe in SCV.
Um.....yes it does. The whole point of even having MK guest characters in SC would be to promote the game. That's why Starkiller was a guest in SCVI. To promote the game where he was the main character. The lightsaber he contained in that game (as well as Yoda and Darth Vader) was the icing on the cake.

And I'm sure someone has stated this before. Why would they put a guest character in SC just to promote a former installment and not what they currently have? Not to mention Ermac wouldn't even fight like his MK9 portrayal. That, in itself, lacks logic.

But I'm seriously through with this argument.
To put it simply:

1. The only DLC characters that I feel should be in this game (or future installments) are Zasalamel, Talim, and Yun-Seong for many reasons, and that is my opinion.

2. Ermac doesn't fit, at all. the previous MK characters I've stated above have better chances at being in as guest characters than he does, because they have signature weapons, and without them, they would be incomplete.

3. Yes, successors WILL happen in SCVI, even if you want to deny it.

4. The MK fans have made it clear that No Blood/Gore=No Mortal Kombat, so what's the point of even adding them in SC if SC doesn't contain blood? Adding MK characters as guest characters in SC would be a lost cause.

5. Your suggestion is not based on logic. There is nothing in your first post that is logical about it. It is simply an "opinion", and forever will be an opinion whether you want to accept it or not. No different than anyone else who suggests other guest characters.

Stars Wars characters aren't stupid guest characters but Ermac is? GTFOH.

Good job reading what you only wanted to read. I made a point of saying that I only wanted their styles back, not their character models.

Now, if I wanted to play Ermac in a fighting game, I would play UMK3, MKT, MKD, MKA or MK9. And in those games, I get the added bonus of tearing off limbs with him. Whereas with SCIV's guest characters, it comes from a place of "I love fighting games, hate Star Wars, but understand that Darth Vader is awesome", then Namco gave me the ability to play him in a fighting game, an ability I did not have before his inclusion in the series.

So yes. Star Wars characters (but mainly Darth Vader) are less stupid than Ermac. And not just in the context of Soulcalibur, but as a general rule.

And just because Ermac supposedly had an axe in two former games, that makes him a better chance at being in compared to people like Kitana, Mileena, Jade, Kenshi, Kabal, and even Skarlett? Really?
God you're stupid. Did i say solely because he has an axe?

The fact that you say Ermac "has" the axe goes into context that he regularly uses this weapon within the series, and in MK9, which he doesn't. Not to mention, the axe itself isn't as "diverse" with the cast as you may think. His weapon could very well be shared with either Aeon or Astaroth if Ermac ever were to be in this game with his "axe".
He doesn't have to regularly use it to have it. Yes, it is diverse, as it could NOT "very well be shared with either Aeon or Astaroth". And i said why.

Um.....yes it does. The whole point of even having MK guest characters in SC would be to promote the game. That's why Starkiller was a guest in SCVI. To promote the game where he was the main character. The lightsaber he contained in that game (as well as Yoda and Darth Vader) was the icing on the cake.
This part, you didn't counter anything i said, you just blatantly disagreed so i don't even need to counter this part.

And I'm sure someone has stated this before. Why would they put a guest character in SC just to promote a former installment and not what they currently have? Not to mention Ermac wouldn't even fight like his MK9 portrayal. That, in itself, lacks logic.
This goes back to Ermac's weapon not being an iteration. I thoroughly explained it, refer back to it. Because in no way would using an MK9 Ermac with an axe be "promoting a former installment". Idiot. Now that lacks logic.

Good job reading what you only wanted to read. I made a point of saying that I only wanted their styles back, not their character models.

Now, if I wanted to play Ermac in a fighting game, I would play UMK3, MKT, MKD, MKA or MK9. And in those games, I get the added bonus of tearing off limbs with him. Whereas with SCIV's guest characters, it comes from a place of "I love fighting games, hate Star Wars, but understand that Darth Vader is awesome", then Namco gave me the ability to play him in a fighting game, an ability I did not have before his inclusion in the series.

So yes. Star Wars characters (but mainly Darth Vader) are less stupid than Ermac. And not just in the context of Soulcalibur, but as a general rule.
Ok dude. At least u put up a legit argument. But MK's gameplay differentials doesn't really apply to who would fit character-wise.

Oh wow, I'm one out of many that is repeatedly trying to explain in refined language why "Ermac" isn't fit as a guest character over other more popular MK characters (WITH SIGNATURE WEAPONS), and I'm called "stupid" and "idiot" Oh well.

Someone please close this horrid thread.

Guy ''X'' likes character ''Y'' from some game and when he stats the new game ''Z '',he wants ''Y'' in ''Z''.
No offense but this idea is just a giant grotesque like 99.999% of the guest chars in all the games , brb going to make a thread about my wish for Sailor Moon DLC!

Oh wow, I'm one out of many that is repeatedly trying to explain in refined language why "Ermac" isn't fit as a guest character over other more popular MK characters (WITH SIGNATURE WEAPONS), and I'm called "stupid" and "idiot" Oh well.

Someone please close this horrid thread.
You're not explaining anything, you make no sense. GTFO already. "WITH SIGNATURE WEAPONS DURR" that doesn't mean they're fit. The thread is horrid cus of people like u bitching with no real argument. Stop posting if u dont like the thread.

I think that what he means by "signature" weapons are the weapons that made the characters stand out. In my opnion, the axe didn't make Ermac stand out. It was his crazy Telekinetic powers that made him stand out in my OPINION. But eh, I think I'll just stop there.

Motaro will be more fun that ermac anyway.

And a MK char on my soul???|
no please keep the broken games away.

I think that what he means by "signature" weapons are the weapons that made the characters stand out. In my opnion, the axe didn't make Ermac stand out. It was his crazy Telekinetic powers that made him stand out in my OPINION.
Thank you, and I, and a few others, have said this many times. The axe isn't what makes him stand out in MK. It was just an excuse for him to conform with how the other characters fought on MK: D-MK: A, and he will be the exact same on SC, but in a more desperate way.

Now Kitana, personally, would be the better MK choice, and there are many reasons for it, but I don't want to get any ideas, so I can just go back to saying......

"No, no, and Non merci."

and oh yeah....

Hell_no.gif

Out of curiosity, I checked the thread creator's profile page and was perusing through his posts on 8WR. I advise everyone else to do them same. I can't take this dude seriously anymore.

I actually wouldn't mind Shao Kahn as a guest character.

I'd rather have the neat-lookin dual nunchuk wielding Li Long from SC3 Arcade Edition in a game I can actually play, as opposed to more guest characters taking up roster places for potential permanent new characters or returning ones, but whatever /rant

Out of curiosity, I checked the thread creator's profile page and was perusing through his posts on 8WR. I advise everyone else to do them same. I can't take this dude seriously anymore.
I can't take you serious. Go ahead, go through my posts. What did you find, please tell? Don't try to make me look stupid unless you're gonna back it up troll. GTFO.

Back