SCV Ivy FAQ & General Discussion

I don't keep up with Ivy info lately since I don't plan to use her in this game (mainly because of what they did on her), but from what I read things are not looking that good...

btw, Ring has done some amazing job in this SA, keep up the good work!

Does anybody know if BE attacks that add an extra move animation to a regular attack can be delayed? like can you do 22b....BE?

Ok...Theres another idea shot down lol. 5 days seems so far from now i want to try so much stuff out now. Thanks Synraii.

I am wondering if Ivy can punish at i13 with 6B8 BE. Any idea ?
I did that once, it's a suicide. It does about 40dmg on a standing opponent but the low kick doesn't come out. I think she's at about -20 frames on hit. Standard 6B8K seems to do just as much damage.

I have a question for you guys.. Since SCV is coming out tomorrow and i'm having a little problem. In SC IV I was maining Ivy and I really liked her gameplay. I was playing on the 360 with the stick because I find it easier to do her SS and iCS. But yesterday I saw that the command really change to something else. My question is would it be better playing Ivy on a pad on SC V ? I have a ps3 so i really don't know on which console I should buy it. Any suggestion ?

apparently CS is harder on joystick, however Im a believer in whatever feels best for you is what you should stick with....if you play on joystick then stay with it....

so I just played the game for about an hour, an I'm satisfied with what I got to see. 1a+b combos to b+k as I thought, it a combo that is more about setup then damage(possible meter building also) since it pushes the oppent to what I would call the dead zone. After the combo u have a lot of decently strong options like 11a,1a,6[ b],3b+k all of which can be mixed up with 214a g. Also her 22b combos to bK for about 51 but I think its only at close range. This was good see imo another way to build meter plus it should make ppl want to tech which adds to the oki game. Her hold 22[b ] 5hit jf is pretty easy and strong most ppl should beable to pick it up in about week or 2 I did it about 6-7 times though a little shaky it still felt easier the sc4 version which wasn't that bad so...her BE ss was harder then I thought but I was on a xbox pad and didn't have my buttons setup, overall I see potential in it. I couldn't test my cs tech do to me using a xbox pad so I will post that when I buy the game. She doesn't seem bad imo I would type more but it annoying typing all of this on my phone

I have a question for you guys.. Since SCV is coming out tomorrow and i'm having a little problem. In SC IV I was maining Ivy and I really liked her gameplay. I was playing on the 360 with the stick because I find it easier to do her SS and iCS. But yesterday I saw that the command really change to something else. My question is would it be better playing Ivy on a pad on SC V ? I have a ps3 so i really don't know on which console I should buy it. Any suggestion ?

Any taught on this ?

If u are asking me always go with what you can perform the best on, if you play better on pad then stick with it because playing with a stick won't make you magicaly better. Your going to need to take the time out to learn to play stick and during this time you will lose...a lot. Now if you said you play stick so unless you are forcing yourself to play stick I would stay with what u already know. As for he ps3 or xbox thing its preference and money. Do you prefer one or the other for some reason also does your stick work for both of them or just one? If it only works for one do you have the money for either a neew stick or a converter? Also can you afford to pay you internet bill and xbox live bill if that's problem then you might want to go to ps3 no point in having a game you can only half play. Hope that helps

These are not really game play elements but I'll just post them here

bK on ground male opponents she will say you filth
bK on ground female opponents she will say painful

Even if you set the Voice to english. When you do 44A+B unblockanle it will use the Japanese voice actress instead. Kinda like Alpha Pat doing A+G but he says something in Japanese. Guess Namco overlooked this

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, my game is being delivered today but it's not here yet!!!!!! I'm going soooooo crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was using ivy in sc4 and damn she's change. I bought the soul calibur V fightstick will it even be possible to do the iCS on this or i should stick to pad ?

Back