SCV Ivy FAQ & General Discussion

They said that they wanted to make Ivy easier to use, so they took away some of her good moves.
Really theycould of kept her stances and still made her easy to use. From what I saw in the demos

I don't really see how Ivy is easier to use. Even with some of her good moves gone....

It wasn't really about taking away her moves, it was about taking away all of the "complicated" stance changing.

when the stance changing wasnt even really so bad,you just had to friggin learn ivy before you could use her! not just some random noob instantly picking her up

even if you like the new ivy,i think most of us agree that what they have done has ruined ivy for us,its not even like ivy anymore,normal characters even have more stances and diversity than her now

and i woudnt mind the nerfing so much,if so many moves werent removed and all her good tools too,she really doesnt seem to have anything to work with,and i dont like limited characters who always have to do the same thing mostly
and i like tough to use and diverse characters,so chances are ivy is going to be off in V as much as i hate to say it

in comparison the new tiras stats are better than ivys in every way apart from reach which isnt right really because ivys long range moves have been nerfed to hell and it seems she always has to be up close now
i know tira has had a big improvement but still..that shows how much ivy has been nerfed

here are tiras stats for comparison

when the stance changing wasnt even really so bad,you just had to friggin learn ivy before you could use her! not just some random noob instantly picking her up

even if you like the new ivy,i think most of us agree that what they have done has ruined ivy for us,its not even like ivy anymore,normal characters even have more stances and diversity than her now

and i woudnt mind the nerfing so much,if so many moves werent removed and all her good tools too,she really doesnt seem to have anything to work with,and i dont like limited characters who always have to do the same thing mostly
and i like tough to use and diverse characters,so chances are ivy is going to be off in V as much as i hate to say it

in comparison the new tiras stats are better than ivys in every way apart from reach which isnt right really because ivys long range moves have been nerfed to hell and it seems she always has to be up close now
i know tira has had a big improvement but still..that shows how much ivy has been nerfed

here are tiras stats for comparison
I think you are freaking out/overreacting and need to relax a little. I don't like a lot of the changes that they have made either, but I still trust the devs. They know this game better than we do (even if we think we know better) in most cases. And I'm not claiming t know anything at all, I'm just being realistic.

A little off the topic of nerfing, but can someone tell me what are the moves that some people keep saying have been removed? It looks to me like most of her moves have just been condensed from 3 stances to 1, with many having different inputs. Off the top of my head, the only moves she had in 4 that I haven't seen yet/am pretty sure is missing is her former WP 6B/WP 6bA+B and possibly her former SE A ~ 236A

Just like everyone else, I'm dissapointed with Ivy. The good thing is that she has moderate speed (according to the stat thing) so therefore imho pro-players will be using Just Guards and Guard Impacts more often with her. She might be meter heavy also, but I will extensively dissect her moves out before I make my decision on whether or not she'll be my secondary or tertiary. :/

I will still play with Ivy, no matter what.... At least she's in SC5 and thats all that really matters to me. Still I don't get why they couldn't make Ivy easier to use with her previous moves and stances....

IMO they could of kept the stances at least, but made them less difficult to do.....

They said they was going to balance the game well IMO, if they plan on balancing every character, then they will have to bring back a couple of Ivy's moves..... but thats just me right??....

I will still play with Ivy, no matter what.... At least she's in SC5 and thats all that really matters to me. Still I don't get why they couldn't make Ivy easier to use with her previous moves and stances....

IMO they could of kept the stances at least, but made them less difficult to do.....

They said they was going to balance the game well IMO, if they plan on balancing every character, then they will have to bring back a couple of Ivy's moves..... but thats just me right??....

nope i for one totally agree with what you are saying, btw i had no idea you played ivy too lol
im glad SE is gone,that was more of a hinderence but she could have had some extra stance that didn't get in the way,her CL,WP,SW seperate did a bit in 4, the way they are now with all moves togehter is actually better but it just not much fun,

if she wasnt nerfed so much and if some of the good moves and tools werent took out the one stance would be amazing and she would still be quite fun due to all the moves and be able to fight well at close,mid and long range all in one,i think thats kinda what we were all expecting before we saw her fight,not anything like this

nope i for one totally agree with what you are saying, btw i had no idea you played ivy too lol
im glad SE is gone,that was more of a hinderence but she could have had some extra stance that didn't get in the way,her CL,WP,SW seperate did a bit in 4, the way they are now with all moves togehter is actually better but it just not much fun,

if she wasnt nerfed so much and if some of the good moves and tools werent took out the one stance would be amazing and she would still be quite fun due to all the moves and be able to fight well at close,mid and long range all in one,i think thats kinda what we were all expecting before we saw her fight,not anything like this
I agree. In SC5 I noticed how they made Ivy more of a long range fighter, rather than a close and mid range figher. In SC4 she was a close, mid and a far range fighter. In SC5 it seems like in order

to get the best results out of Ivy, you have to do a lot of keep away moves and tech traps at mid

to far range combat... It seems like in SC5 we'll be depending more on Ivy's range attacks, CE and Tech traps..........

Instead of singing with grace with the blade............

I agree. In SC5 I noticed how they made Ivy more of a long range fighter, rather than a close and mid range figher. In SC4 she was a close, mid and a far range fighter. In SC5 it seems like in order

to get the best results out of Ivy, you have to do a lot of keep away moves and tech traps at mid

to far range combat... It seems like in SC5 we'll be depending more on Ivy's range attacks, CE and Tech traps..........

Instead of singing with grace with the blade............

it seems like that at first motiosho but the truth is ivys long range moves have been nerfed and now she is a very close range fighter thats why i said im defintly off ivy if her main stategy involves going all the way up to the opponent and using the BE or CE throw a lot and not been able to vary my moves much due to lack of a big range of good tools like before
and its looking this ivy could well be played something like that

it seems like that at first motiosho but the truth is ivys long range moves have been nerfed and now she is a very close range fighter thats why i said im defintly off ivy if her main stategy involves going all the way up to the opponent and using the BE or CE throw a lot and not been able to vary my moves much
I know, it's how Im seeing people play with Ivy in SC5 nowa days, that makes me think that............

i had a few questions to ask again, since im going to that launch party on the 24th i wanted to know some general fundamentals in using the new Ivy in SCV. that and is it worth learning CS or SS in SC4? or should i just wait for SCV to learn the new notation? sorry for the scrub questions...

Honestly it is a little depressing to see what PS has turned her into. To me at least, SCIV was when she was, asthetically, true to her style. Now she seems crippled. How do you take a style that has been shown in the openings to be very mutable and visually impressive and turn it into a poke fest? Granted this is me ranting based on pre-final build videos but I am sad that my favorite character no longer impresses me.

i had a few questions to ask again, since im going to that launch party on the 24th i wanted to know some general fundamentals in using the new Ivy in SCV. that and is it worth learning CS or SS in SC4? or should i just wait for SCV to learn the new notation? sorry for the scrub questions...
Wait and learn the new input; it is completely different.

I look at Tira, zwei and viola being chars that actually have depth and wondered why cant Ivy be something as varied. the kind of ppl who pick Ivy always expected variety. why make her a throw char with so little mids? Why is a JGed BE launcher unsafe when it already needs CH to combo?

Wait and learn the new input; it is completely different.
ok, i'll just look at her currently known moves and read over them until it sticks and try to get a mental feel for the mechanics like BE and quick step.

[notice] Tommorow the Ivy SA will undergo some changes.

In accordance with the new soul arena guideline, new threads will be created for :

- combo & tech traps discussion
- frame data discussion

There is a lot of chaos/offtopic in the Ivy Videos and Ivy SC4->SC5 changes threads. I will be cleaning those tomorrow as well. I will move the messages to the appropriate threads.[/notice]

So whats Ivy's movelist looking like? Have we seen it all or are there some good moves still left to be seen?

Back