SCV Seong Mi-na wishes

Lol, I didn't know Mi-na was a "his". But yes, 22_88A is a frame I'd use a bit too. I personally love it when she does tip range combos. It looks more sexy than anything Ivy(not much of a fan at all) does. But once again, that's just me being biased on her.

One thing for Mina, imo, she has excellent spacing tools, much better then Kilik's I might add (for someone with a such a long stick it's surprising how useless he can be when he's spaced), someone brought up whiffing, i'd say it's the same reason astas 66b now whiffs, I've no idea personally I'm a SC2 player (no SC3), ask Namco... Oh yes my suggestion, give her more useful UBs, I may be missing something here but the only UB I know of is what, 8A+B, imo, the most useless UB in the game... And more cancels, but I'd say that about just about every character in SC4

Mina's unblockable is undoubtedly the worst in this game. Seriously, what is this going to hit anyway, it's too slow, and easily stepped

I would like it if her 66A+B and 44A+B were the same move and you could hold it, and if you held it long enough, it would become UB.

6A+B, ever notice how pathetic that is compared to Kilik's equivalent move, not too sure but for me even on CH the last hit is always guardable. It could at least be a guard breaker like Kilik's 214b does for an open 66b or something

Mina's unblockable is undoubtedly the worst in this game. Seriously, what is this going to hit anyway, it's too slow, and easily stepped

I would like it if her 66A+B and 44A+B were the same move and you could hold it, and if you held it long enough, it would become UB.

I think her unblockable does the most damage out of all of them, but I may be wrong. I love your idea for 66A+B and 44A+B, but maybe they could be different attacks like they are now and just have 44A+B do more damage in unblockable form for a longer charge.

I guess what I want for Seong (or Seung) Mina is more natural combos and more natural combos on counter. And perhaps a few more options for spacing.

I really don't think Mina should be a speedster. I'd rather have her break the fast, weak female stereotype and be medium-slowish in speed but hit hard, at least with her power strikes.

I guess what I envision Mina as being is a character with versatile distance tools either with safe pokes or strong power strikes, but slowish in foot, and weak in-close. However, to avoid her getting frame-trapped to death, she'd have her auto-GI moves if she could predict what strike is coming next , kinda like Goh in VF. This is why her auto-GI moves should work on one type of attack, at a speed that makes them effective yet not reaction-based.

That would probably still make a non top-tier character, but she'd be really interesting with that sort of design, and it would be true to what it looks like SC4 Mina is supposed to be.

Characters need to be defined by what they are not good at, in addition to what they are good at.

Online anyway, what comes to mind is certain scrubs I've seen spamming other scrubs all the way to death (lol) with X's UB 44B+K, or is it just 4B+K, can never remember, but anyway 66 and 44A+B can be quite difficult to avoid on wake-up and I can imagine this sort of scenario unfolding... Not to trample on your idea, I'm sure there could be a workaround, less tracking or something

I'd rather see 4KB's auto-GI start quicker, maybe even first frame. It's the auto-GI properties that I'd improve, not the actual move itself. (to encourage anticipatory defensive play)

More randon buffs:
  • 4KB is her main CH move. It would be very nice if it was a NC, and was safe(r).
  • 33KB should actually be a combo, whether it be a NCC or a JF. That would make me happy on so many levels.
  • Give her a new 44AA. Her version sucks, and Kilik's is actually pretty useful and safe.
  • 4A+B series should track like it did in SCII/SCIII.

mina's GI's are active super early (on the 2nd frame which is as good as a guard impact and faster than amy's for 4B+K and 6K), however her 4BK is active on a respectable (and average) 5th frame.
Problem is that they're almost strictly re-actionary because she has very poor frames, such that you'll be using them mostly on block after 66A, 22A. Otherwise you'll use aGIs on hit, but again the frames arn't bad enough that you'll use their windows in time.

Theme-wise I think she's in a niche. She's not defined by how well she does in long range combat, but more that she just plain sucks up close, which is a shame. To put this in numbers to be easier to understand, (if 10 is an average) then her far range game presently is about 12, while her up close is somewhere closer to 4-5.

Will mina be the top female soul crusher in sc5 ? Not sure if i'd take that an accept that she'll have "weaknesses" elsewhere to compensate and ultimately define her role as a poor up-close character.

Her TC could use some work (her 8A+B utterly fails against multi hitting high strings) and maybe her 8B+K series could TJ earlier ?

I've actually pontificated Mina having a special stance where she can step towards and away from the opponent, much like Mitsu can with his RLC and MST stances. This new stance could specialize in fast, close-range attacks that offer spacing. Here's a list of the stance moves I've brainstormed:

ST-A She drops to a kneel to avoid high-level strikes and spins her weapon overhead, striking at high level twice with some quick blows that send the opponent reeling, much like her 22_88A, but faster, and producing greater spacing. Holding the A button will return to the stance afterward.

ST-B:B Mina shoves her weapon down at the opponents feet. On Just frame, she lifts it up the waste height. This hits on low, than at mid level. The second hit knocks the foe upwards and backwards, providing a small juggle, similar to Cassandra's 2B+K

ST-K Mina jumps to evade low-level attacks, and delivers a high front kick and a descending stomp kick in rapid succession, hitting at high then at mid level, so if the first hit is ducked, the second on will connect if the foe doesn't stand up in time.

ST-A+B She spins her weapon in front of herself, and it glows with GI properties. On successful impact, she repels the foe's attack and lunges forward, goring the foe in the diaphram region. She forces them to the ground and pulls the weapon out with a twist, resulting in a mid-level AT

ST-B+K She leaps upwards and comes down at a steep diagonal, offering slight range for a powerful mid attack. [B+K] makes this an UB attack, much faster than her present 9A+B. Even if less damaging, it'd more likely to connect.

I also think her 4A+B4A+B could be more smooth, with the second half coming out much quicker. Though Kilik's 4A+BBB is much slower, I find that it connects more often.

That's my take. Mina should still remain a character who excels at spacing and bashing the hell out of the soul guage, but giving her a stance for specialized up-close moves would definately increase her potential...

I don't want Mina to have a stance at all really. I've grown accustomed to her not having a stance, and I hope she stays that way. But I wouldn't mind having some of those attacks being performed from neutral. Especially the AT.

I'd like to see some safer moves for her, kilik's got em out the wazoo while mina does need to have a forte of her own, the whole keep away strategy is ok, but her moves need more speed, i don't expect her to keep up with Amy or anything like that but she should be on par or even a little worse than kilik, but as far as i see aside from playing keep away, and her ridiculously powerful unblockable, she's pretty easy to either avoid or impact. I mean come on, even rock is higher on the tier list and i've never lost to a rock player, and i'm not even that good at playing her. But she does need something, heck i even like SC3 better since she had the 6K GI that glitched so you could GI in the air or when your flat on the ground. That gave my friends a scare a few times and even then, it wasn't over powered, or made it unfair, I still died a lot but she at least had some character or something unique. But most definitely faster and safer close range moves or a new ability instead of the lame blade hit ability, it's too situational considering other characters like X who can build up their points then cancel or GB whenever the opportunity presents itself.

make 6A+B be 6A+B B/{B} and have the same frames on block. make 6A+B NC but make the 3rd hit be the B and a lil more unsafe then 6A+B and the {B} do +damage, safeness on block, and SG damage if there is an SG. this would help to mess with the Gi timing and help promote Gi whiffing for the opponent and actually avoid the last hit of 6A+B being Giable a it was in SC4.
Ex: 6A+B is -12 on block and NCs and is i25
6A+B B is -15 on block SC in 12
6A+B {B} is -8 on block SC in 7
or just make 6A+B G
or just make it NCC

Back