SCV Story Mode is only 1/4 of the Planned Size

yeah I get what your saying, I was just throwing out ideas, but just how many times will soul edge come back after being completely eradicated

Considering how many people have been saying the storyline in SC games is bad, I don't think it would be a good idea for Namco to stick to the current formula.

I think they should seriously consider doing one of 3 things:
- Remove the story mode. If their idea of a good story mode is repetitive gameplay with horrible writing (time travel, dog taunts, evil people being filthy and pale, etc) then why bother at all? Just present the story as text to character profiles instead. Right now, people are paying more attention to background stories shown in the artbook than the story shown ingame anyway.

- Repeat what they did in SC: BD. If they can't create a good serious storyline, make a silly one instead. At least that's something they can do.

- Hire new writers. Or well, hire any writer at all! I wouldn't be surprised if Daishi himself came up with the current story we got in SC5.

Or, you know, they could go back to the regular formula of each character having their own story mode, like they did in every other game in the series. Or is that too crazy and out-there?

Just present the story as text to character profiles instead.
I don't think you fully understand how much shit they'd get for that.

I don't think you fully understand how much shit they'd get for that.
Would that be worse than it is now though? All we got was Patroklos' adventures with killing people who are pale and filthy with very minor cameos from other characters, and nothing else. And the depressing thing is this is likely the highest budget they've ever spent on a story mode.

Dont forget the minor sister complex too... that's a bit creepy. lol. There's that one cut scene that comes to mind where Patrokolos offers a hand to come along and you can see Pyrrha actually has to think about it for a moment.

Would that be worse than it is now though? All we got was Patroklos' adventures with killing people who are pale and filthy with very minor cameos from other characters, and nothing else. And the depressing thing is this is likely the highest budget they've ever spent on a story mode.
And yet eliminating story mode altogether and just have it as text in the Character Profiles is somehow better?
I agree that SC5's story mode was terrible and Patroklos was a murderous asshole, but removing story mode is a terrible idea.
Like I said, going back to the old formula of each character having their own specific stories and endings with cutscenes here and there is a better idea.

And yet eliminating story mode altogether and just have it as text in the Character Profiles is somehow better?
I agree that SC5's story mode was terrible and Patroklos was a murderous asshole, but removing story mode is a terrible idea.
Like I said, going back to the old formula of each character having their own specific stories and endings with cutscenes here and there is a better idea.
Well, it would let them put those resources somewhere else. I'd personally want to see another weapon master mode than a story mode.

Dont forget the minor sister complex too... that's a bit creepy. lol. There's that one cut scene that comes to mind where Patrokolos offers a hand to come along and you can see Pyrrha actually has to think about it for a moment.
And then there's the line where he tells her he wants to spend his entire life with her. Which is a little bit weird to say to a sibling.

tbh, the Soul Calibur V story would make the worlds best audio book.

Fuck the brown paper and the CGI just have a black screen and listen to the epic voice talent and music.

Or, you know, they could go back to the regular formula of each character having their own story mode, like they did in every other game in the series. Or is that too crazy and out-there?
Or just have one mode for story and have another mode for individual ones. Pretty much the Mortal Kombat approach, or maybe have it like this.....

Story (True story)-Split in Three segments (Europe, Asia, World)
Tale of Souls (I'm just naming something off of the top of my head. It's somewhat like Edge Master Mode and presents individual endings)
Quick Battle/Arcade (How Arcade runs in SCV)

Or just have one mode for story and have another mode for individual ones. Pretty much the Mortal Kombat approach, or maybe have it like this.....

Story (True story)
Tale of Souls (I'm just naming something off of the top of my head. It's somewhat like Edge Master Mode and presents individual endings)
I like this idea very much.
But, of course, being able to play as more than just Pyrrha, Patroklos, and ZWEI in Story Mode.

Story (True story)-Split in Three segments (Europe, Asia, World)
That could work.

Well, my problem with story mode isn't so much the length, but the one complaint I've had since IV that wasn't fixed (or attempted to fix (Story)), SoulCalibur. Seriously, what's it going to take to get that sword back to the holy weapon it once was.

the main point is that even with soul calibur being a holy sword it's still powerful. and power hungry people still go after it. thus creates just as much chaos as Soul Edge by the people. so that's why both swords must be destroyed to restore order.

the main point is that even with soul calibur being a holy sword it's still powerful. and power hungry people still go after it. thus creates just as much chaos as Soul Edge by the people. so that's why both swords must be destroyed to restore order.
Never in the games has this been the main point. The only power hungry person that went after it was Ralph in SCIV. the point (in SCV) is that Elysium's idea of saving the world is to turn all of humanity into puppets and destroy all that were effected by Soul Edge, prompting the siblings to destroy Soul Calibur (with Soul Edge no less) and Soul Edge to save humanity. had the story end with them defeating Inferno and then Elysium asking the siblings to destroy/hide Soul Calibur away to prevent the scenario that you gave, I would except that.

WE NEED FOCUS ON STORY!

BisonOfCourse.jpg

Back