SCV Story Mode is only 1/4 of the Planned Size

Is Story Mode really that much of a dealbreaker for you? In a fighting game?

No, it's not. That was just my pathetic attempt at a joke.

Had the entire game only been 1/4 of what it should have been, then I would have been serious. Even still, I feel the game was not worth its price overall. The game feels incomplete in more areas than just the story mode.

I think we can agree that were this a Tekken game, it would be given all the love and time and care in the world, rather than being shoved out the door. It is good to see that the game is being supported with DLC at the moment, and I wouldn't mind supporting Story DLC if they chose to go down that route and presented it well. Character DLC is probably what everyone wants most though, that bottom row of the CSS clearly wasn't what PS set out to include from the get go, but just looking at the screen itself, I don't know how they'd implement more char. slots. We'll see.

well as far as the official story or w/e goes [tira seducing pyrrha], I think the english translations seem to often be over dramatic. I'm pretty sure it is closer to tira taking pyrrha in rather than "seducing".

as far as patroklos wanting to have sex with pyrrha ... probably a mix of over dramatic translation and also people's minds taking a wrong turn.

great example would be devil jin from tekken... has a intro quote "fear the wrath of god" in the translation ... but he is actually just saying "i will teach you fear"
Haha! He said that English is over dramatic. Normally it's the Japanese that over emphasize EVERYTHING when it comes to voice acting. Most people say English is boring. The first time I heard it the other way around.

Nnngh... trying to like... story mode... *gasp, pant*
Dear PS, do NOT release more story if you refuse to burn the stills and cruddy script. I don't think I can take you butchering SC's mythos anymore.
(Hell, I don't even want to finish what I already paid for T_T)

P.S. Sorry to hear Namco's being a dick.

I think we can agree that were this a Tekken game, it would be given all the love and time and care in the world, rather than being shoved out the door. It is good to see that the game is being supported with DLC at the moment, and I wouldn't mind supporting Story DLC if they chose to go down that route and presented it well. Character DLC is probably what everyone wants most though, that bottom row of the CSS clearly wasn't what PS set out to include from the get go, but just looking at the screen itself, I don't know how they'd implement more char. slots. We'll see.

well .. tekken has always been more popular / higher sales than sc series afaik .. so they will have the higher budget for more things ..

well .. tekken has always been more popular / higher sales than sc series afaik .. so they will have the higher budget for more things ..

I know, it's just sad to see how willing and eager they were to push SCV out for release. Thankfully, Daishi was able to craft a superb game in terms of the gameplay itself, but as we see, there was more to his vision of the game beyond that.

Now I definitely can't throw the blame on Project Soul for this one and their excuse is valid, this happens a lot within the gaming industry.
____

As another poster said on another site:

"Put in the original Soul Blade game on Playstation. See how much content it has.

Every character has their own adventure mode. Dozens of unique challenges. Hundreds of unlockable weapons. Every character has three alternate costumes right from the get go (with alternate colors too). Every character has TWO endings, fully voiced and animated, that you can alter in realtime with button prompts. There are THREE soundtracks to choice from and several truly secret, unlockable characters to play as.

And it has the greatest intro of all time.

And then we come to SCV... which... well, it has fighting in it. That's pretty much the bare minimum of being a fighter. That's like saying a platformer needs platforms.

Single-player story content and challenges are what drew me into Soul Calibur, and from Soul Blade to Soul Calibur 3, they delivered. After that, it's been painfully disappointing watching features I loved disappear until only the skeleton remains."
___

I'm" not an online gamer (don't have the time) and I'm" not saying that SC needs to be MK or BB or some magical fighter-rpg hybrid single player wise. To be fair SB set the standard on the single player experience in Fighting Games IMO which is why I got into the series back in '97. If Project Soul can get back to even a fraction of that I'll be content.

They even said that they were going to add team battle mode back and you even see a trace of t in the first fight in story mode but they didn't have time to get it on the game. I'm hoping for another gameto come out that's the enhanced version of this one.

Soul Calibur V head Daishi Odashima has revealed that the weapons-based brawler’s ambitious story plans were trimmed due to lack of available time and man power.

Speaking with Train2Game, Odashima said that developer Project Soul could only cram in one quarter of what was originally planned in terms of story content.

“Our first plan on the storyboard was that we had every characters story,” he said.

“But time-wise, man power-wise we weren’t able to do it and only one fourth of what we planned to do is in the game.”

Odashima-san said the team is eager to use the cut content in some capacity, though wasn’t sure how this would pan out.

“Some of the voice-overs are already taken but haven’t been used,” he added. “We want to make use of it somehow, but we don’t know how that’s going to be.”

http://www.psu.com/news/14876
seriously namco... WHY

or should i say bankco ...?

Man, if they supplement the story before they do DLC characters, my head will explode like a pipe bomb at a women's clinic.

at least it was only the story that was sacrificed and not something important like the gameplay.

at least it was only the story that was sacrificed and not something important like the gameplay.

We don't need 4 threads for this one particular topic. Look around first before posting please.

Bottom line: gameplay is the best gameplay I've seen in a Soul Calibur game since 2. If they have to add in Story-related content via DLC or expansion or whatever I'll gladly purchase it. Same with characters.

My take on it was Project Soul had an incredibly ambitious vision for the story mode. It is obvious they where unable to meet that vision, but even if given the time/money would it have been for the best? Honestly, I do not believe it would be better than the old Tales of Souls mode, despite requiring considerably more time/money. In addition, most people who play Soul Calibur probably would not have appreciated a four-times-as-long Story Mode any more than they did the current, incomplete version.

Back