SCV Story Speculation/Discussion

I would like the story and character depth to be very deep. SCIV had by far the crappiest and most disappointed story mode ever. I want something that emotionally fuels me up to fight. Btw, while this may not be related to this thread, you know how on the SC2 versus screen when the fighters look at each other and you can press any button so that they can say a line? That just gets me even deeper into the game. xD

it also had the most dissapointing intro actually, go watch the intro sequences to any of the ones before it :p

In a lot of ways SC4 felt like shovelware.

Of course if you expect to sell your game to the same exact people with every release then you can ignore the story. That's why FGs have been a niche experience for a select number of gamers for so long.
Niche games like Sports games and racing games all share one thing in common and that's a lack of story,for immersion.

I will tell you this, a large number of people don't buy MK games looking for some deep fighting game system. It's one of the few FGs with the luxury of an interesting story. With movie releases and such. If you can make people care about the characters in the game, that's a very powerful thing.
So if you're looking to get new people interested your game you have to hit both marks, the single player and the multiplayer.

To be honest I just want to know if my man Yun Seong gets down and dirty with Talim or Seong Mina. Yeah Mina had the hots for Hwang, but his been cut. Sorry Hwang fanboys.

Yun Seong gets down and dirty with...Seong Mina.

Aren't they cousins?

On topic, I think that it doesn't really matter to me... I think that they have the opportunity now to take the "charicatures", to quote Idle, and make them into real characters given the 17 year gap. I hope that they do, because the level of character depth in SC4 really killed the mood compared to SC2. But I play SC4 for the 3D weapon combat, not characters.

Aren't they cousins?

On topic, I think that it doesn't really matter to me... I think that they have the opportunity now to take the "charicatures", to quote Idle, and make them into real characters given the 17 year gap. I hope that they do, because the level of character depth in SC4 really killed the mood compared to SC2. But I play SC4 for the 3D weapon combat, not characters.

Nah they ain't cousins. They're completely unrelated yet Yun is not making any moves on Mi-na and sees her like some older sister =/. And I agree with your quoting.....Hoo-hah-hoo!

But still, You want a new game or a copy of SC3's mode? I think there's actually several ways to improve it.
Arghhhh..... I meant that the format (or whatever you call it) should be based on that! Is it so difficult? Of course there'll be improvements, or else I'd be still playing SC3 -_-
WHATEVER!

The story is absolutely a decisive point for casual players who like to 'dig' deeper into the game. But that would not be my priority. I would be much more concerned about this new game having a longer shelf life, as I previously stated in one of my older posts. One thing where there's no discussion point tho, is that SC4's story mode was absolute shit. The plot didn't have any logical sense and looked weak when compared to previous efforts.

They got a lot of room for improvement just by the mere fact of advancing the timeline forward. I hope they can achieve that much desired middle point between balanced gameplay and rich story, so all parts can be satisfied as much as possible.

I think the story of SC is what sets it apart from other fighters, at least for me. It's set in a historical fantasy time period, so there's more room for plausibility within the framework of the narrative aside from just "big guy with lots of grabs", "zoner-outer", and "frame trap whore".

Technically, many fighting games are similar at some level or another. It's the style that differentiates them (art direction, story, voice acting, etc).

Personally, the character dynamics and storyline are what attracted me to SC to begin with. I would love to see 10-15 of the "staple" characters remain and be given new, original storylines. Aside from that, I am very excited to see who the 10-15 new characters are. I love getting to know new characters, their backgrounds, origins, motives, weapon styles, and how their stories are intertwined with other characters'. That is part of SC's charm. I really hope Namco extends upon this.

.hack and Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm developer CyberConnect2 are working with Project Soul on Soulcalibur V. Decked out in Naruto cosplay, Hiroshi Matsuyama, CEO, announced they are working on the game’s story mode. One of the things CyberConnect2 is doing is creating storyboards for Soulcalibur V.

Matsuyama assured that while Lars was a guest character in Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2, Naruto will not make a cameo in Soulcalibur V.

Also during the Namco Bandai fight club panel, producer at Hisaharu Toga said to fans Taki is not dead. The team wanted to show Natsu, Taki’s apprentice first, instead of showing Taki who aged 17 years after the events in Soulcalibur IV. Natsu will not be a Taki clone either. She has her own fighting style and many teleporting moves.

Sosososoo we will see Taki?

happypeople1.jpg

Back