SCV Story Speculation/Discussion

First the guests and now the story... Why on earth do they depend on others as well? I just hope they are not gonna bring designers from other companies in a few years to create new moves or balance stuff... SCV, as it seems, isn't entirely Namco's game...

First the guests and now the story... Why on earth do they depend on others as well? I just hope they are not gonna bring designers from other companies in a few years to create new moves or balance stuff... SCV, as it seems, isn't entirely Namco's game...
So

CC2 will focus and put efforts only on the story mode
and
Namco guys can focus more on the true game

It's a win-win imho

Cyberconnect 2 has primarily made only Naruto and .hack games. Are those games known for having good story and storyline presentation?
Let me put it this way... Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 has probably the best single player experience of ANY fighting game ever made. It's worth buying for the single player alone. The multiplayer in the Narutimate series has not been good since Narutimate Hero 3; but the single player at this point is exceptional.

CC2 creating the story mode, Namco is really putting some effort to match up with MK9. These are great news, what I love the most on the SC series is the story mode :D

So Natsu has a demon inside of her, she's Taki's disciple, and Taki is a demon slayer. Isn't it, then, Taki's duty to slay Natsu's demon? It could make an interesting storyline for the two, but if it was their storyline in SCV, it would be hard to follow through with it if Taki wasn't playable. Just a speculation of course... I am very excited to see what they do with the story either way.

She actually has a demon inside her in her profile.
When I read that the first time, the first thing that came to mind was Naruto and the nine-tailed fox [and the fact she's a light-haired ninja]. I just hope that don't make the story reminisent to Naruto's other than that part.

Yeah I tend to agree...that's one less thing to worry about. I felt that the time frame they set was too short for the amount of stuff people want in SCv. Good to see the single player is getting just as much focus as the multiplayer.

Windstar...So who do you figure is the crazy woman at the beginning of the character trailer, aiming to live forever with pyrrha?

The obvious choice is Sophitia, and I'd probably pick her as well. Still, they could throw us for a loop and it could also be Tira or someone we haven't seen before or met (someone who could be in Pyrrha story), so it's up in the air. I'd still go with Sophitia, but I'm open to the idea that it might not be her.

Just remembered that Lars (yes, the Lars from Tekken) was in Naruto: UNS2. And now we have another CC2/NB collaboration. If they hadn't put Star Wars characters in the last SC I'd say it would be too insane to think so but Naruto characters may very well be guest characters in this....

CC2's also working on Asura's Wrath, though that's with Capcom so that seems less likely.

Just remembered that Lars (yes, the Lars from Tekken) was in Naruto: UNS2. And now we have another CC2/NB collaboration. If they hadn't put Star Wars characters in the last SC I'd say it would be too insane to think so but Naruto characters may very well be guest characters in this....

CC2's also working on Asura's Wrath, though that's with Capcom so that seems less likely.

But it said no Naruto characters, didn't it?

I would guess that it's Sophitia who is talking to Pyrrha in the trailer. She does, however, sound a bit demented. Should we consider this as an approval that Sophitia-Nightmare is the boss?

Let me put it this way... Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 has probably the best single player experience of ANY fighting game ever made. It's worth buying for the single player alone. The multiplayer in the Narutimate series has not been good since Narutimate Hero 3; but the single player at this point is exceptional.

Ehm, yes, the cutscenes are wonderful, no one like CC to recreate an anime feeling with 3d graphics. But the actual writing of the story is bad, even when the source for the game is also a bad manga like Naruto.

CyberConnect is not making the cutscenes for SC V, they are only writing the script and that's why it doesn't make any sense.

I have played recently their last Naruto game and the story mode has two parts. The main one follows the manga/anime with flashy cutscenes and boss fights and very light writing. After that a sidestory opens, which is plain terrible and generic.
When they had the chance to create original content for the game they failed, that's why I can't see them doing a good work.

I'm tired already of people complaining about Namco taking the series to this direction. People just don't seem to get it, so I'll just try to put it as simple as it could be.

As of SCIV, this series is disturbingly stuck, at least story-wise. Have you even played the "Story mode in" SCIV? IT SUCKS. Anyone who's not a fan of the series barely understood why everyone was trying to get/destroy a big shiny sword, and that's if you read that huge, slow-moving wall of text after you choose your character. You weren't told absolutely anything about who a character was, what Soul Edge and Soul Ccalibur were or why you wanted them. You just fought a bunch of weirdos, who you weren't told anything about either, got to the boss, see a nonsense animation and that's about it. Uh, and even more confusing is to play with a different character and see that something different happens.

How does this relate to a 17 year skip? Advancing in the story would be simply impossible without making something silly. With such a long time skip you're given the opportunity of a complete makeover. Start from scratch and implement past stories to convenience. You have a whole new setting to explain, a very long story to tell, and a whole new world to explore. This is called fresh air, and it's really good for franchises that are supposed to be dead already. Various series have done this the wrong way, ending in complete failure. Mortal Kombat just made everyone older and killed a few fan favorites. Street Fighter just deleted all veterans with three exceptions and made a whole new cast. Namco is taking precautions and avoiding all these mistakes. Anyone who can no longer give anything good juice to the cup is being replaced, and not just killed like you know... LIU KANG!? They're also avoiding deleting too many characters by setting a standard: Half of the cast new, half of the cast veterans; And as we can see, it's a VERY careful selection, to the point of Taki not passing it. But whoever doesn't pass and is iconic to the series is being replaced by someone similar. If this method, However, doesn't work, there's 17 long years to make quite a few games for nostalgic gamers of tomorrow (AKA, us. LOL). If you're not confident about this just look at the great job they did with Tekken 3. Have hope.

Besides, it looks like the folks at Namco are doing a good job, and that they're concerned about the story. Otherwise, why would they decide to take such a drastic jump instead of just making another generic sequel and keep the series even more stuck? There's a reason why they're doing what they do, it's not just doing it to sell. If anyone still remembers, they're making this game just because of us. We made a petition and worked really hard in getting a ridiculously big amount of people sing in, so that they made a new game for a series that was already over, yes, SC was supposed to be dead, we all know it. Always remember that before you start talking shit about Namco and say that they're just doing it to sell. Everything we've seen so far looks amazing to me, and they're taking seriously the most important part: the gameplay. It's definitely a huge step in the series, with a complete makeover in most aspects. Remember that the SC we know is basically over, this is a new chapter, which means we're actually lucky to get half of the characters familiar faces. So, anything apart from gameplay is just nice extras that will be really appreciated, but it's not what truly matters in a fighting game, less a game like a SC.

In less words, stop fanwarking and let serious, experienced people do their job.

Daishi said that it's an opportunity to introduce new characters and mix them with old ones,and he also said that it's going to be extremely original.

Didn't I say a lot of that in the other topix? Copyright infringements, wtfux?!

there's already a thread you can discuss this in.

Sorry, but I'm trying to keep the forum as clean as possible.
Please search at least the first couple pages before starting a new one.

Back