SCV Story Speculation/Discussion

SolidSonic

[09] Warrior
We've known what Soul Edge's spirit looks like since the start (started off as a pink plasmatic-being in Blade then became a being of ethereal fire until III when...well, it's just Nightmare) but so far Soul Calibur's spirit has yet to be seen.

Maybe it could serve as this game's final boss.

EDIT: I feel like my opening post seems less meaningful now that the thread title is different than what I created it under (it has no context without a related title).

Well, Odashima was talking about how the recent games retained the Soul Calibur name, yet focused more on Soul Edge...yet the new game still is still called Soul Calibur. It's possible.

Schwarzwind is the name of Siegfried's band of "rebels" before he got consumed by Soul Edge and turned into Nightmare.

Its german for "Black Wind".

it was probably just a story/concept sketch for Sieg that they were being funny with ><

Schwarzwind concept art dates back to SC1. And they have been firmly rooted in Siegfrieds story since the original Soul Edge/Blade. Does that mean theyll be actual playable characters now? Hardly, but the possibility is there.

Yeah, think of Siegfried as Griffith, and Schwarzwind as the Band of the Hawk... from Berserk.

One thing is for sure, If SoulCalibur will ever gain a physical human form, it would be a woman since in Sophitia's ending in SC4 SoulCalibur does speak and it is the voice of a woman... Her name would need to contradict Nightmare's as well but Dream seems kinda vague and uncreative for a name

I think you got Sophitia's ending, in which Soul Edge speaks to her in this twisted, manly voice before trying to swallow her soul, with Cassandra's in which Soul Calibur argues with her in a female voice right before being snapped in two, mixed up.

Soul Edge's spirit's name was Inferno right? Maybe something water base might work as well.

Siegfried's father's mercenary company. They've been around since Soul Calibur 1. There's some old pictures of them hanging around. After Siegfried killed his father he ran from the company and went off to pursue Soul Edge. As far as I know, Schwarzwind has never been seen again. There's no clue if they were killed off (either by Nightmare or otherwise) and there's very little information about them in successive games in the series.

In SC5, we might see them return, or Sieg decides to reform the company.

I think you got Sophitia's ending, in which Soul Edge speaks to her in this twisted, manly voice before trying to swallow her soul, with Cassandra's in which Soul Calibur argues with her in a female voice right before being snapped in two.

Soul Edge's spirit's name was Inferno right? Maybe something water base might work as well.

Oh yeah my bad!!! I meant to say Cassandra's ending but wrote Sophitia instead... I was thinking in her sister dunno why though (yes you do) XD

Schwarzwind also reminds me of other faction/bands:
iltLbU.jpg

One thing is for sure, If SoulCalibur will ever gain a physical human form, it would be a woman since in Sophitia's ending in SC4 SoulCalibur does speak and it is the voice of a woman... Her name would need to contradict Nightmare's as well but Dream seems kinda vague and uncreative for a name

Follows the Yin/Yang (or Tao) philosophy, really. Yin (Light/Female/Freedom) and Yang (Dark/Male/Order).

Perhaps the human form of SoulCalibur could be named of "Hope" since that is basically what the sword is supposed to bring to it wielder to bring hope in the fight against SoulEdge. Hope that the evil will someday be vanquished (hope not or the series would end XD)

....Yeah. That was the whole reason why Sophie went somewhat evil in SCIV, Tira captured Pyrrah and threated to kill her if she didn't destroy the Soul Calibur.

If I remember correctly Tira took Pyrrha as hostage in SCIV, basically telling Sophitia...

"Work for Soul Edge or I'll kill you daughter"... right? Don't quote me on this though, since it's been a while since I last played story mode lol.

Hmm, starting to wonder how everything played out during those 17 years now! :)

Since Tiras appearance in III her story has been dedicated to stalking and abducting sophie's kids - watch her ending in III. It does make me wonder if that will make patroklus the 'good egg' XD

Since Tiras appearance in III her story has been dedicated to stalking and abducting sophie's kids - watch her ending in III. It does make me wonder if that will make patroklus the 'good egg' XD

Back