SCV Yoshimitsu Q&A and General Discussion

What's the timing on the JF 4A series? I didn't use it in SC4 so I never bothered to learn it. I'd like to look into it now.

THeres a specific rhythm to it - sort of like a quick jazz drum beat kind of like a sped up version of "Shake Rattle and Roll"(At least in my mind lol). I learned it by getting the first just frame spin correct and then the others fell into place.

thanks for your advice RedDjinn, still having trouble pulling iMCF off in combat though.
Umm i actually have another question i want to ask you guys.
Ive been trying to get SDGF K,K(acrobatic bliss) right in training for some time now and i only get it like 30% or something, where that percent would be even less in a real fight
And the just frame one with 25% heal is extrmely rare, but atm im just looking to land safely.
So have you guys got any tips?
Also when should i press K the second time? right before i land, or after i land or in the millisecond i land ?

Thanks in advance

I can get the first level one (where you manage to stand up and flash green, but not the bliss pose) most of the time (and the bliss version when I'm very lucky). As far as I know, timing it so you press K just before you land has best results. []

Thanks for your reply
its getting a bit better as i train, but still far too unreliable to do in a real match, gonna try to press K right before i land and see how that works out

I get the first K most of the time (75%+?). The just frame is infrequent enough (5%?) that when I actually use it and the opponent struck the aGI, I saved the replay... because I don’t expect to see that again soon.

I ended up placing 2nd in the first SCV tournament I took part in. Lost two best of 5s after I went through winners. My style of Yoshi is definitely a big issue against very AS B reliant Pyrrhas... and just about everyone else who has a punisher like that. I need to get my offline poking game going. Felt good to JG her 66B (BE) for a round victory though. Time to study...

Also when should i press K the second time? right before i land, or after i land or in the millisecond i land ?

Thanks in advance

The timing seems different from SC4, at least to me. In SC5, if I time it as Yoshi hits the ground, I get the easy version about 95% (even online). The good version has to timed right before Yoshi hits the ground. I don't usually go for it, but if I do I can get it probably 30% of the time.

In SC4, the timing was different so that if I mistimed the good version, I would still get the normal version a lot. In SC5 it seems like all or nothing for the good version.

mld - congrats on placing 2nd! as for JG Pyrrha's 66B (BE), it's easier (for me) if you step the second hit to the left. My timing during matches is a little off for JGing... that's the other options as well. :)

Dr Dogg - i've managed to the 4A JFs 3 times after 3B it did about 134 damage. i don't like the fact that it's random when he recovers or when he doesn't... seems like it goes in bursts when he recovers..... i've been debating on adding this to my arsenal but i don't know how much i like the random aspect of it.

You can punish maxi's CE with yoshi's CE...

Honestly Maxi VS Yoshi is a bad match up for Yoshi... if you start JG'ing RC A,B Ill just stop at the A...

There's no need to JG the RC A. Just JG the B from RC AB. Attempting to JG the B from that string puts me at no risk and reduces the guard break damage you're doing to me.

I will say the match-up isn't in Yoshi's favor, but that doesn't mean Yoshi lacks the tools to deal with the match-up. Just because Maxi has an answer from each stance doesn't mean the Maxi player will guess correctly. I have a feeling Lolo has answers for Maxi but hasn't posted them up. He does play a very strong Maxi on a regular basis.

There's no need to JG the RC A. Just JG the B from RC AB. Attempting to JG the B from that string puts me at no risk and reduces the guard break damage you're doing to me.

I will say the match-up isn't in Yoshi's favor, but that doesn't mean Yoshi lacks the tools to deal with the match-up. Just because Maxi has an answer from each stance doesn't mean the Maxi player will guess correctly. I have a feeling Lolo has answers for Maxi but hasn't posted them up. He does play a very strong Maxi on a regular basis.

LOL lolo is playing maxi now...

Dr Dogg - i've managed to the 4A JFs 3 times after 3B it did about 134 damage. i don't like the fact that it's random when he recovers or when he doesn't... seems like it goes in bursts when he recovers..... i've been debating on adding this to my arsenal but i don't know how much i like the random aspect of it.

Yeah, I noticed that the recovery is randomly. I don't understand why PS decided to make Yoshi so random. It's frustrating to say the least. I think the only other character who has random attacks is Dampierre, and he's obviously the joke character.

LOL lolo is playing maxi now...

Did he drop Yoshi, or is Maxi his secondary?

I'm finding my main goal with Yoshi is to ride the wake up game as long as I can. His wake up game is really strong even though it's very risk/reward. Other than that I'm using poke to set up MCF and more wake up zazz.

Am I crazy or is 6K guaranteed after your opponent blocks A+B (Poison Breath)?

I tested it a bit in training mode and it seems to be the case.

I mained him in IV. However, I think he got hit too hard in the transition to V. Yoshi has lots MANY moves I really liked, or had them nerfed. Look at my list:
- 4KB's last hit can't be charged and released instantly
- Parting Thrust got harder to execute (I never used it a lot anyway - judge me)
- Intimidation and Reflection are gone (and with them useful moves, mainly lows, like INT A and MED A, also some of my favorite combos like 66 INT B, REF A DNKx2 3B and even mixup potential)
- 6B is gone (or at least changed input and I didn't notice) and with it my most used "combo": CH 6B bA.
- His Brave Edges seem useless
- 6K2K is gone

There might be more, but these are the ones that came to my mind. Can you convince me to keep him as my main? My current main is Nightmare (He was my 3rd in SCIV).

The moves you are missing weren't that great anyway!! Biggest change is his range is shorter and his whiff punishing is weaker without 44A+B. I've adapted to where I feel I'm approaching Yoshi 4 effectivenes and comfort.

The main thing that bothers me are the changes to Iron Fist Possession.

It was actually a pretty major part of my game in IV. It was also really fun.

Back