SCV Yoshimitsu Q&A and General Discussion

Hey, hope I'm posting in the right place.

I'm having a bit of trouble with aB+K (iMCF) and I'm having trouble executing it, I'm also trying to learn Yoshi and it seems like aB+K is in most of combo's.

Thanks guys and girls. :)

a:B+K is Parting Thrust. 2a:B is MCF. Are you using a stick or pad? Check out the Yoshi JF thread for vids of both!

a:B+K is Parting Thrust. 2a:B is MCF. Are you using a stick or pad? Check out the Yoshi JF thread for vids of both!

Oh yes sorry I did mean Parting Thrust (Doh!) And is it a Just Frame? On the move list looks just like a slide input.

Oh and I am also using a normal XBOX Controller

Ooo my, thats alot of pennies on your table!

But back on to the topic at hand, I only wanted to alt Yoshimitsu and I don't think I'll go as far as changing aorund buttons, but do you think there's an easier way without changing buttons, I have A as X and B+K as LB.

I was curious when a good time to throw in iMCF was to fish for counters. I think it is the final step in making my yoshi as unpredictable as possible

2 things that I think need addressing that we'll never see cause no plays him enough in the lime light to get attention.

-His stun off of MCF is way too short. For every brainless ch stun with no technical difficulty but for some reason allows 20 minutes of stun time in the game. Yoshi's stun off of considerably more difficult move barely gives you enough time to see it to be able to RCC into his better mix ups options.

-His ch MCF combos have whiffing problems that need to be addressed in the same manor Patroklos' were.

I doubt either will be resolved but really at least the whiffs should be.

2 things that I think need addressing that we'll never see cause no plays him enough in the lime light to get attention.

-His stun off of MCF is way too short. For every brainless ch stun with no technical difficulty but for some reason allows 20 minutes of stun time in the game. Yoshi's stun off of considerably more difficult move barely gives you enough time to see it to be able to RCC into his better mix ups options.

-His ch MCF combos have whiffing problems that need to be addressed in the same manor Patroklos' were.

I doubt either will be resolved but really at least the whiffs should be.

Honestly, I can't confirm very well at all after a CH iMCF and I have pretty decent reaction time. If you fuck up one slight bit you miss 3B so I almost have to yomi to get a launch after iMCF. It's pretty ridiculous.

I opt for 66B mostly after MCF unless I'm using a trap that I will assume will land then I'll RCC in preparation for 3B, a:B+K stuff if it does. After a:B+K, MCF RCC is easy of course but that can be harder to set up.

I've been catching everyone with 2K (hit) => iMCF... i remember Signia mentioning that it would technically be the fastest way to get iMCF out. it's a really nice tool. thanks again signia

but I haven't really had a problem reacting in time to RCC 3B. although, i get a 33B or 2B every now and then on the PS3 d pad :(

Gotta agree with you guys, if I iMCF under pressure I usually miss the opportunity to RCC 3B and end up using the 66B variant instead. Usually when I'm able to RCC 3B is, as Oboro said, when I'm in control or when I iMCF after another CH stun like a:B+K, 22K, 44bB. Or when I've prepared myself for when iMCF might more likely hit, such as after a 4B, 3B+K or 2K frame trap on block.

Which CH MCF combos whiff? Apart from MCF-bA I've been getting everything just fine

But back on to the topic at hand, I only wanted to alt Yoshimitsu and I don't think I'll go as far as changing aorund buttons, but do you think there's an easier way without changing buttons, I have A as X and B+K as LB.

If I'm not wrong, that's the way Lolo does a:B+K - using that button configuration.

A perfect flameless 44bB appears to be i16, not i17 as it says in the guide. This is important for punishing things like Natsu 66B or other moves that push out and are -16.

Just another JF to practice.. 44b:B

A perfect flameless 44bB appears to be i16, not i17 as it says in the guide. This is important for punishing things like Natsu 66B or other moves that push out and are -16.

Just another JF to practice.. 44b:B
I've noticed this, too. If only we could apply it to juggles again.. =/

Agreed. What tournament was it? I have been in a med study and couldn't watch tournaments last night.

I'll post the stream archive when it's up. My play was less than perfect but it was enough. All of the more well-known players got sent to losers in major upsets by our up-and-coming players, who I ended up crushing as I rode to grand finals, having had a relatively easy winner's bracket. Ah well, at least the GFs against King Salmon were won pretty convincingly.

I'll post the stream archive when it's up. My play was less than perfect but it was enough. All of the more well-known players got sent to losers in major upsets by our up-and-coming players, who I ended up crushing as I rode to grand finals, having had a relatively easy winner's bracket. Ah well, at least the GFs against King Salmon were won pretty convincingly.

Looking forward to the vids.. And congrats! :sc1yos1:

Back