SCV Yoshimitsu Q&A and General Discussion

Is anyone else getting tired of the combos that only work on certain chars? Plus random whiffs and bugs?

I was just against a Kilik who ended up as Yoshi, IND healing himself at say half screen on infinite stage, I go IND B and I end up doing the move in place rather than teleport over to him. Sooo annoying. This is just one of the random Yoshi mirror problems i've encountered

Random whiff I'm tired of: 22B
Combos that doesn't work on certain characters I'm tired of: 3B after 214A DNK/iMCF 66B DNK on Voldo and Viola

Just yesterday I was playing against Ezio, I did Yoshimitsu Flash while he was doing CE. It didn't GI but it interrupted his CE and jolted him to the ground. Wtf?

Random whiff I'm tired of: 22B
Combos that doesn't work on certain characters I'm tired of: 3B after 214A DNK/iMCF 66B DNK on Voldo and Viola

Just yesterday I was playing against Ezio, I did Yoshimitsu Flash while he was doing CE. It didn't GI but it interrupted his CE and jolted him to the ground. Wtf?

Yeah, I can barely use 22B anymore it whiffs so often.

You mean you A+K'd after the freeze?

Another one - when you DNK near the ring edge on some characters (Maxi, Asta, Nightmare spring to mind), but not quite close enough and it picks up and hits once then whiffs

While we're on the subject of DNK whiffs... is there a rule as to when 3B is guaranteed after DNK? Sometimes I get caught out by my 3B after DNK being blocked, and it's a really annoying way to throw a round. I know that if you're finishing a wall combo with something like 3B a:B+K DNK you don't get the 3B as well, but there are times when I've just done something like DGF K DNK 3B and the 3B has been blocked when I thought it was meant to be guaranteed.

Agreed that 22B is practically unusable, but I feel like there are other moves that you can use in the majority of situations you'd use 22B anyway so it's not a huge deal... the only time I'll go for it is when I've stepped a move that TCs, where 22K would miss.

Is anyone else getting tired of the combos that only work on certain chars? Plus random whiffs and bugs?

I was just against a Kilik who ended up as Yoshi, IND healing himself at say half screen on infinite stage, I go IND B and I end up doing the move in place rather than teleport over to him. Sooo annoying. This is just one of the random Yoshi mirror problems i've encountered

Yeah that happened to me also...a few times but I wasn't keeping track of who I was fighting. I think both times they had moved to the far edge of the screen and my teleport did nothing...kept me in the same location.

While we're on the subject of DNK whiffs... is there a rule as to when 3B is guaranteed after DNK? Sometimes I get caught out by my 3B after DNK being blocked, and it's a really annoying way to throw a round. I know that if you're finishing a wall combo with something like 3B a:B+K DNK you don't get the 3B as well, but there are times when I've just done something like DGF K DNK 3B and the 3B has been blocked when I thought it was meant to be guaranteed.

Agreed that 22B is practically unusable, but I feel like there are other moves that you can use in the majority of situations you'd use 22B anyway so it's not a huge deal... the only time I'll go for it is when I've stepped a move that TCs, where 22K would miss.

If you're in alignment with opponent 22B is a sneaky ring out move if they're near the edge, just need to learn the distance of the move and hit them with the tip of it. I've done that several times and people don't expect it because of it's medium range.

Good to see some Yoshi at evo. The timing wasn't great for us Europeans, but I managed to catch all of the pool play and some of the elimination bracket... saw a couple of good games from Signia, and a couple of other Yoshis that I can't remember who they were.

Yeah Signia was the only good Yoshi I saw on stream. It was shocking the others I saw even made it out of their small pools, no disrespect.

A lot of people still don't have much matchup knowledge against Yoshi. One gets away with deathcopter traps pretty easily for the most part. @mkl you're absolutely right though, there was this one Yoshi I saw who kept doing 3A, 3AB, 3A, 3AB and expecting - I think it was LinkRKC?- to eat the B. Repeatedly. No JFs, too. At least there's Signia who was on point with not just JFs, but JGs too, nice.

Btw Signia, the Yoshi player Shenyuan said he plays with in Singapore is uh, me. Lol.

So how do I cancel crouch to do combos like CH iMCF -> 3B?
Tap any direction other than down, down-back, and down-forward. The dash gets you out of the crouch. The best Recover Crouch Cancel is when you attack as soon as the dash would start.

I suggest doing iMCF and then immediately buffering a dash. Look at when Yoshi starts moving and that's the timing for pressing 3B.

Did you play at EVO?
I saw so many Yoshis in my bracket for some reason it was annoying as hell.
I was in D25.
Food for thought I suppose, DNK +3b works with one particular stun thats neat but strictly timing based. I can't help but feel like throwing out 3b is based on the characters positioning and how they land after being hit.

If you CH a:bk, it will give you the opportunity to get a DNK hit, but if you throw it out early you will not be able to 3b them.
After landing CH a:bk if you wait till their knees literally hit the ground you will be able to DNK them and 3b will be guaranteed in that combo. A ton of Yoshis DNK properties are odd.
I've posted on some other thread about how Deathcopter/SDF B can give you DNK combos as well with 3b guaranteed.
Provides stupid amounts of damage and unfair Ringout properties.
A lot of people still don't have much matchup knowledge against Yoshi. One gets away with deathcopter traps pretty easily for the most part. @mkl you're absolutely right though, there was this one Yoshi I saw who kept doing 3A, 3AB, 3A, 3AB and expecting - I think it was LinkRKC?- to eat the B. Repeatedly. No JFs, too. At least there's Signia who was on point with not just JFs, but JGs too, nice.

That was my dumbass. I don't know what it is about livestream, but I completely forgot how to play the game there. I made it out of my pool, but had to play like 7 rounds straight since that streamed match held our bracket up for like 30 minutes lol..

Did you play at EVO?
Nope I live in the UK, EVO's a bit of a trek...

Food for thought I suppose, DNK +3b works with one particular stun thats neat but strictly timing based. I can't help but feel like throwing out 3b is based on the characters positioning and how they land after being hit.
If you CH a:bk, it will give you the opportunity to get a DNK hit, but if you throw it out early you will not be able to 3b them.
After landing CH a:bk if you wait till their knees literally hit the ground you will be able to DNK them and 3b will be guaranteed in that combo. A ton of Yoshis DNK properties are odd.

Will play around with this, though I always iMCF RCC 3B etc. after a:B+K CH anyway.

I've posted on some other thread about how Deathcopter/SDF B can give you DNK combos as well with 3b guaranteed.
Provides stupid amounts of damage and unfair Ringout properties.

Sounds completely broken :)

Seems like 9B+K K is wrong too. I can punish the 9B+K with my 6kk (i14) but not the K.

If I find anything else while I'm messing around I'll just edit it into this post to avoid spamming up the thread.

Back