SCV Yoshimitsu Q&A and General Discussion

You're not a true Yoshi main if you're not willing to make him work. Win or lose.

Viola isn't impossible to beat. You just have to treat her like a sports car like Yoshi. Know her strengths, weaknesses, and what your opponent does with her. Keep it simple. It's more productive to think more positive like: what moves is she using to set-up and how can I get by that? Or what move is my opponent using that gets me into Violas combos? What pokes annoy me because I eat them a lot?

Stuff like that. I'm being this hard on you because if you're a true Yoshi main, put in a bit more work and stop envying/hating/etc other characters.

Lost to Therm and Ringout. Ringout lost to ARU twice. Neither of us made it outta the 10am 2/3 pool of death.

On an unrelated note. What's everyones opinion on 66K? In my opinion it seems like a good punisher, applys pressure and leads to a wall hit after iMCF CH however is there a better alternative considering I often get punished using it.

On an unrelated note. What's everyones opinion on 66K? In my opinion it seems like a good punisher, applys pressure and leads to a wall hit after iMCF CH however is there a better alternative considering I often get punished using it.

66K is only -10 on block so you usually should be safe. I use it to setup iMCF or 214A if they're trying to do certain things after blocking it. Because of its fat hitbox I feel like it is one of his more reliable ways of getting it and applying pressure against characters who have great spacing. Certain characters (Natsu in particular) can make you feel really fucking stupid for using it though.

can anyone help me with the 4A just frame?

Like what Koko said, you have to find the rythmn for it.

I will say the window is too strict honestly, but the properties you get from it are both amazing and stylish.

Heres a tip: usually I press A right before the fist faces the opponent when your spinning. That should give you a general idea for finding the rythmn. Good luck!

I've just started playing with moves that, if you do after a follow up is blocked, you will get thrown out of it. Do you ever feel like you sometimes get thrown out of a crouching move??!

For example, FC1A, if you try to FCB after it is blocked, you can get thrown. However, WRB hits.

It's almost like some of his FC moves do have a window where he is standing.

Useful to know, because if you know them all, you can apply the right combination of moves to keep the pressure on without getting thrown out randomly. Or, if you know it for other chars, you can throw them out of certain combinations. Especially useful considering that, you know at the time which button they are pressing in the combination, so chances are if you use the opposite throw it will catch..

4AAAA series, you cannot even 2A or 2K on block, you will get thrown. You can crouch first and it will work..

Also, you cannot 2A, 2A or 2B 2B. You can 2A, 2B though, but not WRB. It's bloody confusing. 2k 2k works.

Good to know counter-wise as well. for instance, if you block Hilde 2A, you can throw her out of 2K.

EDIT: Nevermind the throws, it's any high will catch. Going back to Hilde 2A, 2K - you can even 6K her out of 2K. They can delay it but if they don't you get the counter. Same with 6A into HP throw..

High's just got a bit more useful..

I've just started playing with moves that, if you do after a follow up is blocked, you will get thrown out of it. Do you ever feel like you sometimes get thrown out of a crouching move??!
TC moves are only TC for a certain window during their animation and can be hit by highs at any point they aren't TCed. Generic 2As and 2Ks have significantly slower and smaller TC windows than their animations would suggest.

The character wikis should have TC frame data in the notes section of each TC move, although presently only some wikis have the TC startup frames and even fewer have the end frames.

I have 2 questions.

Does 4AAAAAAAAAAAAA force the opponent to stand if they are hit by it? Or can they simply duck after blocking it? If the latter is the case, what is the point of nailing the Just Frame?

Would you say Yoshi is a gimmicky character?

I have 2 questions.

Does 4AAAAAAAAAAAAA force the opponent to stand if they are hit by it? Or can they simply duck after blocking it? If the latter is the case, what is the point of nailing the Just Frame?

Would you say Yoshi is a gimmicky character?

My scrubby ramble...

The thing is, it combos into itself. Even on guard it pushes back and you won't even have the chance to even duck if you block the first hit at point blank range since it's -9. You can't escape it once I do it to you on CH. Especially if I nail the JF on you. Then I can go for a DNK, but I'm sure the expert Yoshis have done something more on the strict combo more damage big risk big reward thing.

In fact, I could relaunch you into the air so I aB+K you for more damage follow-ups from either 66A+B or DeathCopter. That is if I got the recovery. Other times, I can do it nonchalantly against someone who steps carelessly.

It guard crushes and it's a NCC thing I use quite a bit if it's the JF 4A series. If I'm not mistaken, I did use this move on you a bit MeatHook. Sure it's gimmicky, but I could just stop midway and go for a iMCF if I wanted to. I've actually saw Ringout and other Yoshis do this quite a bit.

I mean in SCIV, Yoshi had tons of gimmicks and still was very solid despite that. However in SCV, I think this move has a niche than it did in SCIV. In my scrubby opinion that is. Sure it puts Yoshi on the floor and I may get blown up for it, but I already know I'm taking a risk with this move. I have landed on some competent players and went for the DNK combo to ring them out for the win(if I recover from the CH JF4A series).

Yoshi may not be great due to his gimmicks but he's not terrible unless your opponent really knows what the Yoshi they're going against will do.

Back