SDCC SoulCalibur Talk Summary

• Admin
As most of you probably know by now, the "BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Fighting Games 2016" panel has recently taken place at San Diego Comic-Con. There was no stream for this event, but thanks to Twitter we have some information about what was discussed. Below you can see the tweets from a twitter user who was present at the event.

I currently have no other details from this panel, but if you were present at the event, then feel free to post in the comments and I will add it to the OP. The takeaway is that if you want a new SoulCalibur, then you should make sure to spam the SoulCalibur Facebook group to express your interest.

SoulCalibur Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SoulCalibur

Michael Stabile

Michael Stabile

WHENS SOULCALIBUR VI
Yeah but... Auron is from FFX. From 2000. It's 2016.... I mean, I'd love to see him, but I don't think it'll happen.

Cloud or Sephiroth would certainly be the most likely choices. Square-enix allowed Cloud in Super Smash Bros. Wii U, and the remake of Cloud's game is coming soon, it would be a good way to increase hype if Cloud appeared as a guest in another game. And what else fits better for him than Soul Calibur?

Dude if we talk Final Fantasy guest characters Auron or bust.
Or Jecht :D But Auron would be awesome in a Soul game ^^

Cloud or Sephiroth would certainly be the most likely choices. Square-enix allowed Cloud in Super Smash Bros. Wii U, and the remake of Cloud's game is coming soon, it would be a good way to increase hype if Cloud appeared as a guest in another game. And what else fits better for him than Soul Calibur?
Though I really loved FF7, I don't think Cloud or Sephiroth would suit in the game...

Anyway, guests would be ok if 1. there were a SCVI, 2. we have enough characters in their roster (3. if it were Ezio again ^^)

Last edited:
I've checked Hoshino's twitter and his account posted for the first time since March. Not that it means much, but the fact that they're using it again after a nearly five month long hiatus might be foreshadowing for the future.

If there's gonna be a FF guest char, it would be from FFVII or FXV. Since those games are upcoming releases.
Probably FFVII since XV will be out by the time SCVI is released.

But as much as I adore Final Fantasy, I don't honestly think characters from VII or XV would fit well within the SC universe. But I don't think I'd complain if we got Cloud or Sephiroth or something.

Well the most logical choice would be FFVII since it's super popular and sometimes considered the best game ever (I disagree) AND it's getting a remake. I say it's impossible for Auron to appear, because he's from FFX, from 2000, so it would seem completely random.

And FF has got its own fighting series, so I doubt that we'll ever seen FF characters in SC. Which is a relief, must I add: they wouldn't suit the universe at all.

Certain characters would, I think, but that would be from the older games. Certainly more than Star Wars characters...

Indeed, older FF characters would be good in it. And I'm one of the few who enjoyed the Star Wars characters... At least, more than the SCII guests imho ^^

Well the most logical choice would be FFVII since it's super popular and sometimes considered the best game ever (I disagree) AND it's getting a remake. I say it's impossible for Auron to appear, because he's from FFX, from 2000, so it would seem completely random.
Yes, its the reason why I think that, if a guest for the Soul Calibur series comes from Final Fantasy, it will almost certainly be Cloud or Sephiroth, due to that game, and they are among the most known, if not THE most known hero/villain of the series.

And FF has got its own fighting series, so I doubt that we'll ever seen FF characters in SC. Which is a relief, must I add: they wouldn't suit the universe at all.
Having a fighting series didn't keep Cloud from going to Smash. Also, "fitting" is totally relative and we had weirder additions to the series (like all guests from SCII and SCIV, as well as Angol Fear and her anime face, and Lloyd Irving in SCL).

Having a fighting series didn't keep Cloud from going to Smash. Also, "fitting" is totally relative and we had weirder additions to the series (like all guests from SCII and SCIV, as well as Angol Fear and her anime face, and Lloyd Irving in SCL).
Smash isn't quite like Soul imho, it's a bit more goofy and "spectacular", Cloud is more of the spectacular type too. He and Sephiroth fly, they have materias, humongous weapons (imagine Sephirtoh's Masamune, either an incredible reach... or an incredible whiff)... And of course they come from a far different universe, technologically advanced and such, time travel backwards is a bit stupid... Forwards too, but Ezio is by far the best guest atm.

But it is relative indeed, and I agree with you: Heihashi, Spawn, Link, Lloyd, Angol Fear, the Star Wars crew... None of these was fitting in the game for a reason or another. But again, it's my own opinion.

So I'd rather have a less known guest that fits the series well rather than a mascot that ends up a waste of time and effort to create...

Live streams

8 Viewers
SavageDrumming
SavageDrumming
Rift Losses XD [1688/2000] ~ !youtube !discord
1 Viewers
ApolloXXXCreed
ApolloXXXCreed
[EN] [XBOX] for one to gain another has to lose /Grinding...

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974
Back