SDCC SoulCalibur Talk Summary

• Admin
As most of you probably know by now, the "BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Fighting Games 2016" panel has recently taken place at San Diego Comic-Con. There was no stream for this event, but thanks to Twitter we have some information about what was discussed. Below you can see the tweets from a twitter user who was present at the event.

I currently have no other details from this panel, but if you were present at the event, then feel free to post in the comments and I will add it to the OP. The takeaway is that if you want a new SoulCalibur, then you should make sure to spam the SoulCalibur Facebook group to express your interest.

SoulCalibur Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SoulCalibur

Michael Stabile

Michael Stabile

WHENS SOULCALIBUR VI
I'm quite a big FF fan, and when it comes to games after X, I say that they are still good or even great games.... For some people. But they are just that. They aren't FFs anymore. X-2 and XI were probably the biggest gaming disappointments in my life. I liked Lighting Returns, but it doesn't feel like an FF, really.
Imho, X-2 was more of a Final Fantasy than XIII... FFXIII was really stupid ("oh no! the leader is dead and even though we have 250 phoenix downs, we're gonna give up!"), and I finished it in barely 30 hours... I really don't like them :D

Back on "topic": Pyrrha should get reworked (I liked Patty Cakes), aPat and Pyrrhomega should disappear, Leixia, Xiba, and Natsu should go away or get reworked, Elysium should get reworked, Kilik should go back to normal, and if mimic there is, they should be like Necrid (plenty of styles at once, not a playable random button). I like new characters, but not if they replace old characters.

Regarding guests, I hope they end up like Ezio and fit the universe quite good. However, I liked SW characters better than Heihachi...

why is that exactly

sorry for super late reply but what Ryuhza said.

They say they're going to talk about it at the event, leading to so many people getting hyped up. And even then they barely said anything about it at all, even if they mentioned about the series in detail that would have been okay but nope they didn't even do that!

Plus people have been constantly "spamming" them on facebook and twitter about it for a good few years now, and they already know about it since they've replied to posts on facebook a number of times.

sorry for super late reply but what Ryuhza said.

They say they're going to talk about it at the event, leading to so many people getting hyped up. And even then they barely said anything about it at all, even if they mentioned about the series in detail that would have been okay but nope they didn't even do that!

Plus people have been constantly "spamming" them on facebook and twitter about it for a good few years now, and they already know about it since they've replied to posts on facebook a number of times.

I've legitimately forgotten what this was about lol

I really love how Harada is pissed in one of his last tweets xD

That's a great thing to do actually: since Hoshino goes all like "we should never have been silent" and then goes back to his cave, since the FB page isn't really answering, we should harass the only active Bamco employee! He'll be flooded with request, get angry, and ask the higher ups to answer to our spam! That's just brilliant! (And that's also the price to pay for a bad PR and treating us like second-zone players)^^

I don't know his level of English but Hoshino personally may not have written that Tweet but in any case you would think someone told him about what they wrote or they translated what he said to write.

Strange that that there's no JP version & that the answer was to a person directly & not to Joe Public...

Also strange to have that Tweet & then be silent again afterwards.

Last edited:
The last Tweet was at 1AM JP time (on a Sun night/Mon morn no less) & all of them are only in English- it ain't Hoshino.

Last edited:
Also, to think about it - Lightning would be nice choice (but only for SCV, not potentially upcoming SCVI), because of irony - FF13LR is nice game, but terrible FF, while SCV is nice SC(best fighting system so far and awesome online), but terrible game (5 years ago, when I wasn't really into fighting games - didn't care about balance, haven't played online - I wouldn't buy such a barebones of a game. Only thing worse than that now is SF5).
Dude if we talk Final Fantasy guest characters Auron or bust.

Live streams

5 Viewers
FuzzyCatGirl
FuzzyCatGirl
Soul Cal Saturday!!! Get in here!!!
2 Viewers
SC_Shadow78
SC_Shadow78
Ranked and then casual lobby (PC)
1 Viewers
Acehan_
Acehan_