Setsuka Combos

Sexy Setsuka Combos

Can someone please confirm this for me?

Setsuka Combo:

1B:B, 214~B, A+K-B, 214~3a:B = 68-Damage!

The above is the combo I have been using but I heard from the grape vine that......

1B:B, 1B:B, 214~3a:B = 73-Damage

and its guaranteed because even though u can shake after the second 1B:B the Umbrella comes out to fast.

Is the above for the second combo true in regards to being guaranteed because I can confirm the damage since I tested but not sure about the shake.

Sexy Setsuka Combos

as far as i now i think 12 frames should be enough to shake it. but it's very difficult.
I'll try and test it tomorrow

Sexy Setsuka Combos

I tested that out a while back when Suirad was discussing it with me, and sure enough, it's guaranteed.

Sexy Setsuka Combos

Unique-It's a combo. I tried to shake and got hit everytime for like 3 minutes straight.

Good find!!! :sc3set1:
smokin.gif

Edit: Damn Shenrei, share baby share!!!

Sexy Setsuka Combos

You can thank human typhoon for that combo, he's the one I saw doing it.

Reactions: LP
Sexy Setsuka Combos

Unique-Try this. While technically not a guaranteed combo, it is the equivalent of the infamous SC2 Nightmare DOS stun. (ultra extremely hard to shake on time for it to be blocked)

1B:B > 1B:B > 3B > Umbrella/JF Umbrella for 75+.

Check and see if it is useful for yourself.

I discarded the use of 1B:B myself since it gets GI too easily and it can be replaced for better punishing tools with spacing but this may make me bring it up again in my game.

Thanks for the motivation.
saevilw.gif

Sexy Setsuka Combos

about 1B:B 1B:B Jf umbrella:

yes i also tested it and can confirm it's true not that anyone would doubt angrel-san :D
i thought it was the same stun as after 4K where umbrella isn't guarenteed, but apparently you are right.
it is a nice combo indeed, it also looks a lot better then 1B:B 214~B A+K B JF umbrella

about 1B:B > 1B:B > 3B > Umbrella/JF Umbrella for 75+:

isn't 33B a better option since 33b is !17 and 3B is !19 and 33B can be combined with more damaging follow ups, like 214~3B:B 214~3a:B?

Sexy Setsuka Combos

The thing with 33B is that it doesn't have any of the accustomed properties.

It doesn't launch or stun for combos. It just hits and pushes back for a total of 66.

1)66BA-69 and for nice Front RO distance.

2)3B > 44B+K-76 and ok Front RO distance.

3)FC3B:B > JF Umbrella-77, best for damage.

4)3B > Umbrella/JF Umbrella-74 and 76 but considering the difficulty for the last one, better to scrap this for 44B+K unless you like feeling fancy.

Reminder-These aren't guaranteed combos but considering the type of stun and the reward of hitting them while opponent shakes out (damage boost) , I think is worth it. Stacked damge on it's own and more if shaken and still hits.

Sexy Setsuka Combos

3)FC3B:B > JF Umbrella-77, best for damage.

i was also thinking about this one and was going to test it tomorrow but i hoped it was goingto do more damage. since no ungaruanteed combo does a lot of extra damage i think i'm going to stick with 1B:B 1B:B JF umbrella. i take my risk on the match not having to depend on the 3 damage more. although i know i'm going to curse extremely hard the first match it WILL make the difference.

Sexy Setsuka Combos

1B:B 1B:B 214~B A+K B 214~3a:B hits 2 frames earlier then 3B combo's and does 80 damage. also a nice option.

Call me lazy....

1B:B 214B A+K B jf:Umbrella is a staple. (64-68)

1B:B 214 3B:B, A+K B, jf:Umbrella (61-64) (less damage than above, but the last Umbrella has more time to land)

1B:B jf:Umbrella, 33B (58-61) (Why go through work when the simple stuff always lands)

IMO that stun isnt that hard to break.

D.I.N.O:

1B:B, 1B:B, 214~3a:B, 33B = Best (Can't remember but its at least 73-Damage or more)
1B:B, 214B, A+KB, 214~3a:B = Second Best (68-Damage)

nope i tried it a couple of times and i always get 66. and the JF umbrella after that 214B is very hard to do.
the best guaranteed options still remains as somthing unique said 1B:B 1B:B Jf umbrella (73), the 33B after that is techable to her right i think.

Wheeeeeew, thanks for these combos im really kicking ass with these even thought the JF's are hard i'm really improving with these but question are their any combo's that DON'T require JF imputs or that could be used without the umbrella JF'd

Wheeeeeew, thanks for these combos im really kicking ass with these even thought the JF's are hard i'm really improving with these but question are their any combo's that DON'T require JF imputs or that could be used without the umbrella JF'd

Many combos in which JF umbrella is mentioned don't REQUIRE a JF, unless it is after 214~3B:B or 214B.

But really, any combo that doesn't utilize JFs is generally pretty weak in damage, though there are some like CH4A 3B bA.

Back