Setsuka Combos

Sexy Setsuka Combos

cheese: thats strange... i catch people alot who try to roll away with A+K, B... if they are grounded i try to 236236 into A+K, B for laying or rolling opponent... or dash in to get them to stand up and mix-up between throws or B+K stuff... maybe they are not used to setsuka as well as ur opponents... lol...
p.s. if u could please post up a list of what umbrella catches as a TT...

Sexy Setsuka Combos

Thanks Shenrei! I think I'll start doing 33B Umbrella and 1B:B Umbrella in tourneys from now on, in the mean time I'll try to either get the combos into muscle memory better or learn to deal with pressure.

Sexy Setsuka Combos

cheese: thats strange... i catch people alot who try to roll away with A+K, B... if they are grounded i try to 236236 into A+K, B for laying or rolling opponent... or dash in to get them to stand up and mix-up between throws or B+K stuff... maybe they are not used to setsuka as well as ur opponents... lol...
p.s. if u could please post up a list of what umbrella catches as a TT...

The list is somewhere here. Angrel-San made it.

And yes your sparing partners are not used to this yet I guess. Its just like blocking lows, you just need to react fast enough. In A+KB situation it's even easier because you recognize it faster and you need to simple block instead G2 (as we know it take more time to make G2 then G).

Sexy Setsuka Combos

I don't think anyone's done Yoda combos yet, right? Here are the main good ones I can find, some are the same as always but might as well have them all together:

Normal hit 33B, 44B+K or umbrella

CH 33B, 6K, A+KB, umbrella

1B:B, 6K, A+KB, umbrella

CH 6K, A+KB, umbrella

CH WS B, A+KB, umbrella

CH 11A, 236 A+KB, umbrella

NOTE: 22A+B does not combo from 2A+B, B+K series does not work, and 1A series does not work.

Given that Yoda has no reason to duck, I think you'll have to resort to a more patient gameplan and bait whiffs to win this one...

Sexy Setsuka Combos

ch 4a b+k series is inconsistent for me sometimes they just hit the ground and the b+k misses has anyone else had this problem?

i thought maybe its just something that happens online or maybe it has to do with what move they get ch on causing them to fall a different way

Sexy Setsuka Combos

It might be a distance thing. Sometimes the B+K whiffs if you're too far. Usually I'd just try to time the B+K to come right after the CH, but sometimes the distance will throw off the timing of the 61B.

Sexy Setsuka Combos

ch 4a b+k series is inconsistent for me sometimes they just hit the ground and the b+k misses has anyone else had this problem?

if you're doing it slow to hit-confirm the CH, then the B+K will whiff. you might wanna do it faster...

if you're doing this online, well then... good luck playing setsuka, sir.

Sexy Setsuka Combos

is 214 a necessity for umbrella to work in combos or would i still be able to do umbrella combos from just sliding 2g to 3. I still can't get umbrella correctly during combos :l so i can't really test it myself....

Sexy Setsuka Combos

I believe 214 is necessary for most, if not all of her combos. It takes a couple of frames to actually enter FC from 2G, so by the time you are in FC you will have missed the window for the combo. I imagine CH 4A, 2G~3aB would work, but you are letting go of a lot of extra damage.

gen = starwars?

Sexy Setsuka Combos

Messing around a bit with wall combos-

A+B aGI level 6-7, B+K 61B 11A+B w! 33B 6K A+KB JF umb- 103 damage, very situational, but fun when it works :D also, 214~3 B:B followup after 33B won't work. it breaks wall stun o_O

1B:B 214~3B:B 22_88A+BA w! 22_88A+BA - 70 dmg. Umbrella seems to whiff after wall a lot but if you land umbrella instead of second 22_88A+BA, it's around 75 damage.

B+K 61B 11A+B W! 33B 214~3B:B JF umbrella-140 damage if they hit the wall again after umbrella, not sure of damage without second wall splat though. (more damage than B+K 61B 44B+K followup, and won't whiff.)

214~3B:B W! 33B 214~3B:B JF umbrella- 83 damage. May be able to get more by hitting wall again after umb.

Sexy Setsuka Combos

idk if this has been posted, but...

11_77B, WS K, Umbrella

can't be air controlled. A Nice 67 dmg combo.

Sexy Setsuka Combos

so i've been playing Sets for a couple weeks now, and i'm just starting to get to the point where i can pull get most of her combos pretty reliably. So now that i've got those down, i was wondering if Sets had any good wall combos? What are her best wall splat set-ups?

*edit: actually I just noticed the ones a couple posts up, but keep em comin if anyone knows any more

I'd also kinda like to know what Setsuka's best ring out combos are. Like, which ones combos knock the opponent furthest back in each direction

Sexy Setsuka Combos

So I just saw a video where sets pulled off CH 22A BT B+K:B A+KB JF Umbrella

And while I don't think this is a combo it seems like it might be because they have "faceplant" frames. I can't test it, because I'm not around my PS3 atm, and won't be for a while.

Can anyone confirm this? Or did the other guy just not tech, and it's only really viable as a mixup.

Sexy Setsuka Combos

Setsuka tech traps

I don't know what is already known, so i'll just show everything I found:

2B+K
-214 3a:B (Tech traps every direction)
-214 3aB (Tech traps every direction)

33_66_99A+B
-B+K series (Tech traps every direction but right)
-22_88A+B (Tech traps every direction)
-66B+K (Tech traps every direction but normal and right)

66B+K
-BT B+K:B (Tech traps every direction but right; second hit only lands on left tech =-/ )

CH 33_99B
-11_77B (Tech traps every direction; right tech leaves you BT)

-214 3B:B (Tech traps every direction except left and right)

And....
My personal favorite....
Since 123 is clear as daylight, this helps in a way...
(Even though 2A+B can also be blocked off reaction, but that's beside the point!)

2A+B
-1A:A:A (Tech traps every direction but right)

--------------

A+G
-11_77B (Tech traps every direction but left)
-33_66_99A+B (Tech traps every direction but left and right)

214B+G
-11_77B (Tech traps every direction but left and right)
-33_66_99A+B (Tech traps every direction but left and right)

That's all I got for now.

Back