Setsuka Combos

Sexy Setsuka Combos

Can someone confirm?

CH4A 33B 2143B:B A+KB 22A+BA

The 22A+BA must be input very early, or it will whiff. It seems kind of tricky. Does ~1 dmg less than ending it with JF Umbrella but with the 22A+BA ender, your opponent is at a much more disadvantageous position with your wakeup.

[youtube=Combo]FgcOXaHOOf0[/youtube]

Sexy Setsuka Combos

I think this might not work on some smaller characters. I was trying this against Sophie and I had a helluva time getting it to hit. Tried it on mitsu and I could get it every time. Don't know what the bar is but I tried on Hilde and it worked all the time as well. Nice find btw, this could be very useful.

Sexy Setsuka Combos

Can somebody tell me what's wrong with this?

1B:B, 1B:B, 2A+B, A+K B, 214~3aB

Sexy Setsuka Combos

IIRC, doing :1::B:::B: twice in a row knocks them out of the crumple, and they can block the :2::A:+:B:. Either that, or it knocks them down, and they can tech out of the :2::A:+:B:.

I remember trying to build combos from double :1::B:::B:, and the 2nd one just hoses most hope of a significant combo.

Sexy Setsuka Combos

Can someone confirm?

CH4A 33B 2143B:B A+KB 22A+BA

The 22A+BA must be input very early, or it will whiff. It seems kind of tricky. Does ~1 dmg less than ending it with JF Umbrella but with the 22A+BA ender, your opponent is at a much more disadvantageous position with your wakeup.

It’s guaranteed, but it’s not. What I mean is that Setsuka saying "yes, I’m able to confirm with previous hit, my 22A+B is fast enough to connect and opponent can’t defend". But in the other hand opponent say "Sorry, but your fc3B:B is putting me off axis, and usually my body after it will be a little on one of the sides. Your 22A+B will be not able to reach me it this situation".

So its looks like that. 22A+B is really fast enough, we can check this by doing ch 4A A+KB 2362A+BA, it will always connect (at least vs most characters). But fc3B:B really turns around opponent a little and sometimes it will not affect in the position of opponent but usually it will. Still, 22A+B in this situation is very good techtrap on all directions for a half of the life bar.

Sexy Setsuka Combos

Thanks for confirming pimp cheese. Looks like this is something that's used at your discretion. Damn the inconsistencies. I don't think there's a character with more inconsistencies than Setsuka. You have this, you have her 1A:A:A with the third hit missing on Amy and maybe other characters, 33B / B+K going through Voldo, post 4K weirdness, the camera not making up it's mind after A+KB, her going BT or not after A+KB.

Ah well. She's awesome anyway.

Sexy Setsuka Combos

Wait... am I gathering from this thread that 22A+B,A is a valid followup to A+K,B or is it just in a few scenarios? I know for people like me who are not consistent with the umbrella after A+K,B it might be worth the decreased damage but improved wakeup game using this instead.

Sexy Setsuka Combos

22A+BA is only semi-valid when the A+K B pick up leaves the opponent very close in the air, like post 2143B:B in a combo and perhaps after the A+G throw, I need to check on the A throw though.

Sexy Setsuka Combos

Wait... am I gathering from this thread that 22A+B,A is a valid followup to A+K,B or is it just in a few scenarios? I know for people like me who are not consistent with the umbrella after A+K,B it might be worth the decreased damage but improved wakeup game using this instead.

I'm pretty sure it's only in the case of CH 4A since it spins the opponent backwards.

I could be wrong (frankly, I hope I am!), but I think this is the case.

Sexy Setsuka Combos

Yes, I didn’t check all moves because I know that after most of them sets is too far after A+KB, but most likely only after ch 4A A+KB (on normal standing opponent) she can make 22A+B all the time. But of course dmg is really small.

So what you should do after it? Umbrella, of course. I know someone can have problems with that but I think with some longer practice it shouldn’t be a problem. A+KB umbrella is really nothing hard, when you compare it with some of her basics combos in sc3, with you had to know on higher level (back then, timing in some combos was really strict). So what i want to say is that you should just train that A+KB umbrella all week, if week is not enough then month or two. Practice can take long time but sooner or later you will start doing it most of the time.

Thanks for confirming pimp cheese. Looks like this is something that's used at your discretion. Damn the inconsistencies. I don't think there's a character with more inconsistencies than Setsuka. You have this, you have her 1AA with the third hit missing on Amy and maybe other characters, 33B / B+K going through Voldo, post 4K weirdness, the camera not making up it's mind after A+KB, her going BT or not after A+KB
A+KB not guaranteed on few characters, A+KA active frames random, A+G RO random, ch4A a:G:B sometimes hitting sometimes not, 66B wall glith that gives no wall splat, ch 33B fc3B:B jf umbrella unconnectable from some range, A+KB inconsistent hit box, 214B+G JFumbrella inconsistent on asta, G9K that often whiff and there’s probably more that I don’t remember or yet don’t know:P. But yeh, it's so much fun xD.

Sexy Setsuka Combos

I always try umbrella after A+KB, but my success rate is none too good (maybe 50%). When I go into practice mode, I can do it every time, but in a match I tend to screw up the timing of when to start buffering it. I'll just keep working on it.

Sexy Setsuka Combos

I know it's shakable, but...

-a:gB, (You can be a little further away than you think and you can link other things into this. I like ending it quick with aB but the timing's all funky.)
-bA (Decent damage for 2 moves.)

I dunno. didn't see them listed.

Sexy Setsuka Combos

They aren't listed because those aren't really combos, but rather, mixups. Listing them here is fine, however. As 4K is a shakeable stun, I generally either go for a low, or a fast mid. Those fast mids would generally be 33B and 2143B:B. The faster the move, the faster they have to shake in order to avoid getting hit. 11A works well here too, as they have to shake and think about blocking low.

Sexy Setsuka Combos

Dunno if this is the right place to post this but i kinda have some issues with a combo and was kinda wondering if anyone know about it (Its the one from the combo video on the PSN). CH4a,33B,2143B:B, A+K B, Umbrella.

I basically have the problem that when i do A+K B, that the opponent flies to the side so i cant do the umbrella properly. I kinda cant figure out why it happens, sometimes im in practice mode just doing it 3 times in a row and then suddenly the next time they fly to the side (it happened in some games too). Just wondering, is this a glitch or am i doing something wrong?

Thx in advance
(if this is in wrong topic or its already stated somewhere, then im sorry but i couldnt find it)

Sexy Setsuka Combos

probably depending on the way they tech... it happens sometimes with setsuka's A+G throw... as long as they don't end up behind u, u should still be able to connect umbrella afterwards...

to cheese: hey did u know this? after 2B+K if u do umbrella its a tech trap... which means u can scare them into not getting up and eat 11B or A+K, B to umbrella... wonder what else has umbrella as a tech trap...

Sexy Setsuka Combos

Sure:), 2B+K was good for a techtrap settings already in sc3 (well it was even better back then) but i just get used to oldie sc3 2B+K (where it was really good) so now version from sc4 is really poor for me:p.
Remember that 11B exe is almost 1/2 of second, also A+KB take some time to exe and it's really not a big problem for opp to wait and block it on reaction. I know about it because i where trying to make A+KB on wakeup many times where i had opportunity for some guaranteed dmg (like A+G A+KB => A+KB) its like 5-10% of success when i where doing it. Almost every time they where just laying and starting guard just in time.
As for umbrella as a techtrap. It techtraps almost after everything, even after B+K 61B 11A+B xD.

Sexy Setsuka Combos

I need some tournament combos. Tourney nerves get to my unexperienced ass so easily that I mess up A+K B Umbrella almost always. The difference between playing a tourney vs a casual is so much bigger than I thought.

I was thinking of just stopping with A+K B in those combos and take the better wake. It is still 50+ damage off of CH 33B I think. Is there other stuff I could try until I get experienced enough under pressure?

Sexy Setsuka Combos

What combos are you talking about? After CH33B, I normally just do umbrella so I don't have to think about hit confirming. You still net a lot of damage (63) if you get the JF umbrella after, and you get a free 33B if they don't tech properly (which actually adds to more damage than the other options regardless if you get the JF umbrella or not). If they start teching properly, you can use that to your advantage. Other options could be CH33B 6K 66A+B, or CH33B 2143B:B 1B:B or CH33B 2143B:B wsB.

Damage Comparison (+1 or -1dmg approx):

CH33B 6K A+KB JF Umbrella 66dmg (~63 without JF)
CH33B A+KB JF Umbrella 65dmg
CH33B 6K 66A+B 57dmg (good position for wakes)
CH33B 6K 2A+B 55dmg
CH33B 2143B:B A+KB JF Umbrella 69dmg
CH33B 2143B:B JF Umbrella 70dmg
CH33B JF Umbrella 63dmg (57 w/o JF)
CH33B 2143B:B wsB 56dmg
CH33B 2143B:B 1B:B 59dmg

Sexy Setsuka Combos

Off of 1B:B

1B:B 6K 66A+B 53dmg
1B:B wsB 66A+B 57dmg
1B:B wsB 2A+B 56dmg
1B:B JF Umbrella 33B 62dmg (58 w/o JF, 33B cannot be teched here)
1B:B wsB A+KB JF Umbrella 69dmg (66 w/o JF)

Back