SF4 Subsection?

Yes, because SRK is now a smash brothers forum just because they decided to add a Smash subsection.

I have no freaking clue why they have one in the first place. Almost everyone on that site shits on the Smash community whenever the words "Competitive" and "Smash" are brought up or defended in a thread. So the logic behind having a Smash subforum on a forum that more or less HATES Smash makes little to no sense at all. =/

Ummm, why are people so against it? its not like its a harmful or anything like that

people who argue that other "subsections" would get added you need to realize that majority rules and IF there is enough to make a majority then i dont see why it would be a problem

Best suggestion yet

only problem is I don't think any of the people asking for it have purchased 8way premium
You don't need to be premium in order to post or join groups. You only need it to make it. :]
But now that the problem has been solved,thread closed.

Okay... heres the thing... If you guys really wanted a sub-forum for SF4, I could do it... But then of course, we would also be open to have sub-forums for other games as well... can't discriminate... Tekken, Virtua Fighter, Guilty Gear, etc...

i vote french vanilla!

anyways why is this even under debate? this is not only a soul calibur site, it is THE soul calibur site. why on earth would we change that? sf4 is very popular right now, but it will die down.

IF we get a sf4 subsection, i demand a tekken6 subsection as well, and then the flood gates are open. perhaps at some point jaxel will decide to make it an all encompassing gaming site, or fighting game site, i dunno, but it would require massive restructuring and perhaps a new site altogether.

i like the solution of making a social group for every other non-sc game that's sparking a lot of discussion.

... i hope that SFIV group starts a precedent.

I have no freaking clue why they have one in the first place. Almost everyone on that site shits on the Smash community whenever the words "Competitive" and "Smash" are brought up or defended in a thread. So the logic behind having a Smash subforum on a forum that more or less HATES Smash makes little to no sense at all. =/

Smash was in the evo lineup for 2 years in a row. They made a subsection for the SRK members who wanted to discuss the game without having to deal with the fail smash community. The reason so many people hate the game so actively isn't so much the game itself, it's the community. The relationship was getting better between SRK and Smash until the latter had a huge bitch fest about brawl in 2k8. It wasn't just a bitch fest, it was a boycott of the event along with lots of shit talking.

You could leave it to the realm of social groups and see how much activity they get. No need to dedicate a subforum to this games unless you want to dedicate a subforum solely for fighting games which I think is a better idea since social groups are more obscure for information and having one big ass thread for a game is awful to go through.

I just feel that this forum should be about Soul Calibur, not about SF4, Smash Bros., Tekken or whatever the f else you want to throw out there or hear about why ___ doesn't have a dedicated subforum. So if you want, create one solely for fighting games.

I think 8wr is evolving from just a game forum to a community forum. It'll always be about SC, first and foremost, but I don't see why we restrict community members to just a single thread when I'm sure a large part of the community plays both games.

Back