Should an SC:BD port be included with SCV?

Should Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny be included with Soul Calibur

• Total voters

REPROBEAN_CHILD

[14] Master
Anyone who bought Assaasin's Creed: Revelations for the PS3 would know that they'll get a free copy of the original Assassin's Creed. Since SCV borrowed some elements from SC:BD (Character Creation features, Quick Play, Dampierre, Lizardman/Kratos style) maybe Namco should consider doing the same for SCV. This would give players a good idea of how Kratos would play on the PS3 port, as well as see how it plays online. Even though we already have SC on consoles and SCV is coming out soon, I think this would be a good idea. It is a series best on a console over a handheld after all. What do you guys think? If possible, someone tweet this suggestion to Daishi (I don't use Twitter).

It looks like you haven't really played BD. It's just a SCIV port, but without multiplayer, story mode, arcade, ToLS, force choke, and a few other details, but it includes Dampierre, a decent guest character made to please sony fanboys, and a very nice tutorial. Porting it would be pointless, for it would be a port of a port.

Besides, It's not that easy. You can't just "port" a game, unless of course, you're putting the same exact thing as in the PSP, but that'd be just stupid, knowing you already have SCIV...

In less words: Wanna play BD? Get a freaking PSP. Tomorrow's Black Friday.

It looks like you haven't really played BD. It's just a SCIV port, but without multiplayer, story mode, arcade, ToLS, force choke, and a few other details, but it includes Dampierre, a decent guest character made to please sony fanboys, and a very nice tutorial. Porting it would be pointless, for it would be a port of a port.

Besides, It's not that easy. You can't just "port" a game, unless of course, you're putting the same exact thing as in the PSP, but that'd be just stupid, knowing you already have SCIV...

Actually I do have Broken Destiny, which was why I suggested it. Not a lot of people played it because its on PSP and putting it on the same bluray disk as SCV would get a lot of players to experience it. BD was initially supposed to be dlc for SCIV; this could be a good reason to fulfill that idea to a degree. Again, this is a suggestion and its meant to be discussed. Please don't be an ass about it.

I just want to play the gauntlet from BD. I heard from a friend it's quite humorous. And why would I buy a psp just for one game?
Because it's the best portable fighter ever? And yes, the Gauntlet is very funny, you should try it someday. Rent a PSP or something.

Was the gauntlet mode like a ghost mode (like Tekken 6)?
No, it's like SC's mission mode but with a more tutorial-like focus. And it has a very funny story.

Yes, maybe I'll rent a psp and do that. Or beg my friend to let me borrow hers and the game. Too bad she never parts with that thing. >.> But no matter... fate, you will not stop me! I will play this game sooner or later.

What's LS mean?

SC5 comes out in two months and it has to be ready even before that. And now they should spend resources (time, manpower, hire outside help) to make a port of BD? I dunno, man.

If they didn't plan this beforehand and made the port already, I doubt, they will start now.

SC5 comes out in two months and it has to be ready even before that. And now they should spend resources (time, manpower, hire outside help) to make a port of BD? I dunno, man.

If they didn't plan this beforehand and made the port already, I doubt, they will start now.

Actually im with this now, its all about V since its the main game in just 2 months now.

it's this simple. if namco makes a lot of money and has high demand from SC5 then they are going to most likely either make a port of that game and/or make a branch off game like they do for the Tales series.
Give me SC1 or SC3AE
you can get SC1 on Xbox Market place I know for sure. not sure about PS3.
Was the gauntlet mode like a ghost mode (like Tekken 6)?
Quick Match was the mode that had ghost in it. some of them were pretty cheap and spammy too. it was like playing ranked match online but without the lag.
I just want to play the gauntlet from BD. I heard from a friend it's quite humorous. And why would I buy a psp just for one game?
the gauntlet is very in depth and keen on the basic elements of the game the combine to make up a player's skill. punishing certain attacks with certain moves, how to look out for which grabs might happen, how to avoid certain attacks when it's the better option then guarding it or impacting, etc. the list goes on and it adds a nice little story to keep players interested. it's comprised of exercises really. it will definitely brush any SC player up on their skills.

I'd love to have seen a port but I don't think it's very financially viable for them either way. Adding it as a bonus to SC5 would be a very expensive bonus they don't see any return on. Releasing it as a XBLA game (or retail) would probably sell poorly unless it was released way in advance of SC5.

Daishi expressed interest in doing a HD Collection of Soul Calibur (that would include SCI, II and III apparently), why not suggesting to him to add BD in?
After all, Sony recently released an SDK for editors to port their PSP titles to PS3 while refining the textures, see Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD

Whats all that important about the gauntlet? Sure its funny yes, but... Its not really needed is it? The conversations could just be in a Museum mode.

Back