Siegfried Combo and Tech Trap Discussion

WR {B}, SCH kA+K+B, iagA
3{B}, SCH kA+K+B, iagA
22_88 B, b4, SCH kA+B+K
CH 4B, 3B (there has to be a better option)
3A, 2A+B
Ridonculous damage!

Note the following damage ranges but I will put the lowest that I have gotten with the combo

CH 6K- (if they tech right, 3B 57 dmg, if thy tech left, 1K 38 dmg) Note-the tech right thing is very unreliable since I was able to hit it against asta and the new X character but not maxi.....guess there is a set character list it wont work on
22_88 BB4 SCH B - 76 dmg
RSH B, 22_88 BB 78 (does more damage if they try to tech)
SBH B 22_88 BB 99 dmg (same rule above applies)
66K~BE, SCH K~BE JagA -74 dmg
Found an interesting tech trap RSH K 66B will tech trap both left and right but can be blocked if they dont tech. So I`m sensing a bit of a mix up here. so if I did RSH K, they tech, 66B for 67 dmg
3A dash 3B- same dmg as 2 A+B 49 dmg
A SSH K
Tech trap: 4A RSH, RSH K will trap, same rule above applies for people that continuously tech)
Tech trap: 11_77 B SCH, SBH B will trap both directions and unlike the previous traps, this will hit regardless for 52 dmg, if you get the tech and finish with 22_88 BB it looks around 130 dmg
wall combo- A SSH K *wall* 6K *wall* 22_88 BB 79 dmg
wall combo- A SSH K *wall* 6K *wall* 3B SCH K~BE JagA 91 dmg
More to follow

Flapjack 2A+B is a tech trap.
Kpc posted a bunch more in the combo thread.. id copy paste them but I'm in class heh heh heh.

Just as a temporary note, in this post at the beginning of every combo, a "#" will denote half meter use, and a "##" will denote full meter. no symbol means no meter. and more symbols mean more meter.

*natural and counter combo strings not included

starting with the basic command list combos and branching out:

3A 2A+B - 45dmg
SRSH {K} SBH B - 47dmg
CH 3{B} SCH B - 72dmg
#22_88Bb4 SCH kA+B+K 3B - 76-80dmg
##SCH B 235236A+B+K - 105dmg

3A 3B - 45dmg *spaces much further than 2A+B
22_88Bb4 SCH B - 65dmg
3{B}(tip range) SCH B - 63dmg
SBH B 22_88BB - 89-92dmg *Strongest SBH B follow up
#66k[A+B+K] SCH B - 60dmg
##66k[A+B+K] SCH kA+B+K iagA - 75-76dmg
#44A 66k[A+B+K] SCH B - 78dmg
##44A 66k[A+B+K] SCH kA+B+K iagA - 84dmg *agA timing seems strict. will not connect if not timed properly.
66A 3B - 63dmg
3{B} SCH K - 39dmg
WR{B} SCH K - 44dmg
SBH K 3B - 41dmg
SBH A 3B - 48-49dmg
SBH B iagA - 63-90dmg *to get more damage, wait until your opponent just barely splats on the ground to get the bonus from fall damage, and a far more powerful combo out of it.
FC B+G BT 2K - 44dmg
SBTCH B iagA - 82dmg
SBTCH B iWR AA - 86dmg
#SRSH [K] SBH kA+B+K
SRSH A 3B - 59dmg
22_88kA2A - 34dmg
CH4B 3B - 48dmg
CH SSH A 3B - 47dmg
SSH B 3B - 49-57smg *more damage+launch if they tech. less damage if they do not move.
CH 11_77{B} B+K SBH B - 52-70dmg *more damage+tech trap if they tech.
22_88k[A] SCH KK - 44dmg
#22_88k[A] SCH kA+B+K iagA - 79dmg
22_88kA[A] SSH K - 46dmg
[A] SSH K - 34dmg
SRSH B 22_88B - 90-94dmg

next update: CE specific combos and wall combos

EDIT: bah, stupid [B] tags. well i forgot about that. re-edited the combos and placed {} brackets there instead. let me know if i missed any.

EDIT: also kPc do u mind posting your tech traps in the tech trap thread as well? that way you'll get credit for your discoveries.

unfortunately 1AA no longer works as a tech trap, was kinda mad about that but then I discovered 22_88 BB and was happy again.

alright tech traps I discovered so far:
11_77 B SCH, SBH B will not only tech traps but it guaranteed no matter what, you do hit the trap I would recommend following up with a 22_88 BB for some ridiculous damage, looks around the 130s.
4A SRSH K will trap.
SRSH K, 66B will trap if they tech but the opponent has the choice to block instead. I havent found any reason why they should try to tech after this move so until we find a reason for them to do so this is just geez whiz info.
44B SBH B traps and just like the first trap, if the first one hits the second is free no matter what so they can choose to eat around 70 dmg or 150.
CH 6K- now I`m not liking this one too much but if you happen to catch a glimpse of which side they like to tech this might help ya. If they tech left, 1K catches them all the time, as for teching right, I`ve noticed that on about alittle more than half the cast 3B will catch them for a re-launch, others it will just straight up whiff.....take that for what its worth.

found more:
#2{A+B} SBH kA+B+K 75-93 dmg *more damage done if teched
44A 66A+B - 62 dmg
44A 66B - 46 dmg
44A 22_88BB - 69 dmg
44A 3B - 54 dmg
44A 2A+B - 44 dmg
SRSH A 3B - 59 dmg

here's some wall combos:
##CH6K ~ W! ~ 4B 236236A+B+K - 84 dmg
##CH66K ~ W! ~ 4B 236236A+B+K - 87 dmg
###CH6K ~ W! ~ 3{B} SCHkA+B+K 236236A+B+K - 87-91 dmg **damage depends if you get W! after 3{B}
###CH66K ~ W! ~ 3{B} SCHkA+B+K 236236A+B+K - 95-102 dmg **damage depends if you get W! after 3{B}
##CH66K ~ W! ~ 3{B} 236236A+B+K - 87 dmg
####CH6K ~ W! ~ 66kA+B+K SCHkA+B+K 236236A+B+K - 109 dmg
####CH66K ~ W! ~ 66kA+B+K SCHkA+B+K 236236A+B+K - 110 dmg
#CH66K ~ W! ~ 2{A+B} kA+B+K - 76-88 dmg **more damage if teched
#CH6K ~ W! ~ 2{A+B} kA+B+K - 78-85 dmg **more damage if teched
CH6K ~ W! ~ 4B 2KKKKKK - 52-57 dmg **damage depends on if all Ks connect
CH66K ~ W! ~ 4B 2KKKKKK - 52-61 dmg **damage depends on if all Ks connect

I've found some more stuff on B+K Base Hold transition

#B+K B 8B+K (must transition to the left, or this combo will miss) kA+B+K, iaGA **At least 88 damage, assuming you miss the just frame and get no Clean Hits. If both Clean Hits come out, you can get up to 108 damage with use of one BE. Also useful for wall splat situations. Pretty nifty.

#B+K B B+K kA+B+K **87 dmg (might as well stick with 22_88BB if you're not going for the big dmg) It is noteable, however, that 22_88BB seems difficult to time efficiently.
#22_88k{A} SCH kA+B+K iaGA 82 dmg (insane for such a safe hit confirmable move)

B4, 3K/66K/66kA+B+K/4KK will catch every tech.
now try B4, 3B with front tech and hate your life.

22_88 B, b4, SCH kA+B+K
CH 4B, 3B (there has to be a better option)

Im not sure if the first one is a combo or not. Maybe Im doing it wrong.

CH 4b can setup your CE which is pretty simple.
- A+B for mixup options depending on ring position
- 66A+B catches Back roll.
- and 2{A+B}, kA+B+K.

Just a couple I found that wasn't posted I dont think:

#CH 3{B}, SCH kA+B+K, A+B does about 86 DMG and gives you mix-up options out of SSH. I find some ppl still fear A+B and eat B,B,B for crazy damage.

##CH 3{B} SCH kA+B+K, 2{B}, kA+B+K around 107 DMG but can be ariel rolled left or right without strict timing.

Very interesting that A+B is so useful in this iteration! Nice finds. I'll be incorporating that into some of my BnB's. 97 damage with 0 execution whatsoever, haha. I like it!

Still, though, it seems inconsistent for some combos. Not sure if it has to do with positioning, air control, etc. Throwing it into 22_88kA kA+B+K A+B works 70% of the time for a good 91 damage, but some other combos the last hit whiffs a lot, and you're left at disadvantage in stance. I'm aware you could work with this, but I'd rather the 3rd hit be guaranteed and then get an oki mixup while they wake up instead of scrambling to block. The only time it's absolutely guaranteed (at least against smaller characters like Pyrrha, which I'm testing with) is at the wall... and unless I'm on the wrong side, I'm gonna go for iaGA at the wall for Dat Juice.

In ending my combos with iaGA away from the wall, it also sets the opponent up to land immediately as I do my next move. So if they do anything but block, they eat ground 3B for an extra 30-33 damage, or tip range 2A+B (also 30 dmg). That puts some combos as high as 96 all the way up to 129. Being in SSH isn't something I particularly want on their wake-up. I want that when I'm at disadvantage in on-the-fly situations, not disadvantage on wake-up. This move looks almost punishable if it whiffs.

Dunno if its known, but i "discovered" sth quite good dmg wise.
Wherever u can connect a 22/88BB (max dmg no bar) u can connect 44(B), SBH kA+B+K for even more dmg and good post game. Also travel to wall/edge really fast.

ex. SRSH B, 22BB is 73 dmg
SRSH B, 44(B), SBH kA+B+K is 83 dmg

I yea, I had been fooling around with BH k BE. Can't say I like the damage increase for spending a bar. Definitely good to know in case you NEED the extra 10 dmg to kill, but most of the time I'm going to opt for something meterless unless I can either kill or Ring Out. Good shit! Well, I guess I'm an idiot for not posting this here in the first place, but I was excited, so shoot me, lol.

Hey guys, I know 66k BE has been letting some people down, but I've found some interesting uses I hope you find enjoyable. I'll start with the common knowledge stuff and move toward some of the things I've been finding.

Note that some of these do not transition into SCH. In order to make the transition, all you need to do is hold down B after the Brave Edge, but since your fingers are already on all 3 buttons beforehand, I'm going to skip the obligatory B notation and just say {A+B+K}. Hope that doesn't bother any of you too much.

66k{A+B+K} B - 60 damage

66k{A+B+K} kA+B+K iaGA - 75 damage - an expensive combo, but if you've got a ringout opportunity, fuck it right?

66kA+B+K 3{B} 6B+K - 50 damage into 50/50 SRSH okizeme mix-up

66kA+B+K (delay) 11_77{B} - 50 damage for a less desirable mix-up into SCH. Could be useful if you have meter to burn for a SCHk BE interrupt, but still risky

66kA+B+K (delay) 1B - 96 damage - If you step just slightly to the left, then 1B ASAP, this should be enough to compensate for 1B's weakness to tech right. Works on all other techs normally without step. If your back is against the wall/ring edge, I highly recommend this :D

66kA+B+K 22_88A - 65 damage - This is a complete tech-trap. Have fun making people afraid to wake-up anything. Eventually when you've conditioned your opponent enough, you can just start 22_88BB'ing for an additional 56 damage.

I haven't tested the other stuns yet, but I'm positive there are more 22_88A tech trap opportunities out there. Remember people, it WALL SPLATS! Have fun!

edit: Just tested CH11_77B - same deal. Tech traps both work. 1B follow-up is even more consistent with this stun since you have much more time to compensate 1B range with left step.

Yeah its been a while that too (about my post), but i was busy with the frame data research etc ;s
Tbh 1/4 of the bar is worth it at alot of situations for the combo. As i said it travels alot ;p

I dont like the 66kA+B+K much aswell, but at least its TC with nice "safety"

Back