Siegfried Q&A / General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the frame data thread, is the impact number the startup frames? I understand the block/hit/CH part, but where is the startup figure?

In the frame data thread, is the impact number the startup frames? I understand the block/hit/CH part, but where is the startup figure?
The start up frames are amount of frames if you subtract the impact frame data by 1 (minus the hit frame). At least I think that's correct, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Though that bit of misinformation would explain why so many people still insist on doing slow ass moves after blocking it.
If that assumption is correct, than let us change all of siegs frame data to -18 on block :D

Btw Y U no answer my question in the MU thread?

^I wish my friends did slow moves after a blocked agA. Nope he just whores out A:6... I really hate that move.

Because agA is a much better option and you shouldn't be using A+B.

The main benefit is that you can do A+B when they have less life after a launchers, or if they're nowhere near a wall. The execution window for agA after launchers is pretty strict and it can be difficult to hit the input correctly and have it actually connect, in which case you're throwing away potential damage anyway.

The main benefit is that you can do A+B when they have less life after a launchers, or if they're nowhere near a wall. The execution window for agA after launchers is pretty strict and it can be difficult to hit the input correctly and have it actually connect, in which case you're throwing away potential damage anyway.
I would say that but not every character is Astaroth (only character I've seen consistently get hit all three times from various combos). It puts you at a disadvantage also because of the stance.

I would say that but not every character is Astaroth (only character I've seen consistently get hit all three times from various combos). It puts you at a disadvantage also because of the stance.

I may be mistaken, but I think if you do it with agA (not a clean hit) you get 71 damage, if you do it with A+B you get 69 with the first 2 hits. If you do A+B, A and they ukemi into the 3rd hit you get 76 I believe. I'll have to test this. But 2 damage lost for consistency's sake isn't a terrible loss. In some situations you're picking between giving away 20 or some odd damage from the agA or 2-10 damage from using A+B.

Only reason I even consider A+B is because watching a bunch of tourney streams I noticed OmegaDR uses A+B instead of agA on a number of occasions against Keev, probably because he was using SCH K BE as a punisher instead of on wakeup which can make the input difficult. On that same note I've seen PyroZamfir throw away a match or two against Partisan because he went for agA and it either didn't come out at all, came out late, or came out as a grab (I think this was due to controller issues, but you still get the point, he just gave away free damage, still love you Pyro <3).

I may be mistaken, but I think if you do it with agA (not a clean hit) you get 71 damage, if you do it with A+B you get 69 with the first 2 hits. If you do A+B, A and they ukemi into the 3rd hit you get 76 I believe. I'll have to test this. But 2 damage lost for consistency's sake isn't a terrible loss. In some situations you're picking between giving away 20 or some odd damage from the agA or 2-10 damage from using A+B.

Only reason I even consider A+B is because watching a bunch of tourney streams I noticed OmegaDR uses A+B instead of agA on a number of occasions against Keev, probably because he was using SCH K BE as a punisher instead of on wakeup which can make the input difficult. On that same note I've seen PyroZamfir throw away a match or two against Partisan because he went for agA and it either didn't come out at all, came out late, or came out as a grab (I think this was due to controller issues, but you still get the point, he just gave away free damage, still love you Pyro <3).

Bunn PS3 controllers, that is all.

Why don't you guys just do ... ~ SCH K BE ~ iaga?
It gives 77 damage, 80 + if it is clean hit.
I know that some people don't get it sometimes but I guess that's something that can be fixed with training.

Don't forget to delay the input of SCH K BE because it gives a lot of extra damage. 83 without clean hit and around 90 i believe with clean hit.
Afaik from the 3 Hits of A+B only two hit regularly. Sometimes only one or even none for crap damage and sometimes all 3 hit, for very high damage. If those 3 hits would hit consistently than it would be a very good option but considering only 2 hits hit, you better go with iaga.

Hmm I tried delaying only the SCH K BE input but got the same results (32 dmg). Perhaps I'm doing it wrong, I dunno. Help...
But I noticed that the height the opponent is being hit by iaga changes the values. I got the highest which gave 76-77 damage and my low reached till 79 ( or 81, I don't remember, actually my thumb hurts from the iagas to test again).
And random clean hits are annoying...

You have to time the SCH K BE shortly before they hit the ground. It will look a little bit different. If your thumb hurts you can also train the SCH K BE timing with any other combo like 3(B)~(delayed) SCH K BE~3(B). Normal version deals 69 dmg, delayed will give you 74.
Keep in mind that SCH K BE has a chance for clean hit too, when you compare the two versions.

You have to time the SCH K BE shortly before they hit the ground. It will look a little bit different. If your thumb hurts you can also train the SCH K BE timing with any other combo like 3(B)~(delayed) SCH K BE~3(B). Normal version deals 69 dmg, delayed will give you 74.
Keep in mind that SCH K BE has a chance for clean hit too, when you compare the two versions.

I'll give this a try. Generally I go for the SCH K BE right after 3(B), maybe that's why my agA comes out and whiffs high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back