Siegfried Q&A / General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol against my friend's Alpha Pat who I usually play Sieg against and although I usually win it is hard as fuck I went and picked Mitsu for the hell of it beat him into the ground 4-0 with just 4B, pokes, 2K BE and grabs. I loled he was not happy.

I main Hilde, but Siegfried was my main in 3 and 4 and is now my secondary in V. Really you shouldn't worry about match-ups with him considering you "should" still learn how to beat "every" character.

You should see how I play against Pyrrha Omega with Sieg. I 1K then run away all game so manly.
Careful you'll get punished badly if u abuse it too much...since 1k is -14 on block omega can stab punish u boo hoo no fair

Well atleasts the alpha matchup with seigfreid feels better than the omega matchup.....meh my opinion.
I haven't really faced a good Omega but Alpha I have and shit Alpha's 33B screws me over soo bad steps my 3B and tech-crouches my iagA and on counter it does soo much.... it's why I try space him hard and use B6 if he comes straight, 1K if he goes for 33B at close range and just keep poking him until he makes a mistake.

This is the first SC game I'm planning to attand a tournament for and would like some help leveling up my skills

After lengthy sessions in training mode and time spent browsing the seig threads, there are a couple things that im hoping someone could answer for me.

1) Frame advantage.....when seig is at advantage i find that 66k is the best option but i want more damage and i dont want to spend meter hence i try to keep the advantage and pressure but as with seig as a character there is always holes in the pressure being applied. any other good ways to keep with a hit and run type of play while making the most of his advantave on block or hit??

2) Tech traps.........what does seig have that makes the opponent want to tech. i can understand with alpha when he gets a knock down he has more than enough options
a)throw
b)mid
c)low

although seig has the exact same options his throw doesnt gaurantee a combooooooo

so my question is why must an opponent tech, or do they have to be stupid to tech?

PS if the information is already here somewhere sry for clogging up the forums

1. With Sieg's poor step you don't hit and run. There is no backstepping away. You can use your frame advantage to step a potential vertical. Or you can attempt a frame trap. His advantage is nice but it doesn't really give him much unless it's a blocked iagA or 22k(A) on hit but no one attacks after 22k(A).

2. Tech traps... about that... yeah...

from what i have seen of siegfried gameplay in tourneys, i have noticed that everyone prefers 9K over 9B as a jumping attack, but can someone answer me why?

from what i have seen of siegfried gameplay in tourneys, i have noticed that everyone prefers 9K over 9B as a jumping attack, but can someone answer me why?
Don't quote me on this I may be wrong but I think 9K is safer and faster where as 9B does more damage so 9K if you are unsure if it will hit use 9K and if you are damn sure 9B. However I don't use either other than jumping nub-cakes spamming Asta's 1AA thing it's the best move in existence so someone else may correct me if I am wrong.

Don't quote me on this

Too bad.

I may be wrong but I think 9K is safer and faster where as 9B does more damage so 9K if you are unsure if it will hit use 9K and if you are damn sure 9B.

9B is i34, mid, does 32 damage, knocks down on normal hit, and is -11 on block. It also forces crouch on block.
9K i25, mid, does 26 damage, gives +4 on hit and knocks down on counter hit, and is -12 on block. It does not have the weird (in a good way) hitbox that Nightmare's has.

However I don't use either other than jumping nub-cakes spamming Asta's 1AA thing it's the best move in existence so someone else may correct me if I am wrong.

44B is my preferred TJ move. If you're going to try to make that kind of read, you might as well go for the big damage. Though 9B isn't that bad to just throw out, since it's safe to just about everyone + the force crouch, and it puts them in flashing red in 18 blocks - not great, but for its safety it's pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back