Siegfried Study Responses & Questions

B6 gives nothing :) hahaha a very marginal advantage if that counts.

There's 22B_88B depending as well don't forget. Decent risk reward imo.

B6 gives nothing :) hahaha a very marginal advantage if that counts.

There's 22B_88B depending as well don't forget. Decent risk reward imo.

I sometimes use too much of that though, however, I like using it after a RSH A+B since it hits mid, and grounded.

I was wondering I someone could tell me what Siegfrieds notations mean. I know they mean one of his stances. I just don't know which one. Sorry for not knowing. I really need to know it so I can understand combos for him.

I was wondering I someone could tell me what Siegfrieds notations mean. I know they mean one of his stances. I just don't know which one. Sorry for not knowing. I really need to know it so I can understand combos for him.

SBH is base hold where he sits on his knee.

SCH is chief hold where he holds his sword behind his back.

SSH is side hold where he holds his sword in his right hand.

SRSH is reverse side hold where he holds his sword in his left hand.

BT SCH is back turn chief hold, and should only be known because the B can launch them over you, and you can get a auto horizontal parry for a few seconds when you first enter it.

BT SSH is back turn side hold, and should only be known because you can do SSH over and over again to hop towards an opponent while back turned, and BT SSH A+B is a decent low.

The backturned stuff is really for general knowledge, sieg isn't voldo, so fighting in back turn is very dangerous, however for the times where you end up with your back turned to the opponent, there are some things you can attack them with aside from the normal back turned attacks.

Okay. I'd like my usual out of stance moveset rated so I can make sure I'm not doing anything really stupid, and fix that if I am.

3 - Who doesn't?
22_88 - My main transition into SSH and SRSH
B6 - I love this poke. I throw it out a lot at mid range.
3A - For interrupts.
4[A] - Nice transition to SSH.
iWS AA - I throw this out usually as an opener since it's not usually expected.
3K - For interrupts. I found out using 3KKB is really dumb on my part.
4K - For interrupts. I use it less than 3K.
2A+B - My long range low.
a+ka2A - Man this thing is awesome. Favorite low.
FC A+G_B+G - I love throwing.

Okay. I'd like my usual out of stance moveset rated so I can make sure I'm not doing anything really stupid, and fix that if I am.

3 - Who doesn't?
22_88 - My main transition into SSH and SRSH
B6 - I love this poke. I throw it out a lot at mid range.
3A - For interrupts.
4[A] - Nice transition to SSH.
iWS AA - I throw this out usually as an opener since it's not usually expected.
3K - For interrupts. I found out using 3KKB is really dumb on my part.
4K - For interrupts. I use it less than 3K.
2A+B - My long range low.
a+ka2A - Man this thing is awesome. Favorite low.
FC A+G_B+G - I love throwing.

The only things I would comment on would be

4[A]- its great if you can hit it on CH but other than that its just an ok move and on block your eating some sort of launch so if you are going to use this, use it sparringly

iWS AA- this is the scrub killer. Why? Because it mainly works on scrubs. With good timing you can CH someone to get some good damage, but other than that, you will be blocked and punished by decent/good players and yes even at the beginning of the match.

The only things I would comment on would be

4[A]- its great if you can hit it on CH but other than that its just an ok move and on block your eating some sort of launch so if you are going to use this, use it sparringly

iWS AA- this is the scrub killer. Why? Because it mainly works on scrubs. With good timing you can CH someone to get some good damage, but other than that, you will be blocked and punished by decent/good players and yes even at the beginning of the match.

Do you say the same for iWS AA2 on block confirm?

4A is safe, so that's one thing to consider. It is a "once in a while" move, but mixing 4A and 4[A] can give the other dude the slip...

Yes. You'll still get punished hard.
I disagree... Because a) Just because you "can" get punished doesn't mean you will if you are smart w/ it. ("It" meaning iWS AA2) Just don't over use it, look for CH and cancel if it's not there, but also mix it up decently and you'll be fine... and b) If you use it at the right range you can minimize (or at least lessen) the damage you take if they do indeed react properly to it. (Some people will... some won't... You have to test em to see if they will tho)

So yeah... I think the iWS AA series is pretty ok to use as long as you are using it sparingly. Especially for the gains you get (long range horizontal step killer?... yes I'll have one please)

- I.C.E.

WS A series is pretty good cause they can't jump the second hit after blocking the first, so you can do genuine mixup off it

Alright, cool. So I now that I've tweaked everything a little bit, is there anything I should add to my out of stance repertoire?

Not if they don't hit u. Of course they "can" but like I said they won't necessarily have the chance if you are using the move smartly...

In fighting games I think the point of the learning the rules is learning when to break them :)...

- I.C.E.

BT SCH is back turn chief hold, and should only be known because the B can launch them over you, and you can get a auto horizontal parry for a few seconds when you first enter it.

BT SSH is back turn side hold, and should only be known because you can do SSH over and over again to hop towards an opponent while back turned, and BT SSH A+B is a decent low.

The backturned stuff is really for general knowledge, sieg isn't voldo, so fighting in back turn is very dangerous, however for the times where you end up with your back turned to the opponent, there are some things you can attack them with aside from the normal back turned attacks.

I'd like to point out that BT SCH B doesn't always throw them over your head, if you're too far away it just crumple stuns.
BT SCH :A: also hits, though BT SCH :(A): will not.
It's not mentioned that BT SBH auto GI's either, this has happened to me numerous occasions.

Don't forget that BT SCH B can RO from a surprisingly large distance if you tack on 3B on agA. iagA can also give wall splat, which can set up some monstrous damage if the angle is right.

Back