Siegfried Videos

Synraii, I've commented my observations on the video. I liked it overall, tho Malik seemed not much knowledge-wise VS Sig. I liked your 2A, its just a taste of how good it is.

@ Slayer:
On labyrinth I think I did step WD A+K with 66B, I know its the best tool, but I will not rest until I dropkick him out of WD A+B, lol
I use 9K rather than 9B against Kilik because he can't punish it and its a bit faster - I prefer 9B normally.
236B, g, A+B: Normally I cancel into ag:a or 3A against him - didn't expect him to step by a wall, I'm a terrible person Q_Q
AAB: its a really bad habit - I know its terrible, but I love it =3
As for the SRSH B oppertunity, yeah, I fucked up there XD
Thanks for the summary man! =)

@ RTown
Because if he only does 66A, subsequent mixup is in his favour, if I jump and he cancels, I feel in control of the situation, if he whiffs the second hit from the jump especially.

@Jink
I never was a big fan of 2A, but I do respect it - and it makes my opponent look like a douche if they die from it XD

I use 9K rather than 9B against Kilik because he can't punish it and its a bit faster - I prefer 9B normally.
Faster = Yes
Safer = No

9B is -8 on grd. 9K is -12. of course, kilik cant punish either of them =P unless ur suggesting that he asura them? im almost certain he cant recover fast enough from whiff after jumping to asura 9B anyways lol even if it is much slower. of course i may be wrong ;)

You misunderstand me - should Kilik block 9K, he has no i12 move to punish it so it is safe vs. Kilik - I use it vs. Kilik because it is faster than 9B and he can't Asura it - good move vs. Kilik...

@ RTown
Because if he only does 66A, subsequent mixup is in his favour, if I jump and he cancels, I feel in control of the situation, if he whiffs the second hit from the jump especially.
I feel that the second hits of 44AA and 66AA are telegraphed enough to be able to judge, personally. I don't think I've ever been faked out. But it was a joke anyway...

@Jink
I never was a big fan of 2A, but I do respect it - and it makes my opponent look like a douche if they die from it XD
Haha, to me, your 2As were the highlight in your video, alongside your 8Ks. 2A is combat-proof, is not just for ending matches, & is not lame to get hit by it, IMO at least.

got some offline siegfried vids to post here as soon as im done splitting them up and uploading them lol

SCIV Edmonton presents:
Random offline super PRO siegfried calibur matches...OF DOOM!!!
Proffesional Camera Phone Quality*
*Camera Phone not included.

jink im disappointed in you and you know why but like i told you...online is online...hello all to siegfried players

Side note about 3B vs 33B at Tip Range+Counter Hit:
3B gives +frames but leaves the rival just outside of SCH'A & B's range, & too close for SCH'A+B to be interrupted.
33B gives +frames & pushes the rival out to the range of SCH'A+B's & SCH'kB hitting frames, almost at tip.

Nice recent matches Panto.

In most of those 3B+TC examples I crouch then WS' punish. I do it when I spot strings that has high in between or ends with high.

SC4 http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD6BB17D98EA543FE
SC3 http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2C63DEEFFB6BFFBA

EBO 2K11 Team France Vs. Team World
http://youtu.be/yyc-5W9YTps
07:50 Kira (Cervantes) Vs. Synraii (Siegfried)

Yeah, Kira mopped the floor with me but then he's a lot tougher than me, I made a ton of mistakes and got torn apart for it, but there's a few touches in our match I'm pretty pleased with.
You can probably tell I'm not too good on the Cervy matchup, but critique is appreciated. =)

(Before Heaton says it, yes I plan to use more throws next time. ^_~)

alright, so here's that critique you demanded, good sir ^-^

1) try using more b6 and 2A (or even 3B if you're agressive) to try to poke him out of crap like 44B.
2) u gotta deal with his step a little bit better. try throwing out 6A if you really need to catch it. (i saw you throwing out 4K against his step man!!!! grr!!!)
3) use alot more poke oriented moves like 3K, K, 1K, b6, 2A, ect. to hit him out of attacking at disadvantage. you can't let him walk all over you like you did in round 4.

instead of relying at tip range on this matchup, try being in a little closer, like around mid-ish range so that 44B doesn't pose so much of a problem for you. this way, he also won't be able to bait stuff like your iagA as easily. but don't get too close and end up dealing with 1K all day, because thats bad too. depending on what he does though, at this range, you can still bait some of his stuff for free whiff punish consistently, its just ALOT harder than it normally would be (as demonstrated by your SSH B whiff punish in round 3

always try for the faster moves/pokes. you gotta force him to stop attacking at disadvantage before you can really set any of your bigger, slower stuff up. also try to avoid 22_88B outside of whiff punishment, as (correct me if im wrong) im pretty sure thats a free iGDR combo on block. infact to add to that, SSH itself is just fairly dangerous against cervy.

its ok to turtle up a little bit in this matchup if you have to, so long as you can maintain optimal spacing.

don't get desperate with your SRSH stuff. mind you, you kinda did need it, but remember that a) its a huge risk, and b) don't be shy about using SRSH A+B as a safe outlet. worst case scenario, he'll GI it or whiff punish it last second, but thats why you gotta set up the stance properly, to put him in a position where he doesnt have enough time to step K_B so that you can pressure him accordingly with A+B.

i know its pretty risky, but try for a bit more 3A in this matchup. if you can get it on hit, your options are practically limitless. not only that, but it does a fairly good job of catching step, much like 6A does.

also, im gonna assume this was probably nerves, because it's your specialty, but don't get lazy on your punishment. you can't let him throw stuff like 3B into block for free. even if it's just a K, it gets the job done.

4K IMO is a bit more effective as a pressure tool, but even though this move is solid gold, it doesn't really have a place in this matchup other than desperate need of a safe TC, as 3B and 2A can do everything else at a bit of a safer range. that plus if you're using it as a pressure tool, cervy is great at controlling sieg's step, and its very easy for him to interrupt everything you do after for some decent CH damage.

CH fishing is a nice bonus in this matchup, but you shouldn't make it your main goal. get 1 or 2 CH 3B's, and you've already got the upperhand, all you gotta do is play it safe after that and kill him slowly. unless you screw up bad, he wont likely be able to catch up the damage (hence why i say its ok to turtle) and HITCONFIRM UR 3B's!!!!! RAWR!!! also, try doing your best to avoid getting CH'd yourself...

be wary of cervy's oki and tech trap game, as its really pretty strong, and it inflicts alot of pressure on the recieving player. best way to avoid this stuff is to avoid KND's or CH STN combo's, hence again why i say its ok if you turtle up a little.

On the bright side, you had some pretty good use of WR K in there, and your grab game seemed to work out fairly nicely for itself most of the time. decent use of 1K, i would have liked to have seen you do that more, because it was working out for you fairly well (excluding the random iTP whiff punish.) and don't be afraid to mix it up with more WR K because of that. WR K is a great alternative to 1K if you're in FC, and you can always use FC A, WR A, and 6A to control step if things start to get a little hairy.

Thats my take on things, Josh ^-^ as promised!

I do not desire a false salvation

no stop it don't watch that oh god what have you done NDK.

Well, I should probably preemptively analyze myself so people can see what I already know I fucked up on:

• I will never use anyone except for Siegfried in a tournament ever again. Ever.
  • 3A was never used at all, and it should definitely have been against Sophie.
  • Don't be stupid with 2_8B+K - TAS B is far too meaty for it to evade, even at tip range.
  • Jumping predictable lows is good, but simply 9G'ing rarely guarantees damage. Use some 9B since 44B/44K are too slow/hit high.
  • Grab more, you fool.
  • Be extremely careful with a+ka2A - only Vincent punishes it consistently, but there's no need to let any other Sophitias figure it out.
  • 3(B) is a terrible panic button. In fact, all panic buttons are terrible when you're Siegfried. Keep your cool at all times.
  • 1B is proven to be awesome only against lobo and Signia. Everyone else is hit or miss - BlackMamba is a miss, in this case.

Back