Siegfried Videos

Hello Everybody! New video from Dominican Republic! Me vs Melfice, Siegfried vs Sophitia... I lost this match but won the re-match... I hope you enjoy this and help me with some constructive criticism:

-be careful about what u do with 22{B} because on grd i believe sophie gets a TAS B off it. in fact alot of stance transitioning attacks are dangerous around sophie, making some of them not even worth the while for the amount of damage she can score killing the stance
-sophie can force a trade off WR {B} SCH K with her AA, and i believe it leaves siegfried in a bad position. of course she also still takes a hit.
-i saw u use 1A on wake up, which is good since it catches rolling, but i was suprised that you would throw it out on its own instead of a+ka2A since a+ka2A has the same unsafeness with even greater rewards. its also nice to throw out if they tend to stand up and eat 1A alot.
-try jumping TAS AA
-try punishing AS B more often than grabbing after it for guaranteed damage
-if u find u have to run up to whiff punish try throwing out a 6B instead. the move has very good range for whiff punishment purposes.
-dont be afraid to 3A ~ 3A near edges. free RO on hit. 3A is also like siegs best move vs sophie.
-i'd also say try throwing out more of his A+K strings in general, although keep in mind to use them sparingly or they will try to jump/TC them
-3K despite being a mediocre move, is very good as an interrupt to unsafe strings. throw it out in the right situations to get them thinking twice

other than that ur sieg looks good. GJ man, this was good stuff. thx for posting it up here.

P.S. im half asleep so if i missed anything or need to correct myself i'll re-post later (been a long week) but GG, that was enjoyable to watch.

Thanxs Slayer... in that match I was in "too careful state"; I was guarding more than usual and grabbing more than usual all that I can create momentum to use more moves, but my opponent just could't get enough afraid of my punishment to stop making the same annoying moves... in my city I never play Sophitia (there was a Sophitia player but no more than a total scrub, I literally won over him 20-0 twice); and I wasn't totally ready for the challenge, I won the rematch of this fight in a hard way but never doing the same routine.

I really love to play as Siegfried, even that I'm winning more matches playing as Astaroth, but I really love Siegfried in SoulBlade, SC1, SC2 NIght and most of all the incredible powerful Siegfried from SC3.

Thx for posting.

That a sweet sophie :-)

Technical remarks :
-Where is agA ? :-/
-Where is a+kA serie ?
-Lake of punishment : 3B or 33B for ASB, really important IMAO. K for 33K.
-The best move against a sophie, is the move that she forget to punish, LOL.
-damn, you ruined my day http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHpRxGQGQK8&feature=player_embedded#t=31m00s
:-(

Global remarks
I think that your way of play is more adequat for Astaroth than Siegfried. You are dashing over and over again to close range for grab mix up.
That doesn't really work with Siegfried, because he is too weak in NH, and too weak at close range...
I advise you to increase your CH abilities. Mid range, confusing stance and SG preasure lake on your game and can deserve CH purpose. Like someone said "Then again, playing Siegfried is all about having the guts to take risks."
This Sophitia punishements are weak, you have to exploit this defect.

Managed to record an offline FT5 last night before my phone died - Siegfried X Kilik
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECPgR4huohE
As we play on CRT and its recorded on a cameraphone, there is some blackline, but it's only bad in the second match and the start of the third. Check it out guys! =)
Btw, frames do NOT have my respect in this match - Darkfender, this one's for you! =3

Managed to record an offline FT5 last night before my phone died - Siegfried X Kilik
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECPgR4huohE
As we play on CRT and its recorded on a cameraphone, there is some blackline, but it's only bad in the second match and the start of the third. Check it out guys! =)
Btw, frames do NOT have my respect in this match - Darkfender, this one's for you! =3
Your accent...is so british. So very british. So very strong. And solid Siegfried though! I lol'd at catgirls comment.

Solid Vid Syn. Very nice play on your part. I don't know Kilik well enough to get into many details but it did seem like the kilik player was making many mistake. Also dang I do not think that 4B+K is that great that he should have been using it as much as he did. I'm surprised you didn't use more agA, granted my Sieg is fairly basis but I whore the shit out of that move when I play Sieg.

Me and Karl play offline on an almost daily basis - normally we're pretty even but he had an off day sadly...
The thing is, because we play so often, our styles are COMPLETELY tailored to one another so there's a lot of shit in there I wouldn't do against most. For example: I know Karl hates being forced into using 3BB and as such his mid game doesn't really worry me, so I feel a lot more confident to see how he responds to tech jump, Step catch, throws and tech crouch mixups at minor disadvantge - or major if he ges lazy XD
You don't see me using a lot of ag:A due to his style - at tip range he is VERY iWSB heavy due to the fucking things evasion and he is very happy to just throw it out there, so I get whiff punished a shit ton for it =/
Though this works both ways, I could just run up to him and get a free CH 3B instead, as you see me do a lot there.
Truth be told, this is a lot more aggressive than my default Siegfried, but I always try to rushdown Kilik as I don't like to take on his bullshit zoning game XD

Seeing as nobody else has bothered to - I'm going to analyse myself during that fight:
Overall, my biggest weakness in that fight was that I use 3(B) far too much after blocking safe moves - I gave a lot of easy Asura oppertunities which thankfully, Karl didn't captialise on.
Punishment was fairly consistent - if lacking confidence by an edge. A fair observation would be that I should use K rather than 6K or 6A to punish semi unsafes due to its frame advantage on hit, but as a player, I always prefer to take maximum damage where free, paticularly against an idiotically safe character like Kilik - not that frame advantage really helps when facing auto evade mixup =/ Make your own decision as to whether that is a good or bad thing, its my personal take on it...
Defensively, I will admit, I got away with a lot - Karl's okizeme was pretty shoddy throughout and occasionly cost him dearly and there were a lot of areas I need to retrain against, Just impacting Back parry A_B on reaction again being one of the more noticable areas.
Rewatching that video, post blocking back parry A I used WAAAAY too many 3(B)s - that's a free Asura right there, luckily he didn't pick up on it - but it was defenitely the biggest opening I gave him consistently... I think I used like one 4K in that situation? Silly as fuck in hindsight.
Overall, so-so performance - good in some areas, others need touching up and my mixups could use some work specifically against Kilik, I underestimate those auto evades and that complacency will get me killed...
Also, I need more 1K, Grab/mid is all well and good, but its a solid low and I should use it more...

If anyone picks up on other areas, let me know and I'll try to explain what I did and why, or if I was just being stupid XD

The only thing (as a Seig in training) that I really saw that I can see as bad was the 2B into SCH stance. If someone uses a step killer then you will probably eat a CH in mid transition (Soph 236A A). If you are going to 2B, then I would suggest doing 4B+K (back stance transition) to make them whiff their attack and have to eat either A or K. I do it to Slayer all the time XD.

Also another thing that bugged me. Tell Karl to stop ducking when you charge with 6B+K (Forward transition) because he kept eating B. Tell him to Asura lol. Also tell him to stop using 236K while you are on the ground. It is a high move and when you tech you are crouched causing it to whiff.

Well I tried lolol. Hope it helped.

2B: Messed up an input - it was supposed to be a 22(B) so I was just trying to make the best of a bad situation. Staying in SBH forces counter hit anyway in that stance sadly, transitioning into SCH doesn't and gives a nice whiff punish oppertunity if you get lucky.
I think I only used SRSH as part of okizeme? The reason he didn't Asura is that the Tech Jump has a little bit of startup and I would just score free SRSH K's on him all day =/
I think he shouldv'e used 4B+K personally and given me a chance to use SRSH A+B...
As for 4B+K - I would typically whore the shit out of it, the reason I don't is because of Karl's style - he's the sortof player who trades speed for range at advantage, he will use tools like 66A or 44AA at point blank happily, its one of the reasons I disrespect frames so blatantly against him, as I'm just mixing up a quick move with a duck, with a jump. I wouldn't risk a 4B+K vs. Kilik personally because if he catches you out, you will get zoned really quickly - I prefer to take that chance in rushdown and score damage while I'm at it, Kilik being a bastard and all...
Good observation though, didn't conciously realise till you mentioned it XD

Ok, well heres my mighty analysis...OF DOOM O.o
  • After Blocked B+K, if you a+ka2A, it will beat any options he can dish out after except JMP A/B/K/G and low GI. frontstep ~ 1AA does the same after blocked B+K6B if you time it right(assuming u dont want to GI the 2nd hit) and the 3rd hit(as you already know) can be 1B'd(or 3B'd if he get's the JF). and yes, 1AA and a+ka2A will TC kilik's 6A in these two specific situations.
    • of course, if you have great reactions, you could just punish the 1st 2 hits with 3B, and the final hit with 1B or 3B >_>
  • if you notice your opponent likes to use kilik's WD A+B/A+K stuff, go for the 66B. it steps all of those options with best case scenario being he eats 66B, and worst case scenario being you both end up BT, just to shut down his options and open up SRSH abuse for yourself.
  • nice use of 3B ^-^ it was nice to see so many CH's
  • I liked how you were frequently jumping his lows, but i do have a question: why JMP K instead of JMP B? both work in those situations. personal preference?
  • as for the accidental basehold, it would also be a great opportunity to land SBH A+B as a TJ if he 4B+K's...
  • i saw some ok use of AAB, but i wouldnt say make a habit of it, since it doesnt jail, leaving a giant opening for TC's and iWR's, and the last hit can be jumped, stepped, even interrupted by moves that are i12 or faster(which thankfully kilik doesnt have)
  • MOAR a+ka2A & 1B POST GI!!! he likes to GI again right away, take advantage of it! lol you could even land a 2A+B from there.
  • i'd suggest some caution when using b6, since kilik is still pretty strong from FC/WR with WRA_B, and b6 is only +1 on hit.
  • great job dealing with his BP stuff. i liked all those GI's into 3B ^-^. since you dealt with it so well i doubt you'll need to know this, but if you ever find yourself in a tight spot, everything from BP can also be step 2G'd for a meaty WR B whiff punisher
  • GRR! use 2A+B as a whiff punisher! not as a mixup with 236B! >.< it doesnt work that way!
other notes/remarks:
  • match 1, around 1:30: u 3B whuff punish, 6B+K into SRSH, quite visibly ducks he ducks, then you cancel out of stance to 1B...>.< SYNRAII!!!! that was a free SRSH B!!!! TT-TT
  • 6:31: ZOMG OFFLINE LAG TACTICS O.o lol
  • 8:03: MAGIC TRACKING lolol
all in all i liked alot of what i saw in this vid. im not one to judge, but from what i saw, your friend does need to learn the time and place to exchange speed for range, rather than just doing it on a whim, since i think if he was playing more on the speed side he could have stopped your rushdown and put you into a positino where you would be forced to attempt to either outplay him or once again rush him down at the spacing game, and >_> he could also work on his punishment a little, but thats just from what i saw. it would have at least relieved him of some of the pressure that was enabling you to crack him. maybe then you'd have to resort to something like working his SG lol(however difficult this is, with asura aGIing everything >_>).

u obviously needed MOAR SRSH A -_-

sometimes you can avoid the spacing game and provoke attacks by bustin out 2A in place of 1K, allowing punishment and mixup chances.

"3B is my friend!" =D best quote of the night XD

Back