Siegfried Videos

I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that I am just terrible at JagA. Oh well.

Also we should definitely put some of our awesome (online lol) Sieg mirrors up here.

Heaton, JagA on it self isn't that much of a deal since the Grd advantage & range are same as AgA. AgA is just one to few frames slower depending on your input.

If you can't get plain JagA, don't worry, as long as you keep doing it ASAP & from good range, its ok.

With that in mind, try doing JagA buffers during previous move's recovery, it easier. Example to weight importance:
The difference between JagA~JagA, AgA~JagA, & AgA~AgA at poking, is 2nd agA. Regardless if you get the 1st agA as Just Input, you still get the same frame advantage & knock down. what's really important is to get the 2nd agA as a Just Input (which is easier) to get best result from the advantage gained by the 1st JagA or AgA.

JagA is i17 & +2g. Another JagA right after the 1st will be i15 + anti-step + RO. At tip range & near ring edge that's very good.

JagA~AgA = the 2nd agA being i16 or slower, which decreases your chances.

1 frame can make a lot of difference..

AgA~JagA = the 2nd agA being i15, very good.

Apply this to other pokes with Hit or Grd advantage confirmation & you should do fine, plus you'll avoid screwing up by doing a A+Grab & possibly getting whiff punished or back into a "in-shell" situation.

That's my opinion about agA use.. for pokes at least.

also, if u do even a regular agA off moves that have a long block stun time (like SCH MAX{B}) even if just input at a non jf fast speed, agA will buffer and iagA will come out easier. mind u u'll fail if u try to go too fast, and nothing will come out.

experiment a little.

also since u play on 360 heaton i highly reccomend doing iagA with ur left or right trigger buttons, since it is much easier to do iagA that way on xbox, than doing it any other way. infact just agA in general is easier that way on xbox, since the face buttons have stronger springs in them than PS3 buttons do, and it can throw off ur timing by just that much...or u might even screw up all together.

as for doing it on psp, using L2 or R2 is akward due to the out sloping shape of the trigger. as such its usually easier to either use L1 or R1, or to simply agA. the buttons are alot less stiff on a PS3, so doing agA the regular way is actually much easier than u'd expect with minimal training. as for doing iagA, its a little trickier because its almost like ur trying to buffer gA as soon as u hit the 1st A. its very fast, but keeping ur finger relaxed helps alot. its not something that should come off as strenuous. infact something that makes it even easier is if u use the tip of ur thumb, and utilize the ball of ur thumb as an axis. however doing it agA+? is perfectly fine as well. i merely provided a myriad of methods, which suits u best is for your own judgement, not mine.

as for siggy mirrors, next time i fight 1 of u guys, i'll record the matches on my camera phone, no matter how bad either of us does. theres no shame in learning from your mistakes.

When I mess up jAGA in fights I get ripped apart - does it come out as A? No. A+G perhaps? No. I get A+B at close range and lose about 100 health for my troubles ~_~.
It doesn't happen very often but I want to throw my pad at a wall when it does.

ca1d0bc6-2076-4069-8a37-b1d06c4e711a.gif

When I mess up jAGA in fights I get ripped apart - does it come out as A? No. A+G perhaps? No. I get A+B at close range and lose about 100 health for my troubles ~_~.
It doesn't happen very often but I want to throw my pad at a wall when it does.
Synraii, what are you doing using agA at close range in the 1st place? Using A+B mapped button for agA, no good. How's your pad set?

Synraii, what are you doing using agA at close range in the 1st place? Using A+B mapped button for agA, no good. How's your pad set?
lol im a little guilty of doing this myself jink. but i just simply cant afford to not have A+B binded to L2(LT), since i cant press it on my own do to my small hands. unless i were to replace the bind with A, and just press binded A and regular B for all my A+B moves...maybe its something to try...

its also useful if u wanna force your opponent to crouch and they are really good at breaking grabs. nightmare actually uses the same tactic lol.

got about 40 vids coming that i recorded from online matches last night...if they ever finish sending!!! TT-TT cameraphone sux! i need a real camera thats compatible with USB of some kind!

EDIT: gah!!! my phone is having sync problems! thats y it isnt working! >.<
EDIT: ok, next time i know to record in a lower quality. the vids arent syncing because they're too large. guess i'll split them up and re-assemble them...TT-TT

Uploading Videos from my offline session with Zaigonen's mitsurugi at last!
In hindsight I played badly, I didn't punish nearly enough and since then I have worked on that aspect and can now just ukemi 2KB consistently. They were all recorded on a dazzle capture card, but we are learning as we go on how to upload properly so a couple have no sound - sorry about that.
Nevertheless any other constructive criticism is welcome:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKNHh86S7is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc8qnVEXD-c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2eCCFRRTcI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zga8fSQqlVY
Thanks guys!

I just developed a new method to do iagA/agA which works the best out of all methods i've shown before. here's the notation:

a{g}A or ia{g}A

this means yes u hold down the G button during the slide.

this works for all binds that start with A(including A+B+K+G), and the best part is if normally say u were using an A+B bind to do agA and when u screw up u wud get A+B, that no longer happens. instead because u are holding down the grd button, you will either simply block and do nothing, or whiff an A+G grab, both of which are better than the screwed up option that a bind would spit out. (well unless ur input is waaaaay to fast, in which case it spits out either A+G or A+B, but thats assuming u press g and A+B at the exact same time. it seems to spit out A+G much more often than it spits out A+B however. infact i think it only spits out A+B if ur too slow on ur G input. i'll continue testing.)

i will be posting a new agA tutorial soon, this method is the easiest out of all of them so far.

enjoy every1!

got a few more quick videos to add for you guys! by request i'll keep em comin! i dont think they look half bad for cellphone quality ;]

Back